Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1790503 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2e - Update: Increasing difficulty. And Orcs.
« Reply #8475 on: January 13, 2013, 08:13:42 am »

Everyone give all your money to Meph at once!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8476 on: January 13, 2013, 08:20:19 am »

Amazing, I wasn't particularly insulting anyone, yet I am getting a whole bucket-lot of attention all of a sudden.
I thought I was simply doing something wrong, it was my first play-through with orc fortress. I thought I was supposed to do it with magma slag pit, or something like that. Trying to properly find magma source and pump it up is quite of a labor. Yes?

I was being sarcastic, in my defense. Yes, you are right. This is your hobby. It is your project, and you put in great deal of time into this for your own enjoyment, therefore, it automatically grants you the rights to ignore and/or blame the ones who criticize your works and/or your methods of doing it. I appologize.
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8477 on: January 13, 2013, 09:06:42 am »

And we are being sarcastic too! Take it easy.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8478 on: January 13, 2013, 09:14:08 am »

Wait. That would still mean I'm not getting any money.  ???

But yeah, dont worry. I was just a bit cross about the reported bug that was already fixed, because I did of course test it, for no real reason. But I get a lot of those reports. Rest is all fun and games, and will soon be buried in this 500+ page thread ;)

To clear the confusion: Orcs had a slag pit building before MasterworkDF had a slag pit. All fault, if there are fingers to point at anyone, goes to me. I added slag and slagpits to dwarves, without thinking about orcs and kobolds having slag, but no access to the reactions. Smakemupagus, who writes the orc mod, fixed that in the very first update he made.

On the other hand, I absoluetly disagree with this point:
It is your project, and you put in great deal of time into this for your own enjoyment, therefore, it automatically grants you the rights to ignore and/or blame the ones who criticize your works and/or your methods of doing it.

Mostly, because I dont even play DF, besides test-forts. Never find the time, and all I do on this mod is not for my personal game experience, but for the users. I constantly ask for feedback and do polls, to do what the community thinks is best.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8479 on: January 13, 2013, 09:17:05 am »

Yes, no hard feelings here either.  Sorry if I escalated the sarcasm by too much, I am coffee drinker too and it is early here.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8480 on: January 13, 2013, 10:23:32 am »

Can we go from pseudo-arguments back to steampunk? I found that to be more interesting :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8481 on: January 13, 2013, 10:29:18 am »

No. There will be a fight to the death, after that we can continue with steampunk.

But I actually have something mod-related to post. Here the comparisons of all the included tilesets. CLA and Jolly Bastion look way different because I also changed the color-scheme to CLA and Jolly. Matrix also has its own color. The others use the default color scheme.

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8482 on: January 13, 2013, 10:37:53 am »

Hey Meph what timezone are you in?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8483 on: January 13, 2013, 10:40:39 am »

UTC+1h
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 10:46:39 am by Meph »

Asva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2e Bug report.
« Reply #8484 on: January 13, 2013, 10:51:06 am »

Minor bug, it seems:
1) I embarked, while digging cobaltite miner spawned 2 metalspirits. Dwarven henocide.
2) Reclaimed embark. Thought outnumbering with copper pickaxes and mastiffs was a good idea. Dwarven henocide.
3) Got several iron swords on yet another reclaim, 4 mastiffs. Metalspirit henocide.
4) And here's the issue, dwarfs are trying to put the part of metalspirit in the coffin of spawner-miner.

All settings - default. Latest version. Placing here savefile just in case.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/99687500/Shiveria%20118.zip

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8485 on: January 13, 2013, 10:52:36 am »

Hmm i cant seem to communicate in adventurer mode. Embarked as a dwarf. The key is "k" right?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2e Bug report.
« Reply #8486 on: January 13, 2013, 11:02:59 am »

Minor bug, it seems:
1) I embarked, while digging cobaltite miner spawned 2 metalspirits. Dwarven henocide.
2) Reclaimed embark. Thought outnumbering with copper pickaxes and mastiffs was a good idea. Dwarven henocide.
3) Got several iron swords on yet another reclaim, 4 mastiffs. Metalspirit henocide.
4) And here's the issue, dwarfs are trying to put the part of metalspirit in the coffin of spawner-miner.
Thanks for the report.
1) Works as intended
2) Works as intended. I specifically said copper ok vs. rockwraith, bronze/iron should be min. against metalwraiths.
3) That shouldnt happen. Mastiffs cant help you, but the iron swords should have been enough.
4) That shouldnt happen of course, but I dont think that there is a way to fix this. Its just how the creature spawning works.

I will wait for more reports on overpowered metalwraiths and have a look at them in the arena. If they are indeed to strong, I will nerf them.

@firons: I dont know. But "c"ommunicate maybe ?

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8487 on: January 13, 2013, 11:05:16 am »

"c" is companions. What the heeeck.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8488 on: January 13, 2013, 11:25:36 am »

No, iron works fine, so unless you got unlucky, the metalwraith henocide refers to dead metalwraiths, misunderstanding on Mephs side? :)

Is the burial of the metalwraiths working though? Because if the dwarves just put it to the miner, i think its ok, unless you can butcher them for something.

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8489 on: January 13, 2013, 11:36:38 am »

Maybe i couldnt talk to those foul blendecs...
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 749