Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1772254 times)

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2a - POLL about next big project
« Reply #7800 on: December 26, 2012, 08:00:07 am »

Slag with Miasma sounds fine to me, metal industry is too easy in my eyes anyways. Make it a chooseable option, then nondwarfy players can turn it of.. :P

And the Pictures are looking awesome!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7801 on: December 26, 2012, 08:44:10 am »

UPDATE: Masterwork V.2b

- Alphabetically sorted reactions in workshops.
 - Fixed steel industry and kobold loot for Ascii/Ironhand users. Sorry, forgot about you guys...   :-\
 - Improved creature spawning, higher success chance.
 - Fixed landmine and turret blackpowder, now takes the new version from the chemist.
 - Slight weapon balancing... added battlepick, training hammer, kicked out scimitar.
 - Standardized thatch/wicker bales.
 - Simplified bayonettes. Now simply use any large dagger.
 - Brewery can distill drinks more efficient, but needs more barrels then the still.
 - Zinc and Brass are back in the game.
 - Third cavern plants changed. Removed firetree/livingtree, added shadethorn, very expensive black wood.

Notes: This update is mostly for the ascii/ironhand users, because I accidently broke the steel industry for them. Again, sorry for this. The sorted workshop reactions do make a massive difference ingame. I dont know if people notice it, without seeing a direct before/after comparison, but it will make using workshops a lot less hassle.

RL: I will fly to Paris this evening, spend a day there, then spend a day getting back to Germany. That means I will probably not show up here the next 2 days. Take your time and test the new version, vote on the poll, and tell me what you think about the slag system in the meantime.

Full Changelog V.2b
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SLAG SYSTEM - THIS IS NOT IN THE GAME YET. I JUST WANT YOUR OPINION

I would like to introduce an optional waste system to make metal refining harder. I want to do this, because I had a fully clad steel dwarf in the succession fort, before the first caravan arrived. This means that the current layout is way too easy.

- Slag and flyash is a realistic byproduct of ore refining.
 - I would also like to use more realistic catalysts in the furnaces.
 - For each metal bar you would create 1-2 slag.
 - Slag can be tossed in a new building, the Slag Pit, to destroy it.
 - Slag could be used to create cement/concrete blocks for constructions.
 - Slag would create miasma if not destroyed in time. (if I can mod this in)
 - Slag would clutter the furnaces, if not destroyed/moved.

The basic idea is to make metalworking areas larger, adding a few slag pits to keep it clean, and using more hauling labor to clean it up. I know that an addition that only adds negative aspects might sound bad at first, but I do like both the realism and the game mechanic of it. Unhappy, slow workers if ignored, happy fast workers if the workarea is cleaned.

TRANSFORMATION ANNCOUNCEMENTS - AGAIN; NOT IN THE MOD YET

I could pause the game and refocus the camera every time a creature is transformed.

It would greatly help people notice when a golem/armored pet/mage transformation has been completed, as well as those special threats I have, when infiltrators transform into lich/spy/werebeast/cult members.

The negative effect would be quite a lot of spam whenever you spawn creatures. If you spawn ONE landmine, you get dwarf => dwarf setting up a landmine => dwarf,  and the bodypart => landmine transformation, so 3 pause/recenter. With the 4 treants it would mean 6 pause/recenter. If I add armies that spawn inside your base, you unfortunately would get one pause/stop for each creature spawned + 2.

Again, I would love to hear feedback on this.

Masterwork V.2a

Masterwork Dwarf Fortress V.2

Special thanks to:
- Deon, because I blatantly stole the bitterroot/shadowleaf poisons for testing purposes.
- Falconne, for his dfhack plugins. Seriously, check them out.
- smakemupagus, for the Orc Fortress Plugin.
- My brain, for keeping me awake till this was finished.
- You guys, for showing the patience. First update in 3 months, yeah. *dead.

Edit: I double-spoilered the V.2 and V.2a, because the post was getting a bit big.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 08:55:29 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LoGIRz728

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7802 on: December 26, 2012, 09:04:32 am »

Hello there. I'm posting to report an Archeology glitch in 2a on ASCII version. There is a reaction called "Identify found fossil" which takes ANY rough gem and has 10 rolls for 13% to get a fossil.
So it takes a gem, profuces fossil and uses that for this reaction again and again or something, resulting in insane amounts of loot.
The reaction code I found in the raws
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:PREPARE_FOSSIL]
[NAME:identify found fossil]
[BUILDING:ARCHEOLOGIST:CUSTOM_F]
[REAGENT:A:1:ROUGH:NONE:INORGANIC:FOSSIL]
[PRODUCT:13:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FOSSIL_1:INORGANIC:BLANK]
[PRODUCT:13:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FOSSIL_2:INORGANIC:BLANK]
[PRODUCT:13:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FOSSIL_3:INORGANIC:BLANK]
[PRODUCT:13:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FOSSIL_4:INORGANIC:BLANK]
[PRODUCT:13:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FOSSIL_5:INORGANIC:BLANK]
[PRODUCT:13:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FOSSIL_6:INORGANIC:BLANK]
[PRODUCT:13:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FOSSIL_7:INORGANIC:BLANK]
[PRODUCT:13:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FOSSIL_8:INORGANIC:BLANK]
[PRODUCT:13:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FOSSIL_9:INORGANIC:BLANK]
[PRODUCT:13:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FOSSIL_10:INORGANIC:BLANK]
[SKILL:CUTGEM]
[AUTOMATIC]
Any help on that?

McClaude

• Bay Watcher
  • South is hotter... always. I hate sweat.
    • View Profile
    • Google+
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2b - UPDATE and POLL
« Reply #7803 on: December 26, 2012, 09:04:45 am »

I personaly love every addition that makes the game harder. SLAG SYSTEM great idea, just let it optional as a difficulty increase.
☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress
LET`S CONTRIBUTE ON THE WIKI!
http://masterworkdf.wikispaces.com/

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7804 on: December 26, 2012, 09:28:15 am »

@LoGIRz728: Well... as is the tried and tested tradition of this mod, whenever I upload a new version, one last thing immediatly pops up. Ascii and Ironhand are missing the new fossil inorganic files, and I have added them now. Currently reuploading the V.2b. I guess about 20 people or so will download atm, so please mind that your ascii/ironhand fossils are missing. If you play Phoebus you have nothing to worry, your version is fine.

If you are one of these people that downloaded V.2b before I made this post, please install this easy fix yourself:

Go to: MasterworkDF 2b\MasterworkDwarfFortress\Ironhand\raw\objects
Go to: MasterworkDF 2b\MasterworkDwarfFortress\Matrix\raw\objects

And replace the content of inorganic_fossil with this:

As a personal note I think I might start testing all tilesets before a release, instead of just one.

Edit2: And before I forget it: LoGIRz728, you deserve an award. Because this is as good as a bugreport can be. You named your mod version, which tileset you use, a description of what happens, and even a fitting part of the raws. Well done. :)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 09:33:29 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LoGIRz728

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7805 on: December 26, 2012, 09:41:41 am »

Thanks for the fast reply, Meph! Better now than after 2 days I guess

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7806 on: December 26, 2012, 09:43:28 am »

Well, I am still here for an hour and have nothing to do... then its off to the airport. At home i'll be busy for quite some time as well, so dont expect any updates soon ;) your report came just in time.

EDIT: Updated the changelog in the first post. Was still on 1.9.3 ^^
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 09:56:08 am by Meph »

vdpk7

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7807 on: December 26, 2012, 10:00:48 am »

Thank you for the update Meph!

btw will a v.2a world parameter genereted with the ironhand setting work with the .2b update?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7808 on: December 26, 2012, 10:07:49 am »

No changes take effect in old saves. You can still play them, but nothing would change. Thats why I rushed this release so much, the missing steel industry would really hurt ascii/ironhand players. It was leftover coarse iron ore, that shouldnt have been there.

But if you want to fix it yourself, you can go to your save folder, open reaction_masterwork.txt, press CTRL+h, then find all BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:IRON and replace with BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:PURE_IRON

That should fix it even in a generated world.

Edit: Oh, and if someone wants to indulge me: Spawn Location + Magmabottle is a powerful building destroyer trap. The magma stays in the building till it is deconstructed, so build some outside, wait for trolls or similar nonsense, and see them raze the building, and engulf in magma. I havent seen it myself in invasion, and would be curious about reports. :)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 10:20:30 am by Meph »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7809 on: December 26, 2012, 12:07:36 pm »

so what is ur steam engine meph? is it a unit? or a building? im curious.

smokebubble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7810 on: December 26, 2012, 01:50:28 pm »

The cult, and other hidden threats are currently optional, and will stay optional. I will make settings for new ones, if I choose to introduce more of those.

That's much appreciated. Though I was thinking it would be whole sieges magically appearing inside but after reading your "Development and Discussion" post on reddit; I see that I was wrong and what you have planned is actually pretty cool.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7811 on: December 26, 2012, 02:06:30 pm »

how can I export craft rock bin into modest mod?

I guess I'd like to also incorporate underground pastures.

Well, unless underground pastures are buildings, those are in vanilla.

Rock bin crafting is just a reaction you can put into the craftsman workshop if you want.

dont i have to add a item_bin somewhere as well?

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7812 on: December 26, 2012, 02:35:56 pm »

so what is ur steam engine meph? is it a unit? or a building? im curious.
Building. It uses DF hack (a 3rd party program) to work.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 02:37:43 pm by Godlysockpuppet »

Nevets_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7813 on: December 26, 2012, 03:08:39 pm »

SLAG SYSTEM - THIS IS NOT IN THE GAME YET. I JUST WANT YOUR OPINION

I would like to introduce an optional waste system to make metal refining harder. I want to do this, because I had a fully clad steel dwarf in the succession fort, before the first caravan arrived. This means that the current layout is way too easy.

- Slag and flyash is a realistic byproduct of ore refining.
 - I would also like to use more realistic catalysts in the furnaces.
 - For each metal bar you would create 1-2 slag.
 - Slag can be tossed in a new building, the Slag Pit, to destroy it.
 - Slag could be used to create cement/concrete blocks for constructions.
 - Slag would create miasma if not destroyed in time. (if I can mod this in)
 - Slag would clutter the furnaces, if not destroyed/moved.

Here's an overly ambitious idea:

- Slag is created as 1 heavy boulder per 1 ore smelted.
- 1 Slag can be ground to 4 cement mix at a millstone.
- 1 cement mix is now required make each stack of 4 bricks.
- That means 1 slag boulder can be used with 4 other boulders to make 16 brick blocks.
- Brick Wall / Floor is a new construction type that can be built very quickly using stone hauling labor, rather than masonry skill.

That way you can quickly build mega-constructions using cheap bricks and any spare haulers you have, rather than needing a group of trained masons.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7814 on: December 26, 2012, 04:16:22 pm »

rather than needing a group of trained masons.

I find trained mason to be a misnomer in my forts. It's usually me going "Go be a damn MASON NOW!" to Lye Makers, heh.

Slag is a good idea to add in. Not sure about the miasma part, though, some of us have alot of furnaces running at once and slag making miasma would be hell for me. Especially since I wouldn't destroy it, ever, I'd use it to make blocks.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 749