Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1791017 times)

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2e - Update: Increasing difficulty. And Orcs.
« Reply #8460 on: January 13, 2013, 04:19:34 am »

are pig tails supposed to produce cotton thread now? i'm still on 2d, but from looking at raws it seems like they all produce cotton thread/cloth/rope/etc now...
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8461 on: January 13, 2013, 05:08:01 am »

Dunno if you're doing anything with adventure mode, but there is no reaction to make leather from animal skins.
So, you're screwed for any leather goods, which effectively makes outsider chars (or any char that does not start with a bag) totally boned unless they stumble upon a bag.
Also, no leather, so there's that.
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8462 on: January 13, 2013, 05:09:46 am »

@sayke: Yes. It says so in the changelog. All plant thread had been standardized to cotton. I didnt want to make it "plant fiber shirt", so I took the most well known plant fiber for clothing. Could have done hemp or flax as well.. its the same with the creatures and silk of course. Silks = Silk, animal mats = wool, plant mats = cotton. Is that good, bad, what do you think ?

In the meantime I did fix the grazer button thingy, and added a tiny little something to the GUI:
JollyBastion Tileset Update
JollyBastion Tileset with different font type (not ttf, but in the tileset)
CLA's tileset
Taffer's tileset
Ascii+ renamed to Vherid, and updated.
Soviet tileset, also by Vherid

And instead of default color and masterwork color, you now have... 18 different color schemes. :) Picture in the spoiler shows 15 of them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

@ShadowLop: What do you need bags for? You have to speak very slowly to me, as soon as its about adventure mode. I never played it. So... I should give you a reaction to make leather ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8463 on: January 13, 2013, 05:51:58 am »

About the plants: I failed to copy the plant_standard.txt for all the ascii sets. Completely forgot, that each one has its own. Just go to masterworkdwarffortress/matrix/raw/objects/plant_standard.txt and copy it into your raws. That will fix everything regarding plants.

Thanks for that Meph. I'll go check out that fix later, and let you know how it went.

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8464 on: January 13, 2013, 05:52:37 am »

Even with the orc fort activated, there seems to be absolutely no use for slags in game.
There was a building called, 'slag pit', and it did not accept slags.

So I couldn't help but look it up, and taiga orc civ did not have access to DESTROY_SLAG, CONCRETE_SLAG and POTASH_SLAG reaction.
Guess someone did not have high enough blood-caffeine level when merging two mods . ;)
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8465 on: January 13, 2013, 06:03:32 am »

Taiga orcs do have this in the entity file:
Code: [Select]
#################### DWARVISH SLAG PIT ###############
YESSLAGPIT[PERMITTED_BUILDING:SLAG_PIT]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:DESTROY_SLAG]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:CONCRETE_SLAG]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:POTASH_SLAG]

I will test of course, but I everything looks right.

PS: My coffein level is always 0. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8466 on: January 13, 2013, 06:18:20 am »

Steampunky ideas? Hell yes! :D

Ever played Guild wars 2? You could pretty much add the whole charr race into the mod, they are the pinnacle of steamtechnology.

Can a weapon give a creature a bonus? Like improved vision for sniper rifles? I dont think so, but it would be fitting. If not, just an eagle-eyed caste of dwarfes would work too.

Upgrades for turrets and golems (see fallout equestria with the robotupgrades), like a steamdriven punch, improved firerate, faster movement and so on. Maybe even upgrades for steelclad animals, which turns them into steampowered beasts of destruction (have they already been transformed? Damn, well, the idea keeps being here :D )

Steamweapons, which have more force behind them then the material would normally allow. Also, steampowered guns and x-bows, improved firerate as an upgrade for the mechanized crossbows and the guns.

And as a last point, the ability to transform (yes, you dont like that, but i do) a dwarf into a steammancer, a mage who also wields a enchanted steamgun by default and can magically repair damaged mechanical devices (turrets, golems) and can temporarly disable enemy machines (automatons, and things i MIGHT be working on :)). He would basically be the top of magical and technological combinations.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8467 on: January 13, 2013, 06:26:30 am »

@fred1248: Hate to say it, but it must be you with the caffeine problem ^^ Tested and works, orcs using the slagpit, current version.

@Firehawk45: Never played Guild Wars, but I will read up on them. I do have upgrades for golems. Steampowered animals... no, wouldnt be a new game-mechanic, we already have armored animals. Mechanized ranged weapons with higher firerate yes, is on the list already. :) Steamgun that shoots steam: planned as well, more or less. Using TEMPORARY transformations which it totally ok. But steammancer that can (what, emp? lol) automatons... probably not. ;) But again, gathering ideas. I was actually mostly refenring to steampower... as in: correct, historical uses for steam engines. And not super-scifi steampunk doom robots from the future :P

Edit: Sayke will get a heart attack when he sees the drowspiders with the black background ^^
Edit2: Is fixed, they now have the normal brownish background
Edit3: While I am usually not into cat-people, the charr seem to be alright. Someone who looks like this cant be all bad:
Spoiler: big picture (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 06:38:26 am by Meph »

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8468 on: January 13, 2013, 06:27:09 am »

Huh, I'm always rigged up on coffee. I once had 6 consecutive cups of coffee.. had to stop there as my hands were shaking xD
Hm, did you modify orc fortress in 2e? I couldn't get rid of slags in 2d, and my workshop area was absolutely cluttered with slags.
Maybe there's a chance that some masterwork settings can turn the permitted reactions off for some reason?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 06:28:46 am by fred1248 »
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8469 on: January 13, 2013, 06:45:47 am »

Fred, I updated orc fortress for 2e. Your report is about 2d. You could have mentioned that, because that would have saved me 30mins of time, testing it in the current version. I thought your report was about the current mod version.

To be clear: It does work in 2e, it does not work in 2d. (which I already knew)

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8470 on: January 13, 2013, 06:50:09 am »

Fred, I updated orc fortress for 2e. Your report is about 2d. You could have mentioned that, because that would have saved me 30mins of time, testing it in the current version. I thought your report was about the current mod version.

To be clear: It does work in 2e, it does not work in 2d. (which I already knew)

...Sorry, I did find a bug for 2e, when I click grazing button, it says, creature_tropicl_new.txt is missing. I assume it's a typo.

Edit: Why the heck wasn't it mentioned on the front page, or the df file depot, or the orc fortress main thread anyway? It's not like the reactions didn't exist, they were there, it just wasn't added to the entity file. I mean, sheesh. I wasted 4 hours trying to deal with the slag problem.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 07:18:35 am by fred1248 »
Break his other leg.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8471 on: January 13, 2013, 07:32:41 am »

The charr are legitemitly awesome, they killed their GODS with huge guns, reduced a whole human kingdom to rubble and train their cubs to be warriors the moment they start to walk. Oh, and they have the charrzooka, probably the funniest weapon in Guild wars, although a little impractical :D

olopi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8472 on: January 13, 2013, 07:38:54 am »

Whoa...this mopd changed a lot since I last checked oO
Dwarves use their beards to influence the adamantite to change form. A dwarves beard is specialized in his job, therefore a legendary miner has a much better mining beard then a legendary weaponsmith, who has a beard that influences metals to make armor much more.
This also explains why dwarves can have a city on just a soap pillar, the beard of the soapmaking dwarf causes the soap to become rigid.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8473 on: January 13, 2013, 07:56:25 am »

Edit: Why the heck wasn't it mentioned on the front page, or the df file depot, or the orc fortress main thread anyway? It's not like the reactions didn't exist, they were there, it just wasn't added to the entity file. I mean, sheesh. I wasted 4 hours trying to deal with the slag problem.

(1) it's been discussed in the Orc Fort thread in quite some detail [1] [2] [3]
(2) Meph and I do this as a hobby, don't work in the same office, live 9 time zones apart, and make mistakes some times.
(3) You're right, the fix was easy.  But then I don't understand how you say that and then also complain it took you 4 hours.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8474 on: January 13, 2013, 07:57:52 am »

(2) Meph and I do this as a hobby, don't work in the same office, live 9 time zones apart, and make mistakes some times.

What do you mean hobby? We are not getting paid for this? Quick, shut everything down...
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 749