Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1789363 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8745 on: January 21, 2013, 05:16:53 pm »

> from the Manager, the dwarves produce it! But if I try to order in the Boneyard, still appearing in red!

Many times, not always, this is caused by custom reactions the stockpile and workshop being in different burrows (even if the burrows are not active).  Just something you have to work around in pretty much all mods.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8746 on: January 21, 2013, 06:21:04 pm »

To fix that burrows bug, one of the first things i do in any new fort is create a burrow all the way from the nort-west corner on the highest level all the way down to the south-east corner on the lowest. That effectively fixes it

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8747 on: January 21, 2013, 07:45:07 pm »

Just encountered something !Fun!.  I am playing the pregenned tundra world at a volcano embark in the jungle area near the bottom of the map. Version .2f.  Had just bought a ton of fish and meat from the mountain home caravan.  While "processing a raw fish" the fishery burst into flames and burned down the inside of my walled fort.  At first I thought it might have been lightning(if there is lighting?  I don't play jungles much) but it wasn't raining at the time.  All I know is I got a message "Urist McDwarf has cancelled clean raw fish DANGEROUS TERRAIN" and then everything was burning down.  I'm going to load up the last save and see if I can replicate it or find out if it's a certain type of fish that might be bursting into flames.   Oh it also happened at exactly when the season changed from Winter to Spring of my second year.  I can load up the spring save and there are only a few tiles of fire on the fishery along with my grand master cook.  So I don't know if it was possible that a season change could cause something like this.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:48:40 pm by kamikazi1231 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8748 on: January 21, 2013, 07:53:29 pm »

@kamikazi1231: Volcano embark sounds like fireimp/magmaman throwing something at your fishery ^^ But if there are any fish that burst into fire, please tell me about it. I highly doubt it though...

Anyway, look at your gamelog, see what happened before the fire... everything should be in there.

@zach123b: thanks for the testing, I know the colosseum is somewhat buggy. thats the reason the reactions are free atm, so that people can use it, and report what kind of nonsense might happen. there are some tags not being respected, because only special bodyparts should be resurrected into fightable monsters, not any part in the area...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8749 on: January 21, 2013, 08:27:12 pm »

i locked up a room with the coliseum in it and set my team of 5 under armed dwarves with a random peasant for the summoning.  the peasant took a few times to summon a giant lion but once he did there were only a few bones laying on the ground and i thought "gee must've been like the soggoth and be a dud." so i unlocked the door and watched a few guys run out with the bones and the peasant run out.  i started the summoning of a giant lion again with the door locked when all of a sudden i get a few reports of dwarves dieing.  i ignored the red text thinking it was nothing then purple text. i quickly send my small militia to work on the lions, found out there were 3 i think up on the top level near my refuse piles inside the walls.  i thought "i must've done something wrong," so back to the coliseum to try again. took me til the third time to realize  ::)

only the bones dropped from the peasant would transform, it just took a moment to work.  by which time they were topside alongside a quarter of my fort lol

edit: btw i was using the version 2e and it seems it only summons 1 at a time but they drop 2 body parts.  either can be used, or a part from last time they did the reaction
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:34:44 pm by zach123b »
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8750 on: January 21, 2013, 09:00:58 pm »

@kamikazi1231: Volcano embark sounds like fireimp/magmaman throwing something at your fishery ^^ But if there are any fish that burst into fire, please tell me about it. I highly doubt it though...

Anyway, look at your gamelog, see what happened before the fire... everything should be in there.

Yea I couldn't replicate it this time.  Fort was all closed up so no fireimps/magmen getting in.  The only thing I did different was clear the clutter of shells and bones in the fishery because I built it outside.  Last time it was extremely cluttered.  So far spring is over and no fire.  All I can think of was either random untraceable bug when the season changed or maybe a buzzard flew too close to the lava then went right into my fishery.  Gamelog didn't show anything.  Everything was normal, season changed, then my cook cancelled hauling item from dangerous terrain.

I'll let you know if I run into anything else fun in .2f.  Thanks for all the good work you do!

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #8751 on: January 21, 2013, 09:30:56 pm »

I can't even start playing.

When I first start it up, DFHack says "Could not activate tweak-fix dimensions" and when I try to play, it crashes. Fatal error.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8752 on: January 22, 2013, 12:21:13 am »

Hi Chaosgear, this might only be slightly useful info to diagnosing your problem, but I get that error on start up every time *without* a fatal crash.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8753 on: January 22, 2013, 12:50:09 am »

When I first start it up, DFHack says "Could not activate tweak-fix dimensions" and when I try to play, it crashes. Fatal error.
Try starting it without dfhack and see if you still get the crash.
If it's not a dfhack problem it will be easier to see any errors from Dwarf Fortress that way.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #8754 on: January 22, 2013, 01:36:13 pm »

If it's not a dfhack problem it will be easier to see any errors from Dwarf Fortress that way.
That fixed it. Without DFHack, it works fine.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8755 on: January 22, 2013, 04:10:47 pm »

That fixed it. Without DFHack, it works fine.
That tells me it is a problem with dfhack but I can't say what since that does not happen to anyone else.
What OS are you using?
What do you get in your "errorlog.txt", "stderr.log", and "stdout.log" when you run it with dfhack?

The steam engine, poisoned weapons, and rune weapons won't work without dfhack in case you wanted to use those.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8756 on: January 22, 2013, 06:39:24 pm »

So my fort burned down again.  I figured out it wasn't exploding fish it was some sort of flying undead bird that breaths fire if provoked.  I forgot to write down the name.  Next order of business.. putting a damn ceiling on my fort and surrounding it with turrets.

EliProphet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8757 on: January 22, 2013, 06:39:37 pm »

Quick question guys. I'm not 100% sure this is a masterworks problem i'm having but it's so hard to find info and i never had this problem in another fort so here goes. Horse wool keeps resurecting and my dwarves are trapped in their own fort. At first it was funny because i imagined a ball of hair rolling around but after a few months of it its getting really old really fast. About 7 at a time horse wools are terrorizing the entrance to my fort. Right now my military is chopping them up but as soon as one dies, another two takes its place. They are completely harmless and have actually been giving my soldiers pretty good training so i guess theres a bright side to this. I heard the problem may be a necromancer hiding somewhere and that i should set up random cage traps until i catch him. I would do this but no dwarves can get out of the fort because they keep getting scared of the wool right away and the constant announcements about it is getting on my nerves. I also randomly looked at reports once and one of them said a dwarven baby was looking at the refuse stockpile twice... If this little baby is the necromancer, what's the best way to have an unfortunate accident happen? Thanks!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8758 on: January 22, 2013, 07:34:53 pm »

Hey, can I get a list of the amounts of things reactions need? Right now I'm sort of flying by the seat of my pants in regards on how much mythril is needed for a sword for example.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8759 on: January 22, 2013, 07:50:58 pm »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Metalsmith%27s_forge

"The cost of a weapon or piece of armor in metal bars can be calculated by dividing its material size by three and rounding down, with no item costing less than one metal bar. The exception to this is some types of finished goods, which are created in different multiples from a single metal bar, depending on the skill of the Metal crafter."

Find the materials size by looking in the raws using Find in File, or grep, or whatever the command is called in your text editor.
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 749