Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1776232 times)

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.8 - Mac & Linux Update
« Reply #4035 on: May 09, 2012, 08:56:22 am »

All plagues last for rougly 1 season, than slowly subside... you can battle them however, using the apothecarius.
   - Hulk, 5% go berserk, rest gets stronger/faster.
   - Death, 10% die, rest feels sickly.
   - Vomiting, 100% get sick, vomit.
   - Sleep, 100% get tired, will fall asleep randomly.

you got sleep plague i guess. should be over after 1 season.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.8 - Mac & Linux Update
« Reply #4036 on: May 09, 2012, 09:19:50 am »

More or less after a season... if you have one dwarf who gets affected late, he will be the last plague-bearer. Dwarves are immune to the plague a short time after they are cured (for about 10 days) but if you have a sick dwarf stacked away somewhere he might start a new epidemic. You need a little bit a quarantine to kill the virus. OR just use the wards, they immunize dwarves for long enough, 2 seasons.

No Adamantine? What gives?
Seems that I moved the raw_adamantine to the adv. metal, because, doe, candy is a rather advanced metal. Didnt really think too much it seems, since it gets removed when you disable the adv. metals then. Ups. Is fixed. :)

- Better Gemworkshop: All weapons made from gem
 - Better Furniture Workshop: More sets, beds made from custom materials
 - Better Storage Unit: 22 new tradegoods.
 - Better Altar of Armok: 5 new offerings, two old ones overhauled.
 - Better Javelin Caster: Now Ammo Caster with 6 new types, bolts and arrows
 - Better Craftsdwarf: Specific crafts, toys and instrument orderable, for mandates
 - Better Stonecutter & new Rockforge: More Stone stuff, all weapons can be made, minor armor as well
 - New Boneyard: Ironbone & Bloodsteel, bone furniture and crafts, flux from bonemeal
 - New Machine Factory: Build your own landmines and turrets
 - New Creature Spawning: Set up gargoyles, sow treant and spitting orchid seeds, deploy landmines, turrets or the guardian of armok.
 - New Chemist: Create blackpowder and acids for landmine and turret fillings.
 - New Giant/Animal Man On/Off-Buttons in GUI
 - New 7 new savant castes, now all skills covered
 - Overhauled Magic System. All new. See Building Guides for more info.

Notes:
 - Illithids "might" still cause worldgen crashes. Because of this I did disable them by default, and enabled Warlocks  back in.
 - Manual not updated, but all building guides are up to date and should answer most things, since almost all changes are Building-related.

Pics:
Here some of the new building guides, they show the overhaul more clearly then the changelog. I know that some people will disagree with the size of the magic buildings, but I wanted to give them more flavor and for that I needed more space. The big amount of building materials I chose to make them somewhat late-game. For one building you need a lot of smelting and smithing (dwarven magic), for the other natural items and the philosophers stone (alchemy, nature magic) and for the last one you need tons of bones and blood (dark magic) so for this option you have to kill and butcher plenty of creatures. I hope it all works out rather balanced, because you dont need Adamantine anymore, but can build and produce mages with "normal" materials now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And the three magic buildings, I know they will cause a discussion :)

Special Thanks
 - Zenerbufen for his Mac and Linux Support and the general feedback here in the thread that identified the Illithids as source of the worldgen crashes.

I am in an internetcafe right now, just wanted to upload this before I leave. Someone here owes me a lot of coffee, because I worked on this all night and will now cycle all day. Hehe, I am the worse then deon now :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph, you're pure unadulterated awesome....but this all kinda sucks cause now my videogame OCD is kicking in....I'd just found my perfect embark on the last update, now I gotta start all over again XD

Draevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph, you're pure unadulterated awesome....but this all kinda sucks cause now my videogame OCD is kicking in....I'd just found my perfect embark on the last update, now I gotta start all over again XD
Me too, but that's the FUN of Dwarf Fortress!

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

Thanks Meph, Shiny!

Have a great ride.  Also, thanks for the extra Savants, Now maybe I can train some of those animals.

Borshch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello everyone here,I`m new to this mod,but I was playing DF long before.I think this mod is awesome but after switching to this FUN have visited me very often.What I have to do?
And I`ve got a problem with kennel(I can`t train animals) so I used only 4 war dogs.Where I can find a Guild Hall?I think it`ll help my Swordsdwarves learn a little faster and they will not waste swords of armok)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:41:45 pm by Borshch »

Draevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Every single one of my 50+ dwarves has a fever. I made an Apothecarius and made a feverish rage ward. I hope that's the right one...

How do I use the ward?

Edit: Several dwarves just suffocated O_O. This is awesome. I still have no idea which plague it is though. Anyone know?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:53:14 pm by Draevos »

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Genned a world with Illithids and a 100 year history, did not fiddle with any of the options, had one crash and then a success, so I think you managed to get a handle on some of the errors at least Meph, now to experiment.

Edit: I embarked and my message was to delve secure lodgings ere "the killer rabbits get hungry"... ominous.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 03:12:49 pm by Panopticon »

Remadan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

This mod really need "Simple flavor" button, eliminating different kind of armors/toys for each civ + additional mood items. Usually they have same stats and only making lists bigger. Sadly but sometimes (round/kite shields for example) they have different stats and there is no way to know it without looking up raws.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello everyone here,I`m new to this mod,but I was playing DF long before.I think this mod is awesome but after switching to this FUN have visited me very often.What I have to do?
And I`ve got a problem with kennel(I can`t train animals) so I used only 4 war dogs.Where I can find a Guild Hall?I think it`ll help my Swordsdwarves learn a little faster and they will not waste swords of armok)

Patch 1.7:
- removed guildhall and guildhall button

Also, animal training was changed in latest version of DF:
Before 0.34.06, the taming and training of large animals, such as dogs, was also done at a kennel, but now these tasks are performed at an animal training zone.
Now kennels are used just for small (vermin) animals?

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:46:56 pm by zenerbufen »

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still use 1.7.2 for my community fort, and there's a weird thing: the dwarf diplomat doesn't say anything, and doesn't leave. No greetings from the mountainhomes, no trade request, no option to order things from him, nothing. The mayor has his own office, and he's in 'conduct meeting' mode ever since the first diplomat arrived. That was more than a year ago. Since then, another autumn caravan came in, and another diplomat came with them. This one stays with the mayor as well. The mayor is in the militia, so sometimes he goes off to kick some undead ass, and the diplomat tolerates this as well. Follows him into battle and all. Doesn't fight or anything, but he just hangs around, while dwarves are dying and limbs are flying all over the place. Doesn't 'leave unhappy' or anything. He seems kind of stuck with me, and now the new diplomat shows signs of doing the same: the new caravan already left, and he still didn't say anything.

This is a huge setback for me, since I can not order anything for trade - might be a vanilla issue, might have been fixed since 1.7.2, or it's very possible that it's not even a bug, only I did something wrong. Still, some reply would be much appreciated.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Draevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone know how to actually use the wards you make? I've made several but the plague has continued for years and killed dozens. Almost exclusively children, too, which is interesting. Up to about 50 coffins now... And thank Armok I had enough coffins when the necromancer came. 50 zombie children/babies *shivers*
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 06:42:56 pm by Draevos »

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile

I remember playing in the arena with the mountain king...it killed 140 enemies, all nameless ones or Angels of Vengeance...I can vouch for its immortality...long live the mountain king.

Also, time to make a fort for the specific use of Shadowmancy

Ah yes, forgot to say Good job with the update as well!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 07:54:17 pm by empfan »

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wow you're good meph, although i was just settling in trying to make an obsidian cast dragon that breathed magma over top my fort's entrance

it would be helpful if you could add the ironbone/bloodsteel to the metal guide
maybe a guide for the races that have a bonus for fighting

now to add landmines to the entrance of my fort! although it's probably cheaper to buy them from the caravans... cost of convenience?
the philosophers stone looks painful to make, hoping i can buy them off the caravan :P

damn there is a lot in this mod... i'm not sure if i could get around to using it all.. now to suggest more on the suggestion thread :D
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

this is great! but there's just one big problem...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 749