Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1787907 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - NEW RELEASE
« Reply #9495 on: March 01, 2013, 02:22:19 pm »

Well, just wait till dfhack r3... digging invaders, here we come. ;)

I updated the mod AGAIN. Only three tiny things.

Masterwork DF V2g+
Super quick hotfix.
  • Updated Therapist to 20.4 (splinterz fixed another bug)
  • Bloodsteel is now red.
  • Orc Manual Button no longer opens Kobolds manual and vice versa.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - New Poll.
« Reply #9496 on: March 01, 2013, 02:55:50 pm »

I must say, I am muchly looking forward to playing with the new release (2g+ already - how time flies).

With regards to my wool problem, I tried running a wool industry in a burrowless fortress (in version 2f) - still couldn't spin any yarn.  Very puzzling.

Meph, if I might ask, in your forts with a working wool industry, what is the wool called once shorn from the sheep?  Mine is always called "stray ewe wool" or "stray ram wool".

Also, I had a thought for you and for the other Masterwork players - Since my Orc fortress, I have been thinking about how I play with the Dwarf castes.  In orc fortress, the orc castes are pretty generalized and each is useful for many things.  This means that I am likely to find an appropriate job for each orc caste at every stage of fortress development.  In contrast, the dwarf castes are more specialized.  If I get a dwarf with a caste that I already have too many of, most often I cull the blighter.  On the flip side, that specialization also makes the dwarf castes more powerful if you get a dwarf with the right caste at the right time.  Particularly when you get a good mix of castes in your starting 7.  I found that this led to me prizing my individual orcs far more than I prize individual dwarfs.  That seems kinda backwards to me.

I don't know if anyone else is finding the flavour of dwarf castes a bit off.  Maybe it is just me.

It made me think that perhaps dwarf castes would work better flavour wise if they, like the magic castes, were ways to upgrade dwarfs.  For example there could be a "university" building that worked to transform dwarfs to educated savants in a particular field or turn them into elite soldiers (though for flavour and balance reasons, perhaps a seperate "war college" should be used to give dwarfs military castes).

Thoughts?

fasquardon

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9497 on: March 01, 2013, 03:02:48 pm »

Meph, for the Emprah, have you ever though of making a only WH mod? Or have you done and I'm guilty of not using the search tool correctly?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9498 on: March 01, 2013, 03:07:05 pm »

@LordBaal: No, and I never will. Once I start with a Warhammer mod, a Starcraft mod wouldnt be far away, or a Shadowrun mod... and beside what some people might say, I actually to have a RL. ;)

@fasquardon: Yeah, I noticed the difference in Orc vs. Dwarf castes as well, thats why I tried a new system in Kobold Camp. Lets see how it works out. It was some brainstorming involved and in the end smake wrote the castes. :)  I know the dwarven castes could be way better, but I cant work with transformations too much, it really messes up... well, most anything in the mod. ^^

About the wool: I tested it, it works. You take animal to farm workshop, shear animal. You spin the thread in the farm workshop, you get yarn. Loom automatically accepts yarn to spin wool cloth. Done.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Genesis92x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9499 on: March 01, 2013, 03:11:21 pm »

Well, just wait till dfhack r3... digging invaders, here we come. ;)

I updated the mod AGAIN. Only three tiny things.

Masterwork DF V2g+
Super quick hotfix.
  • Updated Therapist to 20.4 (splinterz fixed another bug)
  • Bloodsteel is now red.
  • Orc Manual Button no longer opens Kobolds manual and vice versa.

That. Sounds. Amazing!

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9500 on: March 01, 2013, 03:12:40 pm »

About the wool: I tested it, it works. You take animal to farm workshop, shear animal. You spin the thread in the farm workshop, you get yarn. Loom automatically accepts yarn to spin wool cloth. Done.

I was wondering what freshly shorn wool was called in your games.  I am wondering if it is a naming issue y'see.

fasquardon

al.bebop

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9501 on: March 01, 2013, 03:13:32 pm »

Just when I was getting the hang of 2f!  Guess it's back to square one on my golem army XD

Freitas11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9502 on: March 01, 2013, 03:14:39 pm »

Can someone help me please!? Doesn't matter which tileset i choose i always get the dwarf graphics from phoebus! I'd really like to use the ironhand's dwarfs. If there is anyway to change it please tell me.

al.bebop

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9503 on: March 01, 2013, 03:19:21 pm »

re: wool issues, I've noticed that when slaughtering a wooly creature there is a bit of remains that states it is "stray ewe wool" or "stray ram wool" which is unusable; I'm pretty sure this is a vanilla DF issue as I remember seeing it there, particularly off of wooly FBs.  If I'm recalling correctly, the product of shearing has the same name and appearance, but should be spin-able. 

Fasquardon, are you using the spin thread reaction at the Farmer's Workshop, or trying to go straight to the loom?  I usually make a separate Farmer's Workshop in my clothing industry area with a Refuse stockpile (limited to the "hair/wool" category) next to it.  Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question about your processing, just wanted to make sure you're catching all the steps!
Edit: Sorry, just noticed Meph already laid this out much better a few posts back!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 03:21:37 pm by al.bebop »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9504 on: March 01, 2013, 04:01:12 pm »

I survived a month in Kobold Camp, yeah ! Even made it down to the second cavern. :) But quickly run away and dug a hideout in a peat-hill nearby. And all my shalswars are dead. ^^

@fasquardon: I can test again, but I dont know what animal exactly gives what kind of named wool. But naming does not affect what its used for. I can call it steel and if it has the yarn tag its good for spinning/weaving.

@freitas: You have to take the GUI literally. It changed the tileset. not the creature graphics. I havent done a setting to replace sprites, because not many people ask about it. You can disable the sprites with the "creature sprites yes/no" button, directly below the tileset button. Then you have ascii characters. :)

@al.bebop: I'd finish playing the 2f fort... dwarves did not get that much this time, its mostly orcs/kobolds.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9505 on: March 01, 2013, 04:03:06 pm »

What's up with spawn zone reactions?
I've tried to place stone decoy on fortress wall and one level below zombies started spawning on my refuse stockpile. I've also ended up with a dozen of decoys standing down there in the middle of the fort but none on spawn point. There was no direct line of sight between points.
Also, the spawn ritual is performed through transformation, which may be kinda exploity. Are you sure it wouldn't be better to simply transform chickens in those decoys?

Also, it'd nice to at least have warning in guide that dwarf using bonfire won't be able to leave flames.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9506 on: March 01, 2013, 04:12:35 pm »

I never had a dwarf setting himself on fire while using a bonfire...  :o

Spawn rituals will be fixed as soon as dfhack r3 comes out. I am waiting since 2 months on that. I wont do anything else on them. Just as an explanation: The transformed creature has extravision and can see through walls/floors, so there was a line of sight... somewhat ^^ Its all not very user friendly, I know...

Transforming chickens works as well, but if you use a pet, why not just buy a decoy? Or scarecrow, or turret... and so on.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9507 on: March 01, 2013, 04:37:59 pm »

Transforming chikens? Spawn rituals? Oh shit, I really have to dig a lot ! Thank you for making this game so exiting.

Also, when I read about "warpstone" I think about someway to create a gate to teleport dwarfes from point to point.
Is it possible somehow ?

And sometime.... yes. Sometime to dig or destroy unnecessary earth-tiles I would like to have a flying dwarf.
Instead of scaffolding and destroy scaffolds like in the real world.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9508 on: March 01, 2013, 04:45:37 pm »

Transforming chickens was an example. Fallout Equestria and LFR use that system for some transformations, like I do for the armored animals, or the Ogres the Kobolds use... but I also have "make creature out of thin air"-reactions, which are horribly complicated and very, very buggy. ^^

Teleporting from workshop A to B would be easy to do with a dfhack script, but the AI pathfinding would never recognize it.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9509 on: March 01, 2013, 04:51:28 pm »

Well, who cares about the pathfinding reaction? You could always stun/paralyse and then wake up again the dwarf.

You're talking about the "well, let's go IN the gate!" part ? I think that the only way is a stockpile ....
Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 749