Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1788698 times)

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2b - Polls... Polls everywhere
« Reply #7965 on: January 01, 2013, 11:21:49 am »

Meph, I've also noticed a strange thing where prototype golems (brought by migrants) will attack friendlies once they have attacked any enemies. I've seen it happen with three separate golems. 

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7966 on: January 01, 2013, 11:38:24 am »

I just had to learn that sowing treant seeds near a war-Animal-Pen and my butchers corpse stockpile is a very bad idea.

I now have a lot of combat reports from my 3 raptors and and my giant slug killing (friendly) naga bones, head and a whole lot of undead inspiration.

Also i now have 35 Treants in my yard. That is nice, but I am not sure if it was intended to make that many :D

Anyway it was a nice sight ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7967 on: January 01, 2013, 12:12:09 pm »

Prototype golems are prone to rage... i did remove this tag, because simply war-training them should work as well. But I have never seen golems attack a dwarf.

When spawning creatures I need to animate bodyparts briefly, before transforming them into the friendly creature. animated stuff is always hostile... its just for a second or two, but you, if anything is really close nearby, you get this. And I think the interaction tokens are broken, at least in that regard. The interaction uses this:

[IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:SPAWN] and [IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_ANIMATION]

Only creature spawn parts that are fit for animation should be targeted, not any bodyparts that are fit for animation. but the it_affected_creature token doesnt seem to work on dead things. Really stupid. I really dont know how I should limit this.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7968 on: January 01, 2013, 12:15:08 pm »

How many Treants is the reaction actually supposed to spawn?

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7969 on: January 01, 2013, 12:22:43 pm »

Oh, first time I see a vote that doesn't show a big advantage for any answer^^
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7970 on: January 01, 2013, 01:03:31 pm »

5 treants.

And the vote is epic, was perfectly 50/50 for a while. Which means that I will most likely add both options to the settings. It cant be more clear: half of the people want standradized stuff, the other half flavor. This way I can do something for both ;)

Toxicist is done. 6 poisons, and can use bought creature venoms. Can poison weapons, traps and ammo.
- Bitterroot paralyzes shortly
- Shadowleaf slows down
- Greenskin bane hurts only goblins and orcs, adds several syndromes.
- Voodoo adds opposed to life, making creature hostile to everyone.
- Nether Horror turns creature into berserking spider-demon.
- Everdream lets things fall asleep after a while.

Hope nothing is too powerful. Yes, adding a couple of spider-demons into a goblin army, and watch them kill all goblins is fun, but then again you have spider demons on your doorstep. Or you hit a sheep with it, and supddenly: Spider demon. So each has a different application, some should be used in melee, other are better suited for ammo, and others make excellent trap coating. The everdream for example. No one wants to fall asleep on a trap field ;)

- Bitterroot traded from most civs, found on surface.
- Shadowleaf traded from most civs, found in cavern 1.
- Greenskin bane made from 4 normal dwarven plants mixed together.
- Voodoo made from zombie flower, traded/raided from drow.
- Nether Horror made from nether creeper, found in cavern 3.
- Everdream made from insomnium plant, traded/raided from elves.

Edit: Mh... my slag is not cluttering up smelters... weight was 10.000. Some research on the wiki let me to up the weight a bit... 250.000, 25% heavier then slade. Lets see how that goes.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 01:21:23 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kangzx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7971 on: January 01, 2013, 01:49:27 pm »

Here is the fort, I uploaded the whole folder, not sure if needed or not.

its the current V.2b, phobeus tileset
I load the game, find the carpenter workshop, add 10 wooden bins then hit a+n again =>crash ,happens always

With other workshops it happens too, but only some and not always (just try spaming a+n and it happens even if theres no reaction under n hotkey, though again, not in every workshop)

Between starting the game and crashing I didnt touch the alt key at all.

Also it is clean install, downloaded from here, only thing I did was rewrite interface in data/init/ with my keybinds

dead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7972 on: January 01, 2013, 02:12:57 pm »

i haven't played dwarf fortress in a while. great to see that there have been a lot of updates for this mod. i don't know if this has been asked before since i'm late to the party, but why did you use the wow icons for your manual? seems a bit silly considering none of that graphic is in the actual mod or game. you have a lot of custom sprite for the creatures in your mod, why not just use those. as for things that don't have graphic in game, you could just list them in table format. i just think that it's wasteful to go through all that trouble for the wow icon, when in the end, it won't help us recognize any of them in game.

as for suggestions. anyone up for making industry specific chart/guide for masterwork? like the metal industry, with all the new crazy things involved, it would be nice to see a chart of what is needed to make whatever. there are a couple for vanilla df. it would be nice to see something like that in the manual. some times i take break from df and when i come back i forget what i'm suppose to do with these damn dorfs...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7973 on: January 01, 2013, 02:24:59 pm »

@ kangzx: Downloaded, tested, game crashes when I spam "n" button in carpenter. Checked dfhack init, there is only one entry for SHIFT+ALT+N... but thats obviously not whats happening. I tried again with the current mod version I have, cant reproduce it. Since I have no clue what it is, I do suspect dfhack, because nothing else can influence something like this, maybe a workflow plugin (?) but I can only hope that the next update wont have this.

If it does happen to you again with the next version, let me know.

@dead: Icon in manual: Because. People like long texts only, so I add pictures. I can take building designs and screenshots from the game, but weapons and plants would look silly, because they are all the same. I have never played WOW, but it was the only big iconpack I could find that fits the needs. So yeah, I made this just for fun. Adding icons is not a big amount of work, considering the entire manual as a whole.

If anyone wants to make an industry chart for the mod, be my guest. I only have material guides ^^

Edit: It appears bar weight is capped at 1200.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 03:47:28 pm by Meph »

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7974 on: January 01, 2013, 04:35:45 pm »

Could you make it so when a creature first spawns in the arena its immobile/paralysed/momentarily disadvantaged so as not to kill the dwarf releasing it? I'm pretty sure any creature released from prolonged containment would be pretty shocked by its sudden release anyway.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7975 on: January 01, 2013, 04:45:59 pm »

@ kangzx: Downloaded, tested, game crashes when I spam "n" button in carpenter. Checked dfhack init, there is only one entry for SHIFT+ALT+N... but thats obviously not whats happening. I tried again with the current mod version I have, cant reproduce it. Since I have no clue what it is, I do suspect dfhack, because nothing else can influence something like this, maybe a workflow plugin (?) but I can only hope that the next update wont have this.

If it does happen to you again with the next version, let me know.
This could also be a problem with truetype mode interacting with a dfhack plugin.
Could you try turning off truetype mode if you have not already and seeing if the crash goes away?
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7976 on: January 01, 2013, 04:55:37 pm »

@arclance: No, I tried with both, TTF on and off.. dfhack has a new message, "protecting 9 jobs" before it quits. Never seen that before. Like I said, it appears to be some sort of workflow related thing (?)

@godlysockpuppet: there is a delay. Dwarf can move away, but he cant run and leave the arena before the creature starts chasing him. If the creature is paralyzed, you would just get free hits...

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7977 on: January 01, 2013, 05:07:23 pm »

@arclance: No, I tried with both, TTF on and off.. dfhack has a new message, "protecting 9 jobs" before it quits. Never seen that before. Like I said, it appears to be some sort of workflow related thing (?)
Okay I asked because I had to disable TTF for the Linux version because I was getting 100% reproducible crashes with it on.
They happen more often with the new dfhack plugins that change menus like the search plugin.

I will download the save and see if it crashes on Linux as well.
I can run it through gdb to try and see if I can find out why it is crashing.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7978 on: January 01, 2013, 05:14:56 pm »

Just out of curiosity, do you know when you're gonna release the next version? Can't wait to start playing with poisons!
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7979 on: January 01, 2013, 05:23:28 pm »

Okay I asked because I had to disable TTF for the Linux version because I was getting 100% reproducible crashes with it on.
They happen more often with the new dfhack plugins that change menus like the search plugin.

I will download the save and see if it crashes on Linux as well.
I can run it through gdb to try and see if I can find out why it is crashing.
I get the "Protecting 9 jobs." message but it does not crash.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 749