UPDATE: Masterwork V.2a
- Rebalanced mithril, meteoric and volcanic metals.
- Fixed several bugs, mostly the sawmill and liquid spawning.
- Alphabetized forge screen.
- New archeology system. Greater rewards, more randomness.
- Cheaper ballista ammo in ammo caster.
- Furnaces harder to build, now need iron or steel as build materials.
- Alchemist can now use any poison to coat weapons.
Please do note that Orc Fortress is written for Phoebus. It should still work fine in Ironhand or Ascii, and a report on the matter would be greatly appreciated.Full Changelog V2a
Fully removed slademantina and slade_metal from the raws. (was showing up in forge screen)
Fixed sawmill reactions. (were in Timberyard, moved to sawmill)
Added buildmats to sawmill.
Changed "stone storage set" to use inorganic blocks only, to avoid wood be used.
Filling magma, water and spawning it is done with bottles now. Just use ANY flask.
Magmatanker can now be used to transport magma from any magma-furnace.
Wrong "bifrost" and "bloody" should no longer show up in the forge
Added mithril from silver reaction to crucible. That one went missing...
Added more economic reactions for ballista bolts to ammo caster.
Fixed "anvil" tile for bitterroot and shadowleaf.
Replaced all boulders in buildmats with blocks.
Added balancing for mithril, welded mithril, meteoric and volcanic metals from Alpha.
Mithril is now as strong as steel, but very light
Welded mithril is 20% stronger then steel.
Meteoric is 20% weaker then steel.
Volcanic is 100% stronger then steel.
Fixed wooden planks being used as stone blocks... now cannot be accepted as blocks anymore.
Added coat weapon with poison, should accept any poison/venom you can get from caravans.
Sorted Forge Screen/Materials Alphabetically
Raised buildmats for many furnaces. Now need iron or steel bars/anvils, to slow down developement.
Added Archeologysystem from the Alpha. Archeology is now more random and has greater rewards.
Updated Perfect World Utility
Masterwork Dwarf Fortress V.2
- Bugfixes, Balancing, 34 new GUI Options
- New Designs, Names and Categories for Workshops
- Updated therapist & dfhack, with custom plugins
- Power-generating workshop, the Steam Engine
- Coat weapons and ammo with poison
- Fully playable race: Orcs
- Manually controllable siege engines
- Create water and magma in workshops
- Dynamite-ammo for massive AoE damage
- Specific megabeast rewards and trophies,
slaughter them all.
- More workshops: Sawmill, Finishing Forge, Blast Furnace, Slaughterhouse...
- Overhaul of Alchemy, Chemistry and Transmutation SystemsMajor Changes/Additions:Orc Fortress
- Play as proud taiga orcs.
- Includes sprites, workshops, caste system, magic, new game mechanics...
- Ally yourself with golbins, giants and warlocks...
- Fight against dwarves, elves and humans...GUI
- Updated GUI, 34 new options.
- Bigger control over which buildings you enable/disable.
- Switch from dwarves to orcs.dfhack r2
- Fixes hardcoded bugs.
- Allows manual control of siege engines.
- Adds search function to stock screen and pastures.
- Addes more mouse functions, easier contructions and better workflow plugin
- Custom: construction helper, pasture and mouse query, extended workflow, extended search- Note: Takes slightly longer on startup and closing, at least on my netbook.Slaughterhouse
- Each megabeast leaves a unique corpse.
- Butcher the megabeast in the slaughterhouse for your rewards
- 1. a trophy to put in your display cases, or use as tradegood
- 2. a skill aether that turns one skill into legendary immediatly
- 3. a unique reward specific to the beast you killed... dragonscale armor, manticore poison and more...Steam Engine & Magma Steam Engine
- A workshop that creates power.
- Connect the axles/gears at the top left or right corner.
- Needs to be build above a "downstairs" to water.
- Needs fuel or magma for one activation.Sawmill
- Little brother of the timberyard
- Cut your wood logs into 4 wood planks/blocks
- Start contructing your wooden aboveground fortress today!The Return of the Blast Furnace
- Because I was asked so often: Where is it gone?
- Allows mass smelting of ore.
- Allows mass production of fuel.Water/Magma Source
- Tears of Armok can fill Waterbottles at the Alchemist
- Blood of Armok can fill Magmabottles at the Alchemist
- Spawn Water/Magma with these bottles at the Spawn Location
- To release the liquid, deconstruct the Spawn Location
- Use Magmatankers to move magma from any magma furnace
- Empty Magmatanker at any location to release the liquid.Transmutation Cycle
- Transmute 2bars of any metal into 1,5bars of the next best.
- Needs flux to work.
- This enables to obtain every metal type on each map... for a cost.Alchemy and Chemistry
- Coat weapons and ammo with different poisons.
- Create exploding ammo, one good hit will defeat an invasion.No Manual
- Horrible outdated building guides!
- Fumble your own way through a unique experience!- Note: I have neither dreamweaver nor the last version of the html manual with me. So... good luck, I guess...Full Changelog:
Fixed missing Fishpond Bug
Fixed boulder:boulder: line in mithril/cobalt reactions
Fixed crash upon vellum creation
Fixed boneblock material for Church of dark depths
Fixed Skill Container automatic repeat bug.
Fixed spilling drinks in still. Needs large pots instead of barrels now though.
Fixed scrapwood into paper reaction. thanks miamibryce for the hint.
Fixed all workshop/furnace hotkeys
Fixed missing adv mode tools, Added lofns wanderers tools back in.
Rough wood is now simply named wood. (blank names work on plants too, yeah)
Custom Buildings are now sortet into categories
Category titles can be build as buildings as well, writing their names. Cool feature for succession forts.
Removed hotkey.exe and mousefortress, because both are replaced by new dfhack functions.
Added 5 custom plugins by falconne for dfhack
Ornamental bricks renamed to fine bricks to shorten name.
Moved improving ballista bolts from stonecutter (how did that get there) to ammo caster.
Tanning a hide will now always give 2 pieces of leather
Removed slade metal
Slade Turrets now need slade-boulders to be made
Cult of the Carp god now twice as rare
Temple of Armok no longer needs magma to be build
Removed illithid brain reaction, because there are lillithids no more.
Moved Frostbrand, legendary sword to bifrost forge.
Display Case is now Display Stand and no longer needs glass box.
Raised chance for Guardian of Armok in temple from 10% to 50%
Removed all wards, previously used to fight plagues/diseases
Lowered chance that a fortress is afflicted with a disease by 50% for now
Made bloodsteel slightly harder to produce, needs 1 ironbone bar now
Simplified Gun and Ammo making a lot
Merged Gunsmiths Forge and Ammunition Mint
Raised Bullets made from 25 to 50, to counterbalance the higher shooting rate
Deleted hauler and berserker caste.
Reduced the types of tradeable golems. Now only: Golem Prototype Sword/Hammer/Spear made of Brass. This way less migrants arrive with free golems.
You can now extract metals from base minerals in the crucible
You can refine rusty iron and rusty steel in the crucible
You can extract mithril from silver (4 silver bars = 1 mithril bar)
You can smelt bronze and steel more efficiently in the Crucible (more outcome then smelter)
Volcanic Metal now needs mithril instead of silver to be made. (obsidian, slade, steel, mithril)
Removed philosphers stone for now, so fountain of youth can be build without it.
Removed old alchemy and chemistry system.(one of them is responsible for magma in caravans, so screw them)
Potted plants and trees now need pots instead of buckets to be build.
Added a chemistry system based on glycerol, nitroglycerin and dynamite.
Added an alchemy system based on the special gems you can find. You can create MAGMA with this.
Added blood of armok gem. Similar to the tear of armok. Can be used to create liquid magma in the alchemist
Added Steam Engine and Magma Steam Engine, slaughterhouse, blast furnace, magma blast furnace, finishing forge,
Added Piston to trapcomps, needed for steam engine
Added Decorational Buildings: dwarven loo, potted tree, patch of grass
New design for apothecarius, Shrine/Altar/Temple, Furniture Workshop
New design for Alchemist, Chemist, Creature Armory, Crematorium, Metallurgist
Creatury Armory renamed to Warbeast Kennels
Tech Research Lab renamed to Scientists Resarch Study
Creature Research Lab renamed to Creature Study
Added sawmill building. Little brother of the timberyard, can cut logs into 4 planks (blocks). Goes with the "refine 1 into 4" theme of the game, and the wooden blocks can be used for contructions.
Added new system for Transmutation. It is now a cycle, and each metal can be created on each map.
Added Slaughterhouse system. Megabeasts now leave corpses instead of skill aether.
Megabeast corpses can be butchered in the slaugherhouse for 3 things:
1 Skill aether, 1 trophy (decoration or tradegood) and 1 special reward specific to the killed beast.
Added bitteroot and shadowleaf poison, directly taken from Genesis. This is a testrun. I will wait for feedback upon the "coat weapon/ammo" mechanic and see where I take it from there.
Special thanks to:
- Deon, because I blatantly stole the bitterroot/shadowleaf poisons for testing purposes.
- Falconne, for his dfhack plugins. Seriously, check them out.
- My brain, for keeping me awake till this was finished.
- You guys, for showing the patience. First update in 3 months, yeah. *dead.
- This entire thing is pretty much untested. I run 2 very short test forts, checked the errorlogs, did debugging on the GUI, but havent run every single reaction one by one. I do hope that I killed more bugs then I created, and wish everyone happy bug-hunting
I do know of one cosmetic bug in the GUI: If you enable orcs, close the gui and reopen it, the logo will still show a dwarf. The button will correctly show that you selected orcs however, so this is a very minor concern.