Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1788194 times)

AssassinT90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8730 on: January 20, 2013, 12:11:37 pm »

I'm having a lot of trouble with unknown frozen plant substance logs. They are the only logs available for me, and since I enjoy embarking in evil glaciers, I need to bring logs with me. Problem is, even though carpenters use unknown frozen plant substance logs, they aren't allowed in the wood stockpile, so they stay outside. Having a carpenter going out for wood in a glacier crawling with corpses isn't good for neither the fortress' or the carpenter's health.

I'm using Masterwork Dwarf Fortress Settings Utility V1.3 (which is odd, I thought this was V.2f) on Windows XP.

Is there a fix for that?

Frenchchef

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8731 on: January 20, 2013, 12:15:06 pm »

Man, kobold camp is great fun but I do have a question. How does one farm silkmoth colonies? I notice silk webs around so I assume they do it but I don't know and can't find knowledge on how to use/capture/etc silk moths.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8732 on: January 20, 2013, 12:28:24 pm »

Man, kobold camp is great fun but I do have a question. How does one farm silkmoth colonies? I notice silk webs around so I assume they do it but I don't know and can't find knowledge on how to use/capture/etc silk moths.

Craft hives in a a craftsbold workshop, kiln, or glass furnace. Build hive in an OUTDOOR area, and your kobolds will gather insects from relevant colonies and migrate them to your artificial hives. You unfortunately cannot choose which bugs you get in your hive, so it's best to make several hives if you want silkmoths specifically. After a while, your silkmoth hives will produce a silkmoth cocoon. There will be a task automatically queued up in the kitchen when this happens to boil the cocoon. You will get silk thread when that finishes!

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8733 on: January 20, 2013, 12:48:42 pm »

Answered all the poll questions, a few things to note:

All of my fortresses have been abandoned before I've had a need for the really high-tech buildings, so none of those got ticked - but this shouldn't reflect any dislike of the buildings, just that my fortresses are too short lived.  The same goes for any of the metal industry buildings.  My fortresses tend to stay in the stone age, since I kill things with dwarfy inginuity, and I've never run one long enough to have a need to set up my own metal industry.  If I've needed something, I've ordered mithril from the elves.

And I ticked the brick oven, but I should note, I mod my brick oven.  It just seems wrong to me that it makes bricks out of stone, and not out of clay.  As I do more research, and learn how to mod df more, I hope to add realistic glazes to the brick oven reactions too.

Also, I've been thinking about what chemistry could be used for in the mod.  I was thinking:

*Glazes
*Dyes - where the modern chemical industry got started - though is it dwarfy for dwarfs to be able to make azo dyes?
*Medicines - I'm not thinking modern antibiotics, more thinks like iodine and dilute sulphuric acid, which were revolutionary bacteria killers when they were introduced - I don't know if Dwarf Fortress has fuctions that could be modded to reflect this sort of thing though.
*Explosives
*Resource conversion, like turning anhydrite into gypsum (via hydration), making mineral oil from coal, making graphite from coal, turning bauxite into aluminium (possible with pre-modern methods, but very expensive), turning ilmenite and rutile into titanium (again, an expensive process with pre-modern methods, needing lots of expensive highly reactive chemicals).
*Chemically produced ethanol (via the acid-catalyzed conversion of ethylene).
*Production of magical gubbings for high-end buildings - philosopher's stone production, in other words.
*Vulcanization of rubber - this is late 19th Century tech, so maybe not very dwarfy, but I do like the idea of being able to produce a leather replacement for animal-free fortresses.

fasquardon

Maximiliator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8734 on: January 20, 2013, 03:34:42 pm »

okay i grabbed Masterwork mod now. There seem to be many additions, including weapons, metals, civs and monster. I think it is pretty awesome ! The only trouble i am having right now:

I cannot seem to find any quests. I checked 3 hamlets already, and nobody is in need of service. I created a standard world with everything on medium, and standard Masterwork settings. With my first adventurer i immediately got the quest to kill a water dragon. Needless to say: He had a very short adventure.

Anyone got any suggestions? I am on my way to a town now. But if they got no quests in a TOWN, i think its a bug

Edit: I went to the town and they had ONE single quest in a dungeon i cannot find. What happened to all the outlaws/vamps/beasts????

Best regards,

Max

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8735 on: January 20, 2013, 03:52:34 pm »

Adventure mode is not really supported by this mod, it is focused on fortress mode and that is probably the only portion you will be able to get help on here.

Pikkaro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8736 on: January 20, 2013, 04:36:03 pm »

Hi! I just downloaded the latest version for Debian Unstable, and whenever I try to build something ("b"), the game just crashes. (I haven't encountered any other problems yet, as it's quite impossible to play this way.) I start it through dfhack, and all it displays is "aborted". No modifications were made, and this happens regardless of other running utilities. What can I do to get it to work? Thanks for any support :)

Full dfhack output:

Sound devices available:
OpenAL Soft
Picking OpenAL Soft. If your desired device was missing, make sure you have the appropriate 32-bit libraries installed. If you wanted a different device, configure ~/.openalrc appropriately.
Perfect OpenAL context attributes GET
Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt
data/sound/song_title.ogg not found, sound not loaded
data/sound/song_game.ogg not found, sound not loaded
New window size: 1920x1080
Font size: 16x16
Resizing grid to 120x67
Resizing font to 16x16

Resetting textures
Enabled tweak stable-cursor
Enabled tweak patrol-duty
Enabled tweak readable-build-plate
Enabled tweak stable-temp
Enabled tweak stable-temp
Enabled tweak fast-heat
Enabled tweak fast-heat
Enabled tweak fast-heat
Enabled tweak fix-dimensions
Enabled tweak advmode-contained
Enabled tweak fast-trade
Enabled tweak fast-trade
Enabled tweak military-stable-assign
Enabled tweak military-color-assigned
Could not save the status.
DFHack is ready. Have a nice day!
Type in '?' or 'help' for general help, 'ls' to see all commands.
Detected spatter add reactions - enabling plugin.
[DFHack]# Aborted
                 -e

Edit: Oh, one more thing. During my very first embark in Masterwork, one of my miners immediately (after mining like three stone blocks) turned into something "staring at the shifting ore" and went hostile. (Actually, the others were scared away by "<name>'s bone".) What happened there? And do random things like this one happen very often? Because then there might just be a little too much !FUN! for a newbie like me...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 04:50:08 pm by Pikkaro »

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8737 on: January 20, 2013, 04:45:11 pm »

What happened was, you have harder mining active, and your dwarf digged into a stone "infested" with rock wraith. Prepare for fun, hope you brought a weapon.... Or just draft you woodcutter or miner, they should die quite fast to a skilled miner with a pick.

Pikkaro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8738 on: January 20, 2013, 04:48:47 pm »

Thanks for explaining :) However, the game was soon ended due to said bug - no save available. But I guess I will run into those again, then...

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8739 on: January 20, 2013, 06:54:34 pm »

Hi! I just downloaded the latest version for Debian Unstable, and whenever I try to build something ("b"), the game just crashes. (I haven't encountered any other problems yet, as it's quite impossible to play this way.) I start it through dfhack, and all it displays is "aborted". No modifications were made, and this happens regardless of other running utilities. What can I do to get it to work? Thanks for any support :)
It sounds like you have true type turned on, the same thing happens to me on Linux with true type on.
Try turning it off by setting
Code: [Select]
[TRUETYPE:NO]
in the "data/init/init.txt" file.

That should be set already if you are using the Linux version of Masterwork (unless Meph changed it by accident).
Are you using the Linux version or did you copy things from the Windows version to a Vanilla df_linux download?
You have to use the Linux version of Masterwork if you want everything to work right since I had to include a beta version of dfhack for one of the binary patches to work.
A basic dfhack download also will not recognize the patched binary and will abort on startup.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Pikkaro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8740 on: January 20, 2013, 07:02:33 pm »

Oh. Oooh. Yes, that fixed it perfectly. Thanks a lot! I did turn that on through the Settings dialogue, yes... I meant "no modifications" as in "did only things that Masterwork intended me to be able to do". Alright, let's see how this plays out :) I will miss the Wiki, though, I'm noticing that already...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8741 on: January 21, 2013, 10:30:25 am »

@fasquardon: Good ideas for the chemistry, I noted them all down. :)

@Maximiliator: This mod ist mostly for fortress mode, I cant do any adv. mode support, because I dont play it.

@AssassinT90: That sounds like duplicate raws. Have a look at your errorlog and/or try a fresh download. Did you edit anything in the raws ? And which tileset do you use? (the v1.3 is about the GUI itself^^)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Kraggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8742 on: January 21, 2013, 01:41:52 pm »

Hi guys! I have problems creating bloodsteel. I have ash, ironbone, and barrels and pots of blood, but in the boneyard, bloodsteel still appearing in red.

I need to know how to collect blood for myself, how to store the blood of my enemies, and in what part of the stockpile settings the barrels of blood are.

Thanks!

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8743 on: January 21, 2013, 01:46:10 pm »

i tried out the coliseum some, about 30 dwarves died because they took the body parts to the refuse pile xD
it does feel a little cheap as it takes nothing to create the beasts once it up but i've only summoned a few giant lions
maybe they could use a philosopher's stone or something from a megabeast or seeds from plants, something that can be reusable or easily attained over time imo

going to try out the expedition, more coliseum and runes next game
(just need to find a world where there's a dead dwarf civ, as i enjoy the "this is the last of the dwarves, good luck" kind of game :p)

to kraggh: try queue'ing bloodsteel in the job manager interface, it should tell u what's missing. at least that's what i do until i check the raws :x

edit: i just found 4 dead grave cats at the edge of the map with a blood trail to the edge, no reports sadly
..i found 2 copies of grave cats in the arena, the second one falls apart in as little as 1 tick due to 'melting' :x
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 04:00:30 pm by zach123b »
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Kraggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8744 on: January 21, 2013, 05:10:36 pm »

Thanks Zach, when I order bloodsteel from the Manager, the dwarves produce it! But if I try to order in the Boneyard, still appearing in red!
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 749