Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1788182 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2 - New version is there.
« Reply #7665 on: December 22, 2012, 03:39:21 pm »

Ah, you meant an entire world, not a world gen setting... I think people would love the settings more, because the filesize is smaller and they have no idea with what kind of Masterwork-Mod Settings you created this world ;)

@all: My current changelog reads like this:

Fully removed slademantina and slade_metal from the raws. (was showing up in forge screen)
Fixed sawmill reactions. (were in Timberyard, moved to sawmill)
Added buildmats to sawmill.
Changed "stone storage set" to use inorganic blocks only, to avoid wood be used.
Removed tanker carts
Filling magma, water and spawning it is done with bottles now. Just use ANY flask.
Wrong "bifrost" and "bloody" should no longer show up in the forge
Added mithril from silver reaction to crucible. That one went missing...
Added more economic reactions for ballista bolts to ammo caster.
Fixed "anvil" tile for bitterroot and shadowleaf.
Replaced all boulders in buildmats with blocks.
Added balancing for mithril, welded mithril, meteoric and volcanic metals from Alpha.
Mithril is now as strong as steel, but very light
Welded mithril is 20% stronger then steel.
Meteoric is 20% weaker then steel.
Volcanic is 100% stronger then steel.

Anything to add ? Any other inbalanced or bugs I should be aware of?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7666 on: December 22, 2012, 03:50:38 pm »

I don't remember if the transformed dwarves never wake up bug was fixed in 1.9.5 or alpha.
You might want to double check that it is fixed in the new version since that was a pretty bad bug.
The fix is here if you are looking for it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 03:53:20 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7667 on: December 22, 2012, 04:08:44 pm »

So eh... um... a piece of yak wool came to life in my fort and started to roam around it was easy to kill but what?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7668 on: December 22, 2012, 04:12:10 pm »

Good memory, but it was indeed fixed in 1.9.5.

I also just made a testrun with the changes I posted. All works, and I managed to coat a weapon with poison, so that works as well.

Unfortunately miamibryce was right, wooden planks can be substitutes for any "blocks", even if it says worthless_stone_only. This means I have to go through all reactions with blocks and add a little line behind it, saying inorganics only ;)

@firons: Yeah? What do you want to say with that? Animal parts coming to life pretty much always happens in evil biomes, or when warlocks attack, or when you have a necromancer spy, or when you have a necromancer of yourself, or use the bonerattle, or curses or whatever... ;)

EDIT:
All block related reactions now only accept inorganic blocks, not the wooden planks. :)

I also have an idea about the add_spatter reaction. Yes, I can take an extract and coat a weapon with a poison... but why stop there ? Why not make custom materials, fire, hellfire, ice, frostspell, hex, curse of slow painful death, rune of torment and so forth...

Then make magic buildings, or use the current magic system, or make something like a... runesmith. He takes normal weapons, and adds syndromes to them, "the weapon is coated with ancient dwarven runes" and it suddenly has special effects :)

I know I am limited to syndromes... but syndromes can add "can_do_interaction" so the possibilies are endless. I can make a sword that lets the enemy explode on a hit, or implode, or turn undead, or turn into a sheep, or fall sleep, or tranform into the hulk... or transform into the hulk, then explode and only leave specific item upon death. transform into instantly-dying creature with a custom itemcorpse, lets say a statue. That would make it a sword-of-turning-the-enemy-into-a-statue.

Damn...

This is so much better then the old system ^^
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 04:31:55 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7669 on: December 22, 2012, 04:24:27 pm »

Now its woolen head came to life and its superior to the body in dodging and armor power somehow

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7670 on: December 22, 2012, 04:26:30 pm »

@arclance: Once I uploaded the bugfix I write you a PM. Then you could do the linux version, and zen can focus on a mac version. Thanks for the offer :)
Okay if there is anything compiled like non-Lua dfhack addons and the author has not supplied you with Linux versions I would need to get in touch with them so I can get one from them or make it myself.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7671 on: December 22, 2012, 04:31:25 pm »

Where do you currently stand on the Leather industry?  Are you going to go forward with the 3 parallel material types (hide, chittin, scale) that each get improved uniquely, or keep the practice where they all count as leather and they get improved in the same fashion?  In my last alpha fort, I liked improving scale for armor for the marksdwarves, and using leather unimproved for backpacks, quivers, and padded under-armors.

I assumed strength-wise Scale > Chittin > Hide regardless if it was used for padded armor or actual armor.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7672 on: December 22, 2012, 04:36:38 pm »

In the alpha the three scale/chitin/leather were actually eactly even. No difference, but where it comes from. The current system is still the one from 1.9.5. For me personally not a high priotity atm. I did however add the dragonscale from megabeasts.

@arclance: there are these 5 plugins from falconne. These ones
  construction helper, pasture and mouse query, extended workflow, extended search
If they dont work on linux, then linux-users will simply have to do without them.

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7673 on: December 22, 2012, 04:53:56 pm »

Hey Meph gonna try out all the new reactions with the new version. And was wondering what is the easy way to activate the fast item reactions? or do i have to make [PERMIT_REACTION_____] for all of them? and same with the buildings?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7674 on: December 22, 2012, 05:03:35 pm »

go to entity_default, search for "cheat", and add the brackets back around it. enable cheat2, gen a new world, then look at the still ingame. But it wont give you everything, only some base materials to build the buildings. you cant test all reactions with those. that would be a lot more items... ^^

EDIT: looked it up, you want "cheat", not "cheat2" ^^
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 05:24:39 pm by Meph »

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7675 on: December 22, 2012, 05:23:58 pm »

In the alpha the three scale/chitin/leather were actually eactly even. No difference, but where it comes from. The current system is still the one from 1.9.5. For me personally not a high priotity atm. I did however add the dragonscale from megabeasts.

@arclance: there are these 5 plugins from falconne. These ones
  construction helper, pasture and mouse query, extended workflow, extended search
If they dont work on linux, then linux-users will simply have to do without them.
There is no Linux version I can find for them, I will PM him about making one.
As far as I know dfusion only works on windows so that would be out as well.

I don't know what customizations you have made to DwarfTherapist but they would need to be added to the Linux version.
It also seems to be quite out of date v18.1 is the latest version, I found v16.2 in the Windows download.
Sigtext

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7676 on: December 22, 2012, 05:28:11 pm »

I made no adjustments to the therapist, the custom plugins are only for dfhack, the ones falconne did.

And thanks for the heads up, I didnt even know it is on dffd as well, I checked splinterz links and got it from his website..

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7677 on: December 22, 2012, 05:41:30 pm »

I made no adjustments to the therapist, the custom plugins are only for dfhack, the ones falconne did.

And thanks for the heads up, I didnt even know it is on dffd as well, I checked splinterz links and got it from his website..
Okay good that should make therapist easier to add.
I found the list of therapist releases here, the first post of the therapist thread does not seem to be up to date.
It looks like splinterz idea of a Linux version is to run everything in Wine so I will have to build that as well.
Hopefully the memory layouts for Linux are up to date so it will actually work.
I would consider any therapist I build myself experimental for now due to compatibility problems between Linux distributions.

falconne replied to my PM and said that the plugins should work in Linux, I will let you know how they work after I build them.
Sigtext

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7678 on: December 22, 2012, 05:59:56 pm »

thank you meph. Quick question is using Biasam's Tileset possible for your mod? or anything other then the extra tilesets you put in your download? i really dont like phoebus. i enjoy ascii

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7679 on: December 22, 2012, 06:12:12 pm »

Sure, just set it to ascii in the settings and then manually install whatever tileset you want to use. :) If you cycle through the tilesets in the settings after that, they will replace yours, so take care.

But if you enjoy ascii, why not just use the ascii that is included ? ^^

Oh,and I also wrote a reaction for poison covering that uses ANY poison. So even imported stuff from caravans, desert scorpions, giant cave spiders, bees, whatever.
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 749