Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1791242 times)

ImmortalBrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2b - MANUAL Test Version. 99% done.
« Reply #7935 on: December 31, 2012, 08:20:44 am »

Hello everyone! This is my first post on this forum and english is not my native language but i still decieded to share some bugs i've found:
I'm using the latest V2b with phoebus tileset. The only option i've checked from default ones were Seasonal Autosave - ON, Concubines - ON (^_^), Evil drow/dwarf/humans/elves - ON, increased population cap to 300.

Strange things i've encountered:
1. Magma crucible doesn't seem to work for me. It keeps saying "Cant find ores or fuel, check access" or something like that. Yes, i've done a world-wide burrow.
2. How am i supposed to make poisons? I have over 200 shadowleaf bushes but neither still nor farmer's workshop seem to be able to process/extract em.
3. When building Magma Blast Furnace the game asked me...for 2 leather. I guess it should be 2 anvils =)
4. I cant recall recieving so much "Not enough seeds" spam from my farmers. I had to disable all job cancelation announcements in order to be able to play the game.
5. Another weird spam i am getting is from my dwarves having insomnia. I dont think that this is a bug, but how do i fix it and what will happen if i wont?)
6. I am able to make "#SKILLNAME LEGEND" in creature research study without killing any megabeasts or what so ever.
7. I am still able to order "Ammo Mint Plans" from drow.
Well, this is what i can remember right now.

Ah, i almost forgot, Thank you Meph for making this mod. You've completelly changed my gaming experience =)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 02:24:24 pm by ImmortalBrain »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7936 on: December 31, 2012, 11:26:32 am »

Yet again: THE MANUAL IS FOR THE NEXT VERSION. NOT THE ONE YOU HAVE ATM. So disregard everything you read in there. I posted it, so that people can have a look at the design, tell me whats good or bad, and what type of improvements I could do.

• Waterdragons: I will add amphibic tag, that should fix it.
  • Sick dwarves: Yes, diseases are horrible. Currently you can only find the dwarf by isolating them for 1 month, and seeing who gets cured, and who doesnt. Will be improved in the future.
  • Hellfire Imps & Ancient Campires: First is from Fortress Defense, second one is from Fear the Night. 
  • Timberyard uses wood, because it shouldnt be build to early. Then I added treefarming, so I might chance this... probably no wood as buildmats in future.
  • Rose Gold for Humans, because it is heavy. And the humans theme is muskets, pistols and handcannons. Heavy ammo = good ammo.
  • Dwarves have of course access to everything. Dont know about Deepbronze/Orichalcum yet, both Orc Fortress metals.
  • Rusty Iron and Rusty Steel are 20% weaker then their counterparts.
  • Trapavoids: I will check all the races, and update the manual accordingly.

@Immortalbrain: Very nice report, stating the settings as well :) And dont worry, english isnt my first language either.
  • Magma crucible is known, is fixed for the next version.
  • Shadowleaf should be extracted, like any other plant extract. Will get a custom reaction in the toxicist anyway.
  • Leather in magma blast furnace is for bellows. Alterntive: Add a leather only bellows tool to the game.
  • Not enough seed is your playstyle... if you dont have that much, you dont. ^^ Plants grow slower in the mod.
  • Insomnia is from a disease. See above, isolate the migrant that caused it. Then again, I want to do a lot of work on this in future.
  • Legendary skills for free? What ? I have a testfort, I will have a look.
  • Ammo Mint has been removed, good catch with the blueprints. will be removed as well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 11:57:55 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: December 31, 2012, 12:18:47 pm »

I mentioned the Ancient Vampires melting specifically because they don't in Fear the Night, but in Masterwork they melt like butter in a hot oven.

Though truth to be told, an Ancient Vampire would be the single-most worst thing I could imagine you could get a visit from in this mod. Though I doubt many would protest against the potential !!FUN!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 12:22:22 pm by Bloax »

oh_no

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7938 on: December 31, 2012, 01:49:43 pm »

Not enough seed is your playstyle... if you dont have that much, you dont. ^^ Plants grow slower in the mod.

I think the job cancellation spam is not related to a lack of seeds. I have plenty of seeds and still get that spam. Here's what I think to be the reason:
The "store seed" jobs makes a dwarf pick the seed barrel, then venture far down to the dining hall, pick up the seed, bring it back.
If, while dwarf is hauling seed barrel to grab seed, a planter wants to grow with hauled seeds, the job will get cancelled. As the seed is literally not there - one dwarf ran away with it!

I really don't like the new hauling system at all for various reasons, the job cancellation spam is one of those reasons. I wish toady allowed us to revert to "traditional item stockpiling jobs". It's also way less efficient when it comes to farming. Once a plant is grown, the farmer goes to the plant, marks it for "can be harvested", then he goes back to the stockpile, picks the barrel, runs back to the plant, brings barrel to stockpile. Like this:
Farmer --> plant --> stockpile grab barrel --> plant --> stockpile store barrel
While in the old version, the farmer would go to the plant, pick it up, bring it to the stockpile, like this:
Farmer --> plant --> stockpile store plant

Note: same tragedy with job cancellation spam applies to: brewing, processing plants, milling plants, pressing plants. Could also affect taming of herbivores.
Same goes for, say, smiths who need bars that are currently being hauled all the way to the smelter to grab a single new bar, thus the bars needed by the smith not being available at that time. And so on. Leather. Cloth. Gems. Wicker. All affected by this weird system of dwarves wanting to haul a whole bin full of stuff to store a single item in it, then haul it back.

Depending on the distance between stockpile and farm, this can cause you to lose a _lot_ of time, and almost prohibits the use of "only farmer harvests", as they'll just have too much to do to even think about planting new seeds.

Anyways, I dislike it. I don't think meph can change such things, though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 01:54:02 pm by Molay »
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

ImmortalBrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7939 on: December 31, 2012, 02:22:40 pm »

• Legendary skills for free? What ? I have a testfort, I will have a look.
    Nvm, i've noticed a werescorpion in "dead/missing" section. I dont remember killing it (hence i have 0 military). Probaly he appeared in the middle of the siege and my fellow warlock friends killed him ^_^.
    Didn't know that werebeasts count as megabest though. They are extremelly easy to kill compared to "real" megabeasts.

P.S. !!!FUN!!! Thanks to the blinding cloud i have 90% of my dwarves blind. Is there a way to cure em?[/list]
    « Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 02:24:40 pm by ImmortalBrain »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
      • worldbicyclist
    « Reply #7940 on: December 31, 2012, 03:47:25 pm »

I checked the legendary reactions, they are not bugged. But a werescorpion doesnt give anything for it. So I have no idea whats going on in your fort. Could you send me a save ? Eyes heal in DF, like any other tissue...

And the bin/barrel storage behavior is from df. not the mod. ^^

I did remove low boots btw, and renamed high boots to boots. If almost no one uses them, they serve no purpose in the game.
    ::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
    ::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nevets_

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7941 on: December 31, 2012, 04:12:39 pm »

Thank you.  All the duplication that adds little if anything to gameplay is a big problem in DF.  It would be nice if mittens/gloves/gauntlets could be combined, so handwear would be the same item, but named differently based on material, like bags/chests are now.  Mittens/gloves/gauntlets would be cloth/leather/metal handwear.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7942 on: December 31, 2012, 04:55:33 pm »

Thank you.  All the duplication that adds little if anything to gameplay is a big problem in DF.  It would be nice if mittens/gloves/gauntlets could be combined, so handwear would be the same item, but named differently based on material, like bags/chests are now.  Mittens/gloves/gauntlets would be cloth/leather/metal handwear.

Not sure about that. If they all were combined, I think this means they all would be fit to be worn by civilian hands. Even the mithril ones. So there needs to be a separation between civilian and military at least.

@ImmortalBrain Welcome to my sand desert, friend! No trees, no water. Nothing but sand on the surface (and steeloaks...). Oh how lovely it is to have all my marksdwarves blind and useless. Can't tell you how much I love the blinding cloud! Still about 10 clockwork soldiers standing between my walls (trapped), with fortifications around to shoot them down - but too much sand in the eye to shoot! Weather is really impacting this site's defences... I hope those eyes heal quickly, before I lose the second caravan and third migration wave to those remaining clockwork soldiers outside...
    The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
      • worldbicyclist
    « Reply #7943 on: December 31, 2012, 05:03:00 pm »

Gloves are civilian soft clothing. Mittens can be made of leather and have an armorrating, and gauntlets are made of metal, and can be worn together with mittens... they serve different roles. High and low boots? Not really, especially if no one makes the low version.

Oh, and someone mentioned that 25 bronze abrs for killing a bronze colossus are not really that much... well, you can get colossi of every metal, so killing a bloodsteel colossus will give you 25 bloodsteel bars...
    « Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 05:42:30 pm by Meph »

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7944 on: December 31, 2012, 06:16:54 pm »

What are dynamite bolts counted as for the military ammunition screen? They don't seem to have their own entry in the "add item" list.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
      • worldbicyclist
    « Reply #7945 on: December 31, 2012, 06:50:15 pm »

They are normal bolts, arrows or javlines, same ones you make in the forge. Only the material is different, instead of "metal bolt" you have "dynamite bolt"

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
    • Furry!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7946 on: December 31, 2012, 07:55:31 pm »

gotta say meph . some races use low boots instead of high, though i dont actively recall goblins wearin shoes.. but the less armored orcs are the better... =)

also whats the point of researching blueprints (at a redicliously low rate) if i can just order some from the main civs.

also make sure the glass forge can make buckets.. the furnace cannot. (unless its renamed something like doors - portals and i missed it)
    « Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 07:58:36 pm by Fairin »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
      • worldbicyclist
    « Reply #7947 on: December 31, 2012, 08:24:45 pm »

Rate of research is 15% now... better then the older versions. And it is necessary if you turtle, no caravans come because you suck at warfare and are constantly sieged, or if the civ died at worldgen.

Glassforge makes weapons and armor only atm. Why buckets?

Colosseum works btw, 21 creatures to fight. Some give rewards (the megabeasts, take them to the slaughterhouse) but most are just for fun and games. And training the military of course.

Oh, and I tested plant thread, works... animal hair, works... silk from collected webs, works... silk from custom workshop reaction, does not work. ???
    Edit: Instant-solution: I used product dimension 150, instead of 10000 and 15000 on them. the silk does work, it is just not enough. Lol... you would need to pray 100 times successfully for silk, to produce enough silk for a mood/piece of clothing. Is fixed. :) Damn, this was driving me insane, because I thought same silk template nonsense was broken...
    « Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 08:30:03 pm by Meph »

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
    • Furry!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7948 on: December 31, 2012, 08:33:06 pm »

cause i had this awesome idea for a glass fortress.... glass pots instead of barrels .. buckets blocks walls windows instead of walls (inside) now complete with glass weapons and armor ... for everyone! =(^.-.^)= .. just no buckets - unless the furnace actually makes buckets

buckets for everyone!

wheres the new version at already i cant wait till next year ! ><

(really tho . no rush this fort is taking a beating and still kickin.. had two thunderbirds back to back meet up with my sword golems up front - only dropped platnium essence.. and here i had my slaughter house all primed and ready...)

found another - discription of Batpeople - " he isnt very muscular, his hair is black his Skin is  >> ercu <<  his eyes are black, never heard of ercu color ..
    « Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 09:07:22 pm by Fairin »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
      • worldbicyclist
    « Reply #7949 on: December 31, 2012, 09:33:34 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecru

Beds, bins, barrels, buckets and cages are missing from the glass furnace. I will add those. Glass chains and other unrealistic stuff, no. Gem cage and bone cage will come as well.

Here a little teaser:
    Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 749