Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1776207 times)

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - for 34.03. Rebalanced.
« Reply #2070 on: March 05, 2012, 06:44:28 pm »

Good that I anticipated that problem and added a failsafe:
Humans trade blueprints.
If humans are extinct, drow also trade blueprints.
If drow are extinct (really?), you can make them yourself. Yes, you can.

Build a Tech Research Lab and give the blueprint reactions a go :)

I think my drows never existed in the first place.
In their stead, there are two elven civilisations, and a couple of invaders also got two spots.

If you know a way to weight a civilisation more than an other, maybe put a little more weight on the "friendly" to make sure they get a spot.
It happened three world in a row that the drows didn't get a spot, so I decided to play anyway.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.5 for 34.04. New: Slaves and Secrets
« Reply #2071 on: March 05, 2012, 06:52:47 pm »

Im supposing that shearing drakes is done by taking the scales that only provide additional armor, not protect raw flesh, at least that's how its done in several of the book series on the uber-nerd section of my bookcase.
must armor military in drakescale armor. just because.
and have dragons for war animals.

off topic: yes my bookcase seriously is organized by nerdiness. don't ask.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: March 05, 2012, 07:06:34 pm »

meph - this is fantastic, but now i'm faced with a dilemma!! do i abandon my finally-finding-its-feet 1.4.1 fort and start over with 1.5 or not??? =D absolutely all the best and thank you again -
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: March 05, 2012, 07:15:22 pm »

@sayke, id say keep playing in 1.4.1 but maybe try a bit harder to fight sieges  ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2074 on: March 05, 2012, 07:40:08 pm »

Dont know about the civs. I think it goes through the list once, then start again from the top. And kobolds/cave civs dont count (?) 30 civs should be enough for all though, even with all the FD races.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: March 05, 2012, 07:57:43 pm »

Um I don't seem to have humans spawning even with them enabled.... The pre-genned gaia biome doesn't have them and several 5 year quick worlds with max civilizations don't have them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2076 on: March 05, 2012, 08:00:44 pm »

I knew that something would go wrong. Check the entity_human.txt, there is a line on top saying:
YESHUMANRACE[OBJECT:HUMAN]   should be:YESHUMANRACE[OBJECT:ENTITY]
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: March 05, 2012, 08:04:21 pm »

I knew that something would go wrong. Check the entity_human.txt, there is a line on top saying:
YESHUMANRACE[OBJECT:HUMAN]   should be:YESHUMANRACE[OBJECT:ENTITY]

Ah easy fix, it worked fine. Thanks

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: March 05, 2012, 08:06:15 pm »

Something always goes wrong with coding ;p It's expected.

meph - this is fantastic, but now i'm faced with a dilemma!! do i abandon my finally-finding-its-feet 1.4.1 fort and start over with 1.5 or not??? =D absolutely all the best and thank you again -

You can always just download the new version and put it in a completely different folder if you don't want to abandon your old fort yet. That's usually what I do.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2079 on: March 05, 2012, 08:13:17 pm »

>>>>>>IMPORTANT<<<<<<<

For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
 - Go to raw/objects/entity_human.txt
 - Find the line: YESHUMANRACE[OBJECT:HUMAN] (second from the top)
 - Replace if with: YESHUMANRACE[OBJECT:ENTITY]
 - Gen a new world.

Sorry for that mixup, I had to seperate the entities to make them optional in my GUI.

For everyone else: I uploaded a new version. Fixed the human race, and renamed drakes (male ducks) to ducks.

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: March 05, 2012, 08:25:23 pm »

>>>>>>IMPORTANT<<<<<<<

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: March 05, 2012, 08:37:50 pm »

For the new poll I chose that I turn off frost giants and automatons and add FD races (very few of them), but also turn off maybe 25% of the mod like the harder ______, leave weaker traps on since I like that. (but also add options turned off by default like more trees, plants, animals etc...).

Typo in the GUI under misc features on milling: "Adds several different reactions to the wuern ..." Supposed to be quern.

------

Idea for a more accurate way to see what people leave on and off. If possible make a GUI function that reads what is on and off and allows users to export all of the settings into a easy to read text file which they can copy paste in this thread or if it's possible to automatically upload it somewhere that you can access. Or create a quiz on a website that's basically identical to the gui where people can select "on" or "off" as the quiz answers and submit it (maybe I can do this if you want?)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 08:43:31 pm by Seraphyx »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2082 on: March 05, 2012, 08:51:29 pm »

That would be an insane amount of work for something I dont really need. ;) Was just curious, and these polls here have 100+ replies in one day.

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: March 05, 2012, 08:56:30 pm »

That would be an insane amount of work for something I dont really need. ;) Was just curious, and these polls here have 100+ replies in one day.

Wish the poll had three selections.  I turn about half off, disable automatons (leave frost giants disable warlocks) and turn on numerous FD races.  Kinda mixes subject matters in the poll.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: March 05, 2012, 09:01:22 pm »

>>>>>>IMPORTANT<<<<<<<

Can't help but sig this one, it's just great.

Just managed to make my fort fall down thanks to the good old "kill that liaison" spiral.
Now, let's sleep a little and try the new version tomorrow.

The new additions and fix sounds great, but it is 3AM here, so should try to sleep some hours every nights.

Edit for the poll: I disable mining, smithing and smelting, sometimes also guns. I also removes the creepers, having too much to worry in minecraft with them, don't want to ever see them elsewhere. I also add all FD except for the Furies, as I am not good enough to protect the sky when I already have troubles with land.
I used to add plants and food, but it became harder to make specific stockpiles, so I abandoned them, sadly.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:09:44 pm by slay_mithos »
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 749