Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1775998 times)

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - for 34.03. Rebalanced.
« Reply #2055 on: March 05, 2012, 05:02:07 pm »

quick update, the dwarves just showed up (at the very same place as an ambush of warlocks, so they flew, but the liaison managed to get to my fort, I can now ask for them...

... Wait, they don't have any blueprint in what I can ask.
Ok, now we'll wait 10 years for the human civilisation to show up I guess.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2056 on: March 05, 2012, 05:11:24 pm »

Good that I anticipated that problem and added a failsafe:
Humans trade blueprints.
If humans are extinct, drow also trade blueprints.
If drow are extinct (really?), you can make them yourself. Yes, you can.

Build a Tech Research Lab and give the blueprint reactions a go :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: March 05, 2012, 05:21:13 pm »

hey Meph, on the topic of worldgen.

the 'rampages' of megabeasts and titans kill off historical figures only, if all the historical figs in a civ die, it is unable to visit you in some cases. may be causing the issue. however on the other hand its quite nice to fight a couple of thunder birds/cyclops/etc every single fort, without depopulating the world.

and on the topic of shells, i do believe the majority of no votes were due to implications that they were unusable for moods, if they can be made useable in the stead of shells i think that could be ok, but it would require some interesting tag edits more than likely.

new version sounds nice, remember to include the various fixes people have posted. (i know, just that i have seen modders forget to do this before. :) )

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2058 on: March 05, 2012, 05:30:45 pm »

Yeah, I dont want to lower the megabeast amount any more. They are fun and should be.

Shell tag to tanned_shell does not work, already tested. Like I said, I removed it, no tanning of shells. Scales and Chitin also works, and a new addition: Drakescales, bronze-grade, you get them from shearing drakes. The reptiles, not the birds ;)

And I did add all the fixes posted by people, that is the sole reason I make everything puplic here ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: March 05, 2012, 05:34:11 pm »

Yeah, I dont want to lower the megabeast amount any more. They are fun and should be.

Shell tag to tanned_shell does not work, already tested. Like I said, I removed it, no tanning of shells. Scales and Chitin also works, and a new addition: Drakescales, bronze-grade, you get them from shearing drakes. The reptiles, not the birds ;)

And I did add all the fixes posted by people, that is the sole reason I make everything puplic here ;)

Technical question - is such shearing lethal to the subject? I think it should be 8)
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: March 05, 2012, 05:40:03 pm »

Out of curiosity, and since I'm not about to scan so many pages of posts: What's up with this subject of shell-tanning? That concept confuses the hell out of me.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Thoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: March 05, 2012, 05:56:15 pm »

Hey Meph,
How about Archae or a variant, http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/archae-, well it'd have my vote anyway since the meaning is ancient / beginning.
Did you see my one line improvement on the batch file for the manual?
Oh and 1 other thing i noticed common skin is listed under cheeses on the trade screen.
"Do not offend the chair leg of Truth. It is wise and terrible" - (Urist) Spider Jerusalem

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2062 on: March 05, 2012, 06:04:23 pm »

common skin cheese is from mod 1.3 as far as I now. is long fixed.

Shell tanning would be the same as scale and chitin: You take the raw material, and make a item-grade material out of it, for example for quivers, backpacks or armor. But since people want the shell for moods, I did not include it. Otherwise you could wear Shell backpacks ;)

1.5 is done btw. Uploading... very... slowly....

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: March 05, 2012, 06:05:48 pm »

common skin cheese is from mod 1.3 as far as I now. is long fixed.

Shell tanning would be the same as scale and chitin: You take the raw material, and make a item-grade material out of it, for example for quivers, backpacks or armor. But since people want the shell for moods, I did not include it. Otherwise you could wear Shell backpacks ;)

1.5 is done btw. Uploading... very... slowly....

This pleases me..... :o

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: March 05, 2012, 06:11:55 pm »

Armok is pleased! No save game compatibility, I guess?

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: March 05, 2012, 06:15:02 pm »

Armok is pleased! No save game compatibility, I guess?

Unlikely. Meph said earlier that the only way to "update" is delete your current Masterwork folder/files and redownload the new version.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: March 05, 2012, 06:17:58 pm »

Can I still add modded workshops into the game if I'm using this launcher?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2067 on: March 05, 2012, 06:21:16 pm »

Reconnect at 39,9% Trying again...

Not a chance for save compability, not after you see the 12 new options in the GUI ;)

Shearing is NOT lethal, thats the point. You could also just butcher the drake and get the scales, once. Hope no one gets confused with drake (small reptile dragon thingy) and drake (male bird thingy pet) Should be obvious, the prices are slightly different ;)

@nighthawk: Sure you can.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: March 05, 2012, 06:26:06 pm »

What type of internet connection from hell do you have? :)
Perhaps just upload it to a public bittorrent tracker?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2069 on: March 05, 2012, 06:27:03 pm »

>>> NEW DOWNLOAD <<<

List of changes:
 - 12 new GUI options
 - Drow should sell slaves
 - Golems fixed
 - 6 Secret creatures. Turn the SECRET Setting to OFF if you are a new player.
 - Nerfed necros/healer/drow interactions
 - Fixed all reported bugs
 - New reactions for a lot of the vanilla buildings
 - New reactions for blast furnace, crucible and loading stations
 - Zombie bites might turn people into zombies
 - Custom Truetype Font. Toggle Truetype with F12.

Full Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PS: @mglarev: I am in colombia, travelling. hostel wifi.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 749