Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1791238 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2a - Quick update, fixes and archeology. :)
« Reply #7740 on: December 25, 2012, 12:56:59 pm »

Sometimes the game is weird... I sort the reaction/buildings, and it works. They are read out in the top to bottom order.

I sort weapons, doesnt work... because it is not read out from the items file, but the entity file that allows the weapons. It is readout from there... BOTTOM TO TOP, backwards.

???
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7741 on: December 25, 2012, 01:01:05 pm »

I can't seem to write tomes. I've got a Scriptorium, a couple jugs with ink, a blank book, and an essay on the topic. What am I missing?
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7742 on: December 25, 2012, 01:49:41 pm »

One more essay.  You need 2 essays in total.

The basic idea is that you need a ton of dwarf-power and raw-mats to set up a big library section. But it will pay off, because reading a book once trains about 10-times more then normal work. Masterpieces 30-times more.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7743 on: December 25, 2012, 02:05:44 pm »

Just experienced something odd.  Confirmed that temperature is on.  Dug into a volcano from the side and just decided to sacrifice a beekeeper.  Lava poured in and I went under siege.  Twenty minutes late I open up the magma tubes(I designed it so I could wall it off after filling my tubes for forges to stop building destroyers from sneaking in).  My beekeeper was completely unharmed.  He had been standing in 7/7 lava for a good 20 minutes and I found him off mining away like nothing happened.  Very strange.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7744 on: December 25, 2012, 02:16:25 pm »

Sorry to say, but I doubt that. Even with temp off, he should have drowned in 7/7 magma. Temperature changes need a restart of the game btw, so if you had temp off, turn temp on and dont restart the game, it is still temp off.

There is a super super low chance that he is a magmamancer, so check his description, in that case he should be immune to magma. Btw, does he have clothes ? because they definetly burn away, regardless of your beekeeper. If he has clothes, temp is definetly OFF.

Speakafreak22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7745 on: December 25, 2012, 02:25:34 pm »

So yesterday I was playing Masterwork (Not the newest update) and my bowmaker made a wooden wand.
What exactly should I do with that? Never heard of it in DF before. Does it need ammo? How is it in battle?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7746 on: December 25, 2012, 02:31:29 pm »

Well... wands are from the old old old magic system. they shoot ammo called "spell" with special effects. The wand is still in the raws, and that was really, really rare. Unfortunately you cant do anything with it, except selling it, storing it in a display case, or using it as a really bad melee weapon. ^^

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7747 on: December 25, 2012, 03:22:19 pm »

Hm, I was just going to write stuff about Infernomancers and them melting stuff, but it turns out they have a "Form" spell in Masterwork so that they are still normal beings normally.

Though it might still be worth setting their temperature down from 13000 Dorf (1666.67 C) to 10900 Dorf (500 C), or something around there.
Because it kind of sucks that the only weapons you can use while being a platinum monster is your fists/legs. Simply because everything else melts. (Lest you find the adamantine sword.)

Because you know, being the greatest legend in weaponcraft, only to find that you're limited to punching stuff to death while they're burning to a crisp is kind of anticlimactic. :P

I think I'll go ahead and look into the vampirism issue, at least by taking a look at whether or not it's just the one world that I tried it in that's bugged.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 03:29:03 pm by Bloax »

oh_no

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7748 on: December 25, 2012, 03:28:16 pm »

They are from Fear the Night if I am not mistaken, so ask Xangi ^^

My own personal fire wizards, the magmamancer in fortress mode doesnt have that problem ;)

I also had a nice idea... with the actual coating I can improve on the dart thrower for traps. Will be fun having a trap that makes tiny holes in people, not really injuring them, but affecting them with syndromes. Especially crazed. :) Goblin runs into trap, goblins goes berserk, attacks goblin army. :)

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7749 on: December 25, 2012, 03:31:59 pm »

I'll probably go ahead and post there, because it's primarily an issue over there.

The berserk-serum darts sound like a good idea though.

I'm also going to wonder how the hell you make graphics for individual creatures, because I can't seem to find them anywhere.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 03:33:44 pm by Bloax »

oh_no

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7750 on: December 25, 2012, 03:56:51 pm »

raw/graphics/graphics_creature_masterwork.txt ? ;)

Yeah, sorry about the infernomancer, but if I fix every issue a foreign mod has dragged in, I would barely do anything else, and when Xangi updates fear the night, then I would have to do it again. Better to fix the source material :)

EDIT: Old poll results are 85% like the new changes, 2 votes for Neutral, and 3 votes for dislike the new changes. Could the neutral/dislike people please give me feedback? I am curious how they would like to make it better/change it.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 05:25:13 pm by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2a - POLL about next big project
« Reply #7751 on: December 25, 2012, 05:36:57 pm »

Slag... a byproduct of smelting ores...

During the Bronze Age of the Mediterranean there were a vast number of differential metallurgical processes in use. A slag by-product of such workings was a colorful, glassy, vitreous material found on the surfaces of slag from ancient copper foundries. It was primarily blue or green and was formerly chipped away and melted down to make glassware products and jewelry. It was also ground into powder to add to glazes for use in ceramics. Some of the earliest such uses for the by-products of slag have been found in ancient Egypt.[1]

Historically, the re-smelting of iron ore slag was common practice, as improved smelting techniques permitted greater iron yields--in some case exceeding that which was originally achieved. During the early 20th century, iron ore slag was also ground to a powder and used to make 'Agate Glass', also known as 'Slag Glass'.[2]

Mh.. its also used to create mineral/slag-wool and cement/concrete...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 05:39:08 pm by Meph »

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7752 on: December 25, 2012, 05:45:31 pm »

Have a lich sprite (I see it's an L in the game.);
(Very representative and unclear, aw yeah.)

Though on the topic of liches, it seems like their offers slowly rot to death.
Or at least that's what it seemed like, because my adventurer that was (un)fortunate to kill one ended up pretty badly rotted after a couple of days that I spent trying to get it to disappear.

Which seems kind of cruel.

oh_no

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7753 on: December 25, 2012, 05:51:30 pm »

You had a lich without sprite ingame ?

Thats weird, because I am currently spawning quite a lot of them, along with their zombie army, and they do have a sprite. CREATURE:LICH...

I can only find LICH and LICHFIEND, nothing else in the raws, and both do have a sprite. Although yours looks better and I would totally use it, if I may :)

Willadie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7754 on: December 25, 2012, 05:54:05 pm »

I have a problem. For whatever reason I am getting creatures, such as nightwings, unicorns etc, that do not belong in the biome I am in. As well, fetherwood is growing everywhere like normal trees. And as previously stated the embark points are not static, as in rather than "1247" (or what ever the default points are) I get say "1802" or "1102" etc.
*Edit: Also this happens on the past 3 versions of masterwork I've played on. (The current one; The Beta GUI fix; and the 1.9)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 05:58:14 pm by Willadie »
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 749