Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1788174 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8535 on: January 13, 2013, 09:36:48 pm »

EDIT: Crash on Orc worldgen too.

Post your error log please?

Missing a few embark items (animals, or weapons in particular) is normal if you use a Dwarfy embark set; orcs have different civilization and different items. 

nekronuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8536 on: January 13, 2013, 09:42:56 pm »

EDIT: Crash on Orc worldgen too.

Post your error log please?

Missing a few embark items (animals, or weapons in particular) is normal if you use a Dwarfy embark set; orcs have different civilization and different items. 

EDIT: Is that Kaptin Badrukk smake?!

I was using the orc embark set, i couldn't bring wolves, axes or spears, or spiders
error below
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 09:45:56 pm by nekronuke »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8537 on: January 13, 2013, 10:56:00 pm »

I'm like 95% sure it's Bluddflag, not Badrukk, but not sure I could actually tell them apart ^^ 
Stole the picture from Meph's post, maybe he knows.

Orcs use a different type of spear and axe than the dwarves, so that's not too surprising.  Look under Weapons and you should see them.  ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_TOOTHED and ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR_TOOTHED are both forced, so you should have them; on the embark screen I think the text will say "Jagged Axe".

And Animals, it all depends what they manage to tame during world gen, they do not get the guaranteed same pets every time.  Some are very common like tigers, boars, hawks, drowspiders (catch vermin).  Wolves live in the same biomes as orcs so they're very common, but not guaranteed.  I'm not sure I knew there was an Orc embark set so I'm not sure about what that is, sorry! 

Those specific errors come from having Harder Mining turned off, so it can't figure out what to do with a couple reactions that require Warpstone.  That's Meph's department :)  It should be harmless, I get those all the time.

So, unfortunately, I don't have any leads into what's causing your world gen crash :(

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8538 on: January 13, 2013, 11:00:34 pm »

Those specific errors come from having Harder Mining turned off, so it can't figure out what to do with a couple reactions that require Warpstone.  That's Meph's department :)  It should be harmless, I get those all the time.
I think the best thing to do when turning harder mining off is to remove the tags that make warpstone show up in game so they still exist for reactions but don't show up naturally in the world.
Then they would be like the boiling reaction stones if you do that.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

nekronuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8539 on: January 13, 2013, 11:19:07 pm »

I'm like 95% sure it's Bluddflag, not Badrukk, but not sure I could actually tell them apart ^^ 
Stole the picture from Meph's post, maybe he knows.

Orcs use a different type of spear and axe than the dwarves, so that's not too surprising.  Look under Weapons and you should see them.  ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_TOOTHED and ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR_TOOTHED are both forced, so you should have them; on the embark screen I think the text will say "Jagged Axe".

And Animals, it all depends what they manage to tame during world gen, they do not get the guaranteed same pets every time.  Some are very common like tigers, boars, hawks, drowspiders (catch vermin).  Wolves live in the same biomes as orcs so they're very common, but not guaranteed.  I'm not sure I knew there was an Orc embark set so I'm not sure about what that is, sorry! 

So, unfortunately, I don't have any leads into what's causing your world gen crash :(

I mis-wrote. I'm using the pre-made embark, they were the jagged or toothed items, wolves and drowspiders.

Also, yeah thats bluddflag not badrukk. Badrukk has a hunch.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 11:23:18 pm by nekronuke »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8540 on: January 13, 2013, 11:37:57 pm »

Hmm, Meph must have made that embark, but it looks good. 

Sorry if this is a silly suggestion.  Is it possible you did not press the button in the GUI that toggles the game to Orc mode, therefore you were trying to run with the Orc embark from a Dwarven civ?  This button is over on the very right side just above the "Play Dwarf Fortress!" button.

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8541 on: January 14, 2013, 12:14:53 am »

Speaking of embarks... why is the sandbox embark called "easy mode"?

"Strike the earth!" Spirit raven glides in. Landmines explode. Cart engulfed in blazing inferno. Yay... :P

Labraid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8542 on: January 14, 2013, 01:37:42 am »

Speaking of embarks... why is the sandbox embark called "easy mode"?

"Strike the earth!" Spirit raven glides in. Landmines explode. Cart engulfed in blazing inferno. Yay... :P

It's called like that because it's more uncommon to get !FUN in your face right away. While chances are slimmer they are never 0%, it's a DF feature we all learn to love.

EDIT: I remembered a silly/troll thread of a guy who was asking if it's possible to mod all violence out of DF so that his small kid can play it. After many speculations everyone came to the same conclusion - NOPE, this game itself is violence.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:44:09 am by Labraid »

nekronuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8543 on: January 14, 2013, 01:42:55 am »

Hmm, Meph must have made that embark, but it looks good. 

Sorry if this is a silly suggestion.  Is it possible you did not press the button in the GUI that toggles the game to Orc mode, therefore you were trying to run with the Orc embark from a Dwarven civ?  This button is over on the very right side just above the "Play Dwarf Fortress!" button.

I have, sorry, thought i made it clear when i mentioned world genning as orcs or kobolds

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8544 on: January 14, 2013, 02:06:39 am »

OK, sorry then, I can't reproduce the errors you're having on my end.  just gen'd up a new world and embarked with that default loadout, no problem :(

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8545 on: January 14, 2013, 02:13:22 am »

Well, one lesson learned: New hard farming is HARD. Or to put it in a more accurate way: Where's all our booze gone?!

Also, I just got ambushed by a few nightmares. I didn't notice until I looked above ground and suddenly EVERYTHING'S ON FIRE. Now, the real unfortunate thing is that this happened at exactly the point in time when I ran out of booze. That's annoying.

nekronuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8546 on: January 14, 2013, 03:01:56 am »

i'm gonna re-download, re-disable all the 'balance' things (save for bodyguards) and try again

Milkbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • dA Page
« Reply #8547 on: January 14, 2013, 03:29:59 am »

Meph, I was wondering if it'd be possible to turn fat stacks into oil in one of the workshops? The new harder farming leaves me with very little pig tails to turn into oil for leather boiling, soap and the oil intensive wood polishing industry.

(*v*  )         FRO-
/(  .    )\         STED
_|   _|             BUTTS

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8548 on: January 14, 2013, 03:37:17 am »

RE: Adventure mode leather.
In Adventure mode, under the "x" crafting menu, there is no option to convert skins into leather, making any reaction that requires leather (about a quarter to half) impossible unless you buy leather. As to the bags, without bags, it's really difficult to hold more than 2 items without tricksy tricks.

Second issue: Harder farming turned on, been running for about a year now. Still haven't recieved a single harvest of plump helmets. How long does it take to actually grow anything, anyway? Because I'm scrimping and scraping for anything right now and I'm pretty sure my dwarves are sobering up...
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

Labraid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8549 on: January 14, 2013, 03:55:21 am »

If I recall correctly harder farming makes surface plants take 2 seasons to grow while underground ones need 4 seasons. Long story short - with harder farming on it's better to embark with at least 40 or so strawberry or pickleberry seeds to plant right away.

EDIT: On the side note hunting seems rather attractive option, not the safest, but I'm sure your dwarves would pick some risk over drinking water.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 04:00:13 am by Labraid »
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 749