Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1772245 times)

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2 - New version is there.
« Reply #7680 on: December 22, 2012, 06:30:57 pm »

because i kind of screwed up my ascii i put biasmas into the art folder in masterwork ascii folder.  so the grass is all green and weird looking i think it makes it the jolly tileset. so i dont know what folder to put it into. as the data art folder has like 6 tilesets.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7681 on: December 22, 2012, 07:04:21 pm »

Hi I'm loving your mod because it finally makes the game playable for me after hitting 150 dwarves or so.  I'm having a little trouble though.  I try to use Phoebus' tileset and some things seem strange.  The marble is just a plain white square and some stone like shisct and a few others are just plain block colors like light tan or brown.  I found a post a while back saying that it might be left over from you modding earlier I think.  I looked through anything in masterwork I could find relating to Phoebus' and all the art looks like what we see using Lazy Newb Pack with marble showing up correctly.  If this is a know issue how can I go about manually installing or changing how this appears?  I tried installing Phoebus' manual download from the main thread and when I ran the init updater it didn't change anything.  When I ran the save game updater that came with it the game no longer launched saying it couldn't find data/art/mouse.

I guess that's almost a second question.  I know in the LNP when you change tilesets it makes you update your savegames.  I had one world going with Phoebus and the marble and some stone was just plain squares like I described.  I started another game with ironhand to see if the marble color would be different.  When I wanted to change to Phoebus' a lot of things just stuck as ironhand.  Is there a proper way to change tilesets for masterwork?

Sorry for the multiple questions and if it's confusing at all.  I've tried doing searches for the answer in the forum but the thread is getting so long I can't locate anything.

Also I've seen a few people having trouble with world gen crashing before even hitting year 50.  I encountered this with the good biome plains preset.  I changed my tileset to ascii and could generate 500 years without a crash.  Then exited the game and put in ironhand like I said before to test marble color.  Everything worked then.  It just seems after I enter a world and save, I can't change tileset for the life of me.

Thanks for any help.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7682 on: December 22, 2012, 07:13:41 pm »

@moisesjns: How much is in data/art is irrelevant. The data/init is important. Please read up in the wiki about installing tilesets, the init must list your custom tileset name and size. (24x24 or 16x16 or whatever you like to use) I wont explain everything here, the wiki covers it quite well. :)

@kamikazi1231: The slight changes in the inorganics are actually by design. I did that long, long ago. People rarely comment on it, because they are used to it. If you want to change it you have to do this in the raws, not the graphics. You need to change the tile numbers of the inorganic mats.

About updating savegames with different tilesets: impossible while using this mod, because of the Settings.exe I include. Lets say you have Phoebus and disable 50% of the buildings, then switch to Ironhand, enable all buildings, and update the savegame. It would completely break everything, because the changes the Settings.exe makes require a new worldgen.

You could do it manually, but it would be a lot of work. I dont know how to affect the worldgen crashes some people get, I still stand firm to my word and say: I never got one with the mod. Since I cant replicate them, I cant narrow it down.

@Everyone: Checking the Forge Screen I noticed that the thing is a mess... so I cleaned it up :) Here the comparison, left is old, right is the new one, alphabetized. I did group the 3 pewters together, and the welded stuff I put at the bottom. I deleted some artifact-leftovers as well, orichalcum was double since I added orc fortress, and illithid/philosopher shouldnt have been there at all. All fixed :)

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 07:19:00 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7683 on: December 22, 2012, 07:37:08 pm »

build chair does something weird
I get a submenu of
all
leave
move

some sort of list to choose from, choosing escape brings me back to a point where I can place the chair.

Meph:
when I read "digging stop: no", I think that a dwarf continues digging when damp stone is located.
normally I prefer to keep the dwarf NOT digging, but disable the pause.

that is what I was referring to, I don't see how your simple binary option can allow for that, if it indeed doesn't stop digging when damp stone is located

Also
I think farmer's workshop belongs in the farmer construction list?

I'm not sure if this is my modded exe or not, but the phoebus tileset () sometimes dissapear... it could just be my patched binary though.  apparently all text has been fixed for phoebus, but not the ()'s

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7684 on: December 22, 2012, 07:41:58 pm »

@kamikazi1231: The slight changes in the inorganics are actually by design. I did that long, long ago. People rarely comment on it, because they are used to it. If you want to change it you have to do this in the raws, not the graphics. You need to change the tile numbers of the inorganic mats.

About updating savegames with different tilesets: impossible while using this mod, because of the Settings.exe I include. Lets say you have Phoebus and disable 50% of the buildings, then switch to Ironhand, enable all buildings, and update the savegame. It would completely break everything, because the changes the Settings.exe makes require a new worldgen.

You could do it manually, but it would be a lot of work. I dont know how to affect the worldgen crashes some people get, I still stand firm to my word and say: I never got one with the mod. Since I cant replicate them, I cant narrow it down.

Ok thank you for clearing that up.  It seems that when I generated a world with ASCii and then switched to Phoebus without starting a new world most things look correct.  Are you saying there may be some problems because I switched tilesets on that world after generation?  I made sure to have all the options exactly the same so I'm thinking I shouldn't run into anything game breaking.  I guess I'll just have to play and see.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7685 on: December 22, 2012, 08:16:58 pm »

@kamikazi1231:
because I switched tilesets on that world after generation?
Yes. ^^ Let me know how it goes.

@thistleknot: I did build chairs in the succession fort with this version, I didnt get any submenu. This must be from some dfhack script...

And Yes, the simple binary choice button in the GUI does exactly what you want. For the third time: It will get rid of the pause and the camera refocus, but the designation will still be cancelled. I probably should have written a better tooltip for it...

And no, I cant move vanilla workshops, so I cant but the farmers workshop into the custom farming category. Nor any other workshop besides soapmaker and screw press. And I dont even know what I should say to your patched exe and whatever is missing from phoebus.

@ all: Ported the archeology system from the alpha, archeology is vastly improved now, with higher, but completely random rewards. :)

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7686 on: December 22, 2012, 08:49:06 pm »

UPDATE: Masterwork V.2a

- Rebalanced mithril, meteoric and volcanic metals.
- Fixed several bugs, mostly the sawmill and liquid spawning.
- Alphabetized forge screen.
- New archeology system. Greater rewards, more randomness.
- Cheaper ballista ammo in ammo caster.
- Furnaces harder to build, now need iron or steel as build materials.
- Alchemist can now use any poison to coat weapons.

Please do note that Orc Fortress is written for Phoebus. It should still work fine in Ironhand or Ascii, and a report on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Full Changelog V2a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Masterwork Dwarf Fortress V.2

- Bugfixes, Balancing, 34 new GUI Options
- New Designs, Names and Categories for Workshops
- Updated therapist & dfhack, with custom plugins
- Power-generating workshop, the Steam Engine
- Coat weapons and ammo with poison
- Fully playable race: Orcs
- Manually controllable siege engines
- Create water and magma in workshops
- Dynamite-ammo for massive AoE damage
- Specific megabeast rewards and trophies, catch slaughter them all.
- More workshops: Sawmill, Finishing Forge, Blast Furnace, Slaughterhouse...
- Overhaul of Alchemy, Chemistry and Transmutation Systems

Major Changes/Additions:

Orc Fortress
Forumthread: Here
- Play as proud taiga orcs.
- Includes sprites, workshops, caste system, magic, new game mechanics...
- Ally yourself with golbins, giants and warlocks...
- Fight against dwarves, elves and humans...

GUI
- Updated GUI, 34 new options.
- Bigger control over which buildings you enable/disable.
- Switch from dwarves to orcs.

dfhack r2
Forumthread: Here
- Fixes hardcoded bugs.
- Allows manual control of siege engines.
- Adds search function to stock screen and pastures.
- Addes more mouse functions, easier contructions and better workflow plugin
- Custom: construction helper, pasture and mouse query, extended workflow, extended search
- Note: Takes slightly longer on startup and closing, at least on my netbook.

Slaughterhouse
- Each megabeast leaves a unique corpse.
- Butcher the megabeast in the slaughterhouse for your rewards
- 1. a trophy to put in your display cases, or use as tradegood
- 2. a skill aether that turns one skill into legendary immediatly
- 3. a unique reward specific to the beast you killed... dragonscale armor, manticore poison and more...

Steam Engine & Magma Steam Engine
- A workshop that creates power.
- Connect the axles/gears at the top left or right corner.
- Needs to be build above a "downstairs" to water.
- Needs fuel or magma for one activation.

Sawmill
- Little brother of the timberyard
- Cut your wood logs into 4 wood planks/blocks
- Start contructing your wooden aboveground fortress today!

The Return of the Blast Furnace
- Because I was asked so often: Where is it gone?
- Allows mass smelting of ore.
- Allows mass production of fuel.

Water/Magma Source
- Tears of Armok can fill Waterbottles at the Alchemist
- Blood of Armok can fill Magmabottles at the Alchemist
- Spawn Water/Magma with these bottles at the Spawn Location
- To release the liquid, deconstruct the Spawn Location
- Use Magmatankers to move magma from any magma furnace
- Empty Magmatanker at any location to release the liquid.

Transmutation Cycle
- Transmute 2bars of any metal into 1,5bars of the next best.
- Needs flux to work.
- This enables to obtain every metal type on each map... for a cost.

Alchemy and Chemistry
- Coat weapons and ammo with different poisons.
- Create exploding ammo, one good hit will defeat an invasion.

No Manual
- Horrible outdated building guides!
- Fumble your own way through a unique experience!
- Note: I have neither dreamweaver nor the last version of the html manual with me. So... good luck, I guess...

Full Changelog:

Bugfixes

User Friendliness

Balancing

Additions

Special thanks to:
- Deon, because I blatantly stole the bitterroot/shadowleaf poisons for testing purposes.
- Falconne, for his dfhack plugins. Seriously, check them out.
- My brain, for keeping me awake till this was finished.
- You guys, for showing the patience. First update in 3 months, yeah. *dead.

Personal note:
- This entire thing is pretty much untested. I run 2 very short test forts, checked the errorlogs, did debugging on the GUI, but havent run every single reaction one by one. I do hope that I killed more bugs then I created, and wish everyone happy bug-hunting :)
I do know of one cosmetic bug in the GUI: If you enable orcs, close the gui and reopen it, the logo will still show a dwarf. The button will correctly show that you selected orcs however, so this is a very minor concern.

Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2a - Quick update, fixes and archeology. :)
« Reply #7687 on: December 22, 2012, 09:32:12 pm »

God, this is so annoying! No matter in what context i press c in foretress mode i get this screen...
I have tried removing the companions macro and various other macros associated with the letter c but nothing seems to work. This is truly the most annoying thing ever. I have to exit this screen every. fucking. time. I had no idea how much i used the letter c in this game, well, now i know... and i want it back. Can anyone tell me how to disable this please?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7688 on: December 22, 2012, 09:40:26 pm »

Go to \Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts\ and delete companion-order.lua. That should do it.

I wonder why it shows up in fortress mode, it is a plugin for adv. mode to control companions. But I know that I build chairs ingame without it popping up...

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7689 on: December 22, 2012, 10:11:19 pm »

Meph, your productivity is amazing.

fasquardon

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7690 on: December 22, 2012, 10:25:30 pm »

Meph:

I don't know if you working with Splinterz, but his DT he's working on has a v19 that is unreleased, I have a copy, but I'd inquire you beseek him on it, it fixes some MAJOR bugs in the optimizer, primarily with #'s

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7691 on: December 22, 2012, 11:14:53 pm »

Yes, meph is in one of those moods that favors us all.  Great work.

I did get a worldgen crash earlier, but I reran without changing anything and it worked fine a few times after that.  Whatever it is, it's just purely random.  Could be a perfect world conflict, or just a plain vanilla anomally. Not worth futher thought.

My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #7692 on: December 23, 2012, 02:50:05 am »

So Meph, how does this poison coating reaction work? Is it reliable? Does this need to be tested?

Likewise, are these your "special" epxloding arrows?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7693 on: December 23, 2012, 03:19:16 am »

It works through DFHack, and it should work well.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7694 on: December 23, 2012, 08:32:11 am »

@fasquardon & thistleknot & dukea: Thanks :)

@wrex: the coating works every time from what I have seen. Very straightforward. The dynamite ammo is made of a material that melts on body-temp. A dynamite-bolt hits an enemy, and if it gets stuck, he is afflicted with a syndrome. The syndrome actually gives him the same interaction that hellfire-landmines can do, so he explodes quite violently. I havent seen it in fortress mode, but in the arena it works. 

So, poison coated ammo works every time they draw blood, and exploding ammo only works if stuck on the target. Makes sense, because of the countdown till the dynamite goes off. :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 08:35:13 am by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 749