Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1776074 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - for 34.03. Rebalanced.
« Reply #2040 on: March 05, 2012, 01:19:31 pm »

Everything is setup, just testing a lot. (for a change, so you guys wont need to download a bugfix after 2 days :P )

So I guess this evening I will upload the next version. Mostly drow traders not selling slaves is the problem. Rest is done.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: March 05, 2012, 01:34:57 pm »

EDIT: Ahhh, ok... I tried putting my smelter on the same Z level as my coke/fule/minerals, and now it's working. Is it maybe a bug in the core game then?

Very odd. That would suggest your smelter didn't have access to the coke/flux/ore. Glad you got it working though.

I do have a bit of an odd setup. My workshop areas are 11X11, and I put an equivalent 11X11 underneath it, and there are 4 stair cases leading to it. Maybe it's because it was nearly on top of it maybe? Anyways, it's working! :D

Also, I did the test and put just a single bin of coke on the same floor as my previous smelter, and right after the bin was dropped, it suddenly gained access to all the smelting options for the ores I had. So it seems like it's maybe only fuel that isn't properly detected across Z levels?

Any burrows set up? Those can get in the way ...
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: March 05, 2012, 02:14:38 pm »

EDIT: Ahhh, ok... I tried putting my smelter on the same Z level as my coke/fule/minerals, and now it's working. Is it maybe a bug in the core game then?

Very odd. That would suggest your smelter didn't have access to the coke/flux/ore. Glad you got it working though.

I do have a bit of an odd setup. My workshop areas are 11X11, and I put an equivalent 11X11 underneath it, and there are 4 stair cases leading to it. Maybe it's because it was nearly on top of it maybe? Anyways, it's working! :D

Also, I did the test and put just a single bin of coke on the same floor as my previous smelter, and right after the bin was dropped, it suddenly gained access to all the smelting options for the ores I had. So it seems like it's maybe only fuel that isn't properly detected across Z levels?

Any burrows set up? Those can get in the way ...

I've had similar problems with MasterWork buildings - if the materials aren't on the same z-level, the workshop won't allow the order to be given directly. BUT - if I do it through the manager, it works fine.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: March 05, 2012, 02:47:54 pm »

strange, I am sure my gem workshop has no problem with cut gems above it, and my smelter shows everything he can possibly do with no ore or fuel on the same level. It's a magma one though.

I have a little problem, now that I got my starting forge running out of magma (copper tool for everyone), the dwarven caravan didn't show up after the first year, the human and drows never showed up after 6 years and massive wealth.
The drows, I am not sure they are still alive, because they didn't show up at embark, but both human and dwarven civilisations were present and at peace.
I can't make some of the special magma buildings because they require blueprints (from dwarves and humans).
Is there any way to force them to come and/or to cheat to be able to build it if they never come?

It's the first time a fortress of mine come that far with this mod, so I would like to explore all the high end stuff while I am at it.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: March 05, 2012, 03:09:26 pm »

On a somewhat relevant note slay's post above:
It's always a good idea to check the legends after genning a world to make sure certain civilisations are still alive, especially in Masterwork where the added races make the situation a lot more volatile.
I would very highly recommend the Legends Viewer for this, in particular because of the feature which allows you to view all existing civilisations overlayed on the world map, and their respective populations. Perhaps Meph could bundle it with the mod, but in any case I find it absolutely invaluable when genning new worlds to play in.

(Unrelated) Edit: Meph, couldn't find anything in the changelogs, but just in case - do you know if there have been any changes to dwarf castes since 1.4 (including in the newest unreleased version)? Specifically in regards to skill rates. Just working to get an info chart on castes together, thought I'd better check. Want to make sure my info isn't outdated  :)

Cheers
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 03:25:31 pm by Flobulon »

Bodyless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: March 05, 2012, 03:30:09 pm »

I didnt check all posts but incase you missed it: the magma furnace produces 150 out of one powder bag.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: March 05, 2012, 03:37:59 pm »

Everything is setup, just testing a lot. (for a change, so you guys wont need to download a bugfix after 2 days :P )

So I guess this evening I will upload the next version. Mostly drow traders not selling slaves is the problem. Rest is done.

Great! Did you figure out hoe to fix the golems?

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: March 05, 2012, 03:47:31 pm »

well, my fort has 95 dwarves (nearly half babies or children...) and the civilisation is said to 205 dwarves, and it seems I have most of the dogs, cows and sheeps, but not the decoys and turrets.

The human civ counts 66 human and nearly the same number between horses and donkeys.

The only thing is they both are located in the far north while I am nearly at the south, but I don't remember this being a possible implication.

I guess I will have to restart a fort, but this one had started so well that it is harsh to abandon it like that.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2048 on: March 05, 2012, 04:09:44 pm »

If anyone can figure out why the civs die that easily I could tweak it. IF it's just the fact that they lose wars against Giants/Automatons then it's fixable.

@flobulon: The castes did change, since I had to tweak the pop-ratio to avoid necros/healer turning up. I can sent you the new file in a PM, or you wait a few hours
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: March 05, 2012, 04:13:25 pm »

I'm happy to wait, if it's the only the pop ratios then I'll work with what I've got right now. Thanks!

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: March 05, 2012, 04:15:28 pm »

ETA on the update/new version? (I have accidentially the circus and I need a new fort, eh...)
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: March 05, 2012, 04:36:43 pm »

The value of the rock tip bolts is too high. A single stack of 50 is worth 500 or so. It can easily get much more.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: March 05, 2012, 04:43:31 pm »

Meph, on the topic of savants - is the [SLOW_LEARNER] overridden by SKILL_LEARN_RATE tokens? I can't figure out whether stone savants for example have a higher than average learning rate for masonry etc. because of [SKILL_LEARN_RATE:STONECRAFT:150] or if the [SLOW_LEARNER] halves this to 75, i.e less than average.
Cheers

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: March 05, 2012, 04:49:07 pm »

If anyone can figure out why the civs die that easily I could tweak it. IF it's just the fact that they lose wars against Giants/Automatons then it's fixable.

I don't have proof, but it's a possibility that the huge number of monsters and forgotten beasts that you added may be too much for them. Or it's just that there are too many of them for a small world: since the world is much more crowded than in vanilla, they have more encounters with each other, and more of these develop into wars, and more of these wars end with one of them going extinct.

I don't have anything to back me up but common sense (no real testing or special knowledge of game mechanics), so I may be totally wrong about this.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2054 on: March 05, 2012, 04:53:51 pm »

Well, I was hoping more for solid science ;)

The savants have 150% learn rate for the skills I added, and slow learner for the rest. Default is 100% I think, but I dont know if you can find out how slow slow-learner is in detail.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 749