Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1772341 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Thats it. The old and honorable 11233 reply-thread will enter retirement. You can find the download and info about the new release here.

Everthing below this line is outdated !

>>> DOWNLOAD ::: MAC  (V.2f for DF 34.11) <<<
>>> DOWNLOAD ::: LINUX (V.2f for DF 34.11) <<<

Changelog ::: <2 ::: 2 ::: 2a ::: 2b ::: 2c ::: 2d ::: 2e ::: 2f ::: 2g ::: 2h ::: 2i :::
Links ::: Orc Fortress ::: Orc Tutorial Fort ::: Kobold Camp ::: Kobold tutorial Fort :::

If you want to play with only the standardized materials, please have a look at these mods:

- Over 150 options aviable. Never play the same game twice -

Screenshots
Spoiler: Colors (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Manual (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cavern1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cavern2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cavern3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: New Font (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 10 Tilesets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Armored Pets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Metal clothing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Fire and Mines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sprite Examples (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Warpstone Mining (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pre Set World:Gaia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Better Combat Logs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Embark PDF Preview (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Building Guide Example (click to show/hide)

What is Masterwork Dwarf Fortress ?
Short Summary

~25% higher FPS
Ascii, JollyBastion, Ironhand or Phoebus Tileset
A GUI to enable/disable 90% of the mod
35+ races
110+ new buildings
1100+ creatures
2000+ new reactions
1000+ plants and items
Temples, Guns, Mages and Slaves. Runes, Mithril, Automatons and Raptors
Countless new tactical possibilities

3 Playable Races

Included Extras
Included are macros, additional hotkeys, mouse support, a selection of ingame tips, uniform templates, pre-set worlds and embark profiles, a new font, a program that alters 90% of the mod, several balancing features that make the game harder or easier, a new arena... a giant manual, building guides for each building, tables about new materials, wallpapers, 8 different tilesets and more. My Point ? Everyting I just noted is not even the ingame stuff added by Masterwork DF.

Fortress Mode
The main part of the mod are new fortress mode additions. A total of 1100+ creatures, 2000+ new reactions, 110+ new building, over 1000+ plants/items, up to 35+ races, cavern sieges and slaves, golems and landmines. Dwarven castes, farming trees, throwing weapons, weapon and armor upgrades, armored pets, alternate industries and food/booze sources, spies that infiltrate your fortress. Pray to armok for aid, defend yourself with turrets and mines, research firearms or magic, hunt kobolds for loot, while a disease ravages your fortress, or lock away your magic experiments gone wrong. A smelter catches fire, a miner dies of the black lung... Frost Giants, gem-tipped swords, Cults and the Mountainking...

Example Features
Some features require you to kill megabeasts, other need trading, blueprints and research, hunting in the caverns, defeating the HFS, exploratory mining or avoiding dangerous warpstone. You can find hidden fossils or gems that produce water. Fell crystal trees and fashion pikes out of them, hunt gem scarabs for diamonds. Trading is very important. Order unique items from allies, buy slaves or dragons, constructs and materials, foreign weapons and armor. More flavor and atmosphere with race-specific items, different looking caverns and custom professions.

Included GUI / Settings
With the included Masterwork Settings.exe you can enable and disable parts of the mod, just by pressing a button. No modding experience needed. With over 7000 possible combinations you will find one that suits you.

Higher FPS
Generic materials and reduced item count. Many rocks leave only dust, invaders leave less items, redundant clothing is not there... this will lead to higher FPS. Leather is only called leather. Not "creature-name" leather, but only leather. Same for silk, hair, milk, meat and blood, bones and wood. You wont have to scroll through 50 building materials in your list, but only 10. This will increase your FPS by about 25%. No joking here. This mod is about 3 times as big as normal DF and still manages to run faster.

For a full list of features please use the included manual and guides.

Graphics
Full graphic support, most creatures have a custom sprite included. Example Sprites:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sound
If you dont like soundsense, you can add a 25min music track to replace the vanilla 3min background music.
<<<DOWNLOAD>>>

CREDITS
I used RAW-Parts, sprites, ideas or complete mods from:
Hugo_the_dwarf, deon, phoebus, narhiril, veok, warlord255, rephikul, IT 000, NW_Kohaku, SethCreiyd, quietust, funk, darkflagrance, d_e, Ashnal, LucasUP, vherid, ironhand, zero, jack, arclance, xangi, Naryar, Lycaeon, Orkel, SanDiego, cc and some unknown authors. Thanks everyone. :)
Dwarf in the Logo by Eva Zimmermann

I also want to thank the awesome community in this forum, my fellow modders who have a lot more experience then me, everyone who gracefully allowed me to blatantly steal and copy their work and the Adams Brothers for creating Dwarf Fortress. You guys are awesome and the reason DF is more then just a little Ascii game.

DISCUSSION AND ONGOING CHANGES
- There are over 10000 different combinations (no joke) , I did not test all of them  I'm sure with the right(or wrong) mix you can find all kinds of funky error-logs, but nothing should be serious. If it is, leave me a message.

If anyone would like to make a request, add ideas, see his work implimented, add content or simply help, you are more then welcome to. :)
Thank you for your attention,
Meph

PS: If you want to help to spread the word, paste this into your signature:
Code: [Select]
[center][url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98196.0]☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.2 - [/url]
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -
[b]Download @ DFFD ::: [url=http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5315]WIN[/url] ::: [url=http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5672]MAC[/url] ::: [url=http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6278]LINUX[/b]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 05:51:18 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Masterwork Dwarf Fortress - V0.1 - DF V.31.25 incl. grapics/sound
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 05:16:31 pm »

Very nice looking, I can see this being popular. I'm tempted to download and play :P but my Mod would get jealous and probally wouldn't work for me anymore lol. Funny thing I just started working on dual weapons before you posted this :P

Also I give you permission to raid my Mod (it may be the old version until I flesh out V4.0 but it stall has good evil civs and the like)
And with that whatever you raid just credit me for :P PM me what you take because some of my stuff is also community free to use stuff that I used.

Other then that, I eagerly await the "MOAR STUFF" part :P

ayoriceball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 05:21:17 pm »

unnecessary*

I look forward to seeing the graphics. :)

edit: Cool sprites. Can't wait for the terrain now :P
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 05:29:26 pm by ayoriceball »
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
"Tigermen are lazy and worthless... but not MY friend, Grroawarul."

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 05:25:20 pm »

A question about the pause-and-recenter on pet death: does it trigger when your butcher is at work? I can imagine that being very frustrating.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 05:34:17 pm »

@ hugo: Will do. :) Also I mindfarted a bit, it should read: Two-handed meele weapons, not dual wielding. Fixed that. But dual wielding is already in the game, you can give military orders to pick up two weapons or shields. But does not help much, except the stated Crossbow + Meele thing in your thread.

@ayoriceball: Graphics added... but what do you mean by terrain ?  Fixed my spelling as well, thanks ;)

@ trees: I recall that pets can not be butchered. It says: This cute animal can not work or something similar. Anyway, I will try to test it.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 05:36:31 pm »

Ah, you're correct, I was thinking of just tamed animals in general. Still, it would be a good idea to check if the announcement thing applies to all tamed animals or just pets.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 05:41:09 pm »

Just pets, it is this line in the init:

[CITIZEN_DEATH:A_D:D_D:BOX:P:R]
[PET_DEATH:A_D:D_D:UCR_A:P:R]

I would also like to add the phoebus tileset as a default, because I use it while testing. And  I quite honestly have no idea how to make everything compatible with every tileset/graphic pack, but Phoebus is the most played, yes ? ^^

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 05:51:47 pm »

Very interested in where this is going, after looking at the warpstone I wonder if there is a way we can make some sort of gas mask thing for miners? Can't remember if that's actually possible or not yet. Also is there going to be a plain ascii version as well as the graphics version?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 05:55:13 pm »

My duel wielding weapons are always two-handed, and I even got the combat reports to look nice. Altho it really is just cosmtic, but the crossbows with bayonets and bows with (weapon) I think is better then just bashing them with the thing (I had too many archers die due to the fact bashing just sucks). Also even with dual wielding weapons they still can block (parry). And I'm curious if with how toady made combat you can just tell them to use two weapons. To the arena!

EDIT:
They prefer to use the best one (used Iron dagger and Iron Short Sword), seems the only reason they would use the other is if
1. got stuck in someone and had to counterattack another
2. dropped the best one

EDIT2:
which makes my version of Dual wielding just a cheap illsion :P

EDIT3:
With the pause and zoom for pet death/dwarf death it seems it could get annoying when you have to do a dwarf-swarm to kill invaders (lots of deaths, lots of pausing)
But I guess it can be useful (im not bashing this idea, just thinking about it)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 06:02:51 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 06:31:11 pm »

Dual wielding should in theory also make use of EDGED and BLUNT weapons... I just dont know if dwarfes are clever enough to choose the right weapon for the right enemy. But the attack speed stays the same as with one weapon. You can also dual wield shields... ;)

Yes, in a massacre the pausing will be noticable most, similar to digging under a wet area. But it is just one charakter you would have to change. Also: Untested ^^ I'm still in arena testing or quick cheaty embarks, no real fortress has been build with the changes yet.

@vherid: gas mask no, but the more clothing you wear, the better your protection is. Like a cloak and hood, shoes and gloves...

Plain ascii version would be easy, since I only would have to add a tag to the new creatures, so yes, sure.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 06:36:46 pm »

Curious as to what symbols you would use for the things like turrets and such. Also just making sure are you implying that there's warpstone ores and gems?

I would love to see this be compatible with fortress defense II as well.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 06:47:13 pm »

"Fixes the owned clothing, xXxSocksxXx bug.

Most reduntant clothing has been removed, all standart clothing has now an armor rating of 1 and counts as armor. Since armor does not decompose you will never see any naked dwarves running around, or undumpable worn clothing in your living area"

This works?  And dwarves still claim these now-permanent clothing items?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 06:50:35 pm by narhiril »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 07:05:22 pm »

It works in a way. There ARE NO non-permament clothing items. Nothing will ever have the XxX in it's name, since every piece of clothing in the game has an armor level of 1. Granted it removes a part of the game, a lot of clothing. But since no one does really control who wears what (crossdressing dwarves all the time)  I thought it is ok. It makes the game simpler, without removing FUN-parts.

Symbols: No idea yet, but for Turrets a T i'd guess. Red, Yellow and Grey, for fire, heat and web.
And I hope it will be compatible with many things, but I will have to work with the mod creator to do this.

Warpstone and Gems: Nope. No extra material. Or to be exact: Yes, they exist. For about 0.1 seconds, because the stone gets created and instantly boils away to release the toxic gas. Both work and are tested. Big green veins and small gemcluster full of toxic stuff. If you mass-designate you might endanger your miners... and if you find a vein, you have to choose between mining through it, or around it. Your choice.

ayoriceball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 08:10:32 pm »

@ayoriceball: Graphics added... but what do you mean by terrain ?  Fixed my spelling as well, thanks ;)

Like, the grass and sand and walls and stuff. :P
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
"Tigermen are lazy and worthless... but not MY friend, Grroawarul."

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 08:22:40 pm »

Just a favour, could you have an option for download without warpstine? I just love mining everywhere.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 749