Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1788525 times)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8685 on: January 18, 2013, 01:45:59 pm »

I meant the upcoming release; Toady said we can retire and restart forts now. The idea is that if you have more than one playable entity (i.e. dwarves, orcs, kobolds, humans...) you could retire your kobold camp and start a dwarf fortress. That would require having all those entities [CIV_PLAYABLE] or whatever the tag is.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8686 on: January 18, 2013, 02:59:50 pm »

I didnt add all civs at the same time for several reason. At first it was only dwarves and orcs, so it was a simple on/off thing. Now with the kobolds it got more complicated, but the main reason is simply that I wanted to avoid confusion. People embarking and suddenly they have orcs, because the orc civ was listed first on embark. Everyone would have to check all the time what kind of civ he embarks with.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8687 on: January 18, 2013, 04:00:16 pm »

Heres the raws for both:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think the platemail covers more bodyparts, but a mithril artifact should be a lot harder to penetrate on the parts that are covered by it. Not sure about anything of what i said though

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8688 on: January 18, 2013, 04:24:16 pm »

Quote from: Wiki
a torso armor with [UBSTEP:4] or higher will also cover lower arms, fingers, facial features, and toes.

The living armor is good at one thing the platemail isnt: Coverage of extremities other 'armor' level torso items wouldn't. Such as arms and neck. With UPSTEP:5 i honestly don't know what else it could cover past fingers and toes, heh. But yes, your artifact [factors above a masterwork!] Mithril living armor is leaps and bounds ahead of any type of armor you'll make, honestly. Whoever has that will be very tough to kill without lucky shots to the legs/neck.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 04:54:03 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8689 on: January 18, 2013, 07:30:05 pm »

I didnt add all civs at the same time for several reason. At first it was only dwarves and orcs, so it was a simple on/off thing. Now with the kobolds it got more complicated, but the main reason is simply that I wanted to avoid confusion. People embarking and suddenly they have orcs, because the orc civ was listed first on embark. Everyone would have to check all the time what kind of civ he embarks with.

Actually, if you have dwarves, orcs, and kobolds using different kinds of settlements, you can tell which civilisation you're using. However, you could also have something to change the playable civilisation after worldgen; I think that works.

Edit:

From the testing succession game, we can have sieges come through the caverns now, without interrupting migration or trade from the surface and so on. This comes from species having the [LAYER_LINKED] tag. Adding this tag to the dwarven entity might allow people to get migrants through the underground at least... has this been tried before?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 08:18:32 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8690 on: January 18, 2013, 08:15:21 pm »

Quote from: Wiki
a torso armor with [UBSTEP:4] or higher will also cover lower arms, fingers, facial features, and toes.

The living armor is good at one thing the platemail isnt: Coverage of extremities other 'armor' level torso items wouldn't. Such as arms and neck. With UPSTEP:5 i honestly don't know what else it could cover past fingers and toes, heh. But yes, your artifact [factors above a masterwork!] Mithril living armor is leaps and bounds ahead of any type of armor you'll make, honestly. Whoever has that will be very tough to kill without lucky shots to the legs/neck.

What level of UBSTEP does MAX translate to?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8691 on: January 18, 2013, 08:22:41 pm »

On a humanoid, 4 if I remember correctly.  But it's kind of strange, Torso armor fails to cover anything with a GRASP STANCE or HEAD token even if it has enough Ubsteps.

Tark

• Bay Watcher
  • on what even did not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8692 on: January 18, 2013, 09:28:00 pm »

@Tark: These look good, but they arent the original bolds (?) At least to my eyes. Look at the picture, the "normal" phoebus bolts are to the right.
I'm speaking of the standalone kobold-camp cutebolds. The ones it comes packaged with. It's meant to be nothing more than an addon for anyone who wants it.

Also new version for it even, made the background more MW-friendly and fixed a few inconsistencies.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/KC_Alternative_Graphics1.7z

« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:57:34 pm by Tark »

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8693 on: January 19, 2013, 10:49:36 am »

in Kobold Camp:
the description of the food-caste (skills butcher, brewer, cook) it says: "... delicious dwarven food"
i suppose this is a copy and paste error

(i'm posting here, because i think it was you, meph, who added the caste-system)
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8694 on: January 19, 2013, 02:24:14 pm »

mm is the boozebelly cheese to alcohol reaction suppose to consume stacks? any size stack comes out to 10 rum :s
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8695 on: January 19, 2013, 02:37:08 pm »

@zach123b: I didnt knew that. It should never give more then 20 though, because otherwise barrels would spill it. I can increase it to 20, but not more.

@leafar: You are correct, these are indeed mine and the mistake is noted. Will be fixed in the next release.

@Tark: I think I just make a poll about the bold, to see which version people prefer :) Thanks for the work though, one way or another.

@CaptainArchmage: You cant change playable civs after worldgen, but you can add several playable civs, play one fort with civ A and play another fort with civ B in the same world, that would work. And yes, I know people can see who they embark with, thats what I meant in the post about it. Its just that people with no interested in orcs and kobolds will have to select dwarves every time, and most people will likely forget this step. And cavern invaders have been in the mod since the very start, thats nothing new. Cavern migrants wont work though, same for cavern megabeasts and similar things.

AT ALL: I made this survey, a sort of bigger poll version. It does have 10 questions instead of just one and allows more infos for me... sooooo please offer 5mins of your time?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:42:06 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8696 on: January 19, 2013, 02:48:31 pm »

@zach123b: I didnt knew that. It should never give more then 20 though, because otherwise barrels would spill it. I can increase it to 20, but not more.
Isn't that because stacks are affected by vanilla bugs

AT ALL: I made this survey, a sort of bigger poll version. It does have 10 questions instead of just one and allows more infos for me... sooooo please offer 5mins of your time?
You might want to add "Randomly Generated Creatures: No, because it only works on Windows" to your survey.
You also might want to specify aquifers and grazing as on or off so people don't need to correctly remember the default setting.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 03:01:21 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8697 on: January 19, 2013, 02:57:56 pm »

just makes the goats less desirable imo
maybe use a work around such as an extra step which can be worked as such, maybe ferment it in a jug such as milk -> cheese[5] -> jug [5] -> c&p a reaction from brewery

btw i mined a square of the soggoth stone (euclidean), the miner transformed but no monster just bones and he was stripped naked : /
and digv helps fight against the metal wraiths :p i find about 2 per vein on levels that have them
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8698 on: January 19, 2013, 03:01:21 pm »

@arclance: Yep, probably. And about the poll: Its done, I cant change anything on it anymore.

@zach123b: I increased it to 20, which is the max capacity for barrels. (yes, I know toady can fit more in them, but modders cant) I could also split it, but dwarves dont drink from jugs. Are cheeses always made in batches of 5 ? If yes, I can balance it on this...

dfhack helps with all kinds of stuff :P That the soggoths didnt spawn was just luck/bad luck, you know how these summoning reactions are ^^

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8699 on: January 19, 2013, 03:10:58 pm »

not from what i can tell, dwarves seem to make the stacks at the milk to cheese. i believe they take a barrel full of milk[1] to stacks of cheese[5] with the remaining in a stack of it's own
but i meant using the jug as an in between item, like milk->cheese->ink/oil/honey in a jug->booze, not sure what the stuff in between would be called though
like making honey from cheese then cheese mead lol

i'm not good at raising an army so something inside would've made things fun xD
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 749