Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1772252 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2b - Polls... Polls everywhere
« Reply #7980 on: January 01, 2013, 05:38:44 pm »

Materwork Dwarf Fortress V.2c

Notes: I turned Special Weather off by default. I turned Runesmith off by default, because the building has no reactions yet. I added transformation pause and recenter. This is optional, but will help in future once I introduce enemies that spawn inside your fortress. I also turned the Slagpit on by default. I want reports on this feature. If you dont like it, just turn it off for now. And please, please pretty please, if you change your tileset: First change the tileset, then your other settings. It will replace some parts, and might confuse the GUI. For example turning slagpit off, then switching to ironhand will remove the slagpit building, but copy the ironhand raws with the slag-producing ore back in. This is what broke the coarse-iron for ironhand/ascii players a while ago. Finally found out why. Just so you know. I also broke the 100 building mark, the 2000 reaction mark, and the 1000 creature mark. But most importantly: Masterwork Dwarf Fortress is one year old today. First playable version was done on the 01.01.12 and first release was two days later. Cant believe it has been one year.
- Applied binary patch. Following bugs should be fixed:
  • Long patrol duty thoughts accumulate from all squad orders, including training.
  • Dwarven caravan brought silver crossbow, ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED ignored in world gen.
  • Vermin can only escape from artifact animal traps.
  • Fish in aquariums interfere with vermin behavior checks.
  • Military dwarves turn off all of their labors when becoming heroes.
  • Diplomats don't bring bodyguards.
  • Deconstructing walls teleport material to location.
  • Weapon Racks do nothing.
  • Marksdwarves won't use training bolts until combat bolts are used up.
  • Hopital Zones do not respect clothing limits.

- New Utilities included:

- Html-Manual included.
  • Links and readmes for all utilities.
  • Lists all inorganic materials, plants and items.
  • Lists all buildings and explanations on how to use them.
  • Lists all known issues.
  • Includes stories and wallpapers.

- New GUI options:
  • Transformation Messages, under Misc Features. Stops the game when a creature transforms.
  • Toxicist, under Workshops.
  • Colosseum, under Workshops.
  • Expedition Outfitter, under Workshops.
  • Glassforge, under Furnaces.
  • Slagpit, under Furnaces.
  • Runsesmith, under Furnaces. Currently OFF, because the building is not used yet.

- New reactions:
  • Added gem slab, hatchcover, grate, coffin and statue. Cages, Weaponrack, Armorstand and Floodgate.
  • Added bone slab, hatchcover, grate, coffin and statue. Cages, Weaponrack, Armorstand and Floodgate.
  • Added brass and zinc batch making to the blast furnace.

- Misc:
  • Transformations now give a more prominent announcement.
  • Ward of Armok and temple can now cure possessed dwarves (necromancers, bloodbeasts, werebeasts).
  • All caste skills show a (*) behind the buffed skills. Now you can identify usefull castes and fitting skills ingame.
  • Chidlbirth, arrival of fog/mist and claiming/starting of work by a moody dwarf no longer pause the game.
  • Fantastic creatures like Sweatman, Gingerbreadman and so on are 10 times rarer.
  • Removed low boots, renamed high boots to boots.
  • Timberyard no longer needs wood to be made.
  • All dwarves that had a disease are immune to it. Each dwarf will only be sick for one month max.
  • Apostle of Armok has a new tile, more fitting for a Priest.
  • Praying now creates prayer. This boils away harmlessly, but increases your dwarves skill (formerly no skill increase from praying).
  • Furnaces and Forges might need some increased building mats. Mostly the blast furnace.

- All civs are reduced to one metal. Except dwarves and taiga-orcs of course.
  • Humans: Rose gold. (and sterling silver for tooly/toys).
  • Elves: Mithril.
  • Drow: Bloodsteel.
  • Warlocks: Ironbone.
  • Goblins: Rusty Iron.
  • Orcs: Rusty Steel.
  • Automatons: Brass.
  • Frost Giants: Wolfram.
  • All cave civs have a mix of rusty iron and rusty steel.
This should make it a lot easier to guess the strength of an army. It also adds a definite refining step to goblinite and orcinite, as well as allow allied races to bring more useful tradegoods.
Full Changelog 2c:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 06:10:20 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2c - Update is there. Happy new year :)
« Reply #7981 on: January 01, 2013, 05:46:49 pm »

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

your link doesn't work

link on the first page does

initeditor reports a non registered problem. probably have to manually download / install for the button to work?

quickfort relies on autohotkey doesnt it?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 05:49:31 pm by Fairin »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7982 on: January 01, 2013, 05:53:32 pm »

Fixed link. Thanks. And check the included readme for everything Quickfort related. ;) Initeditor works here, and on my netbook, so dont know what you are missing. Probably some .NET framework stuff. The init editor is not important anyway, most settings can be done on the first page of the settings exe... or you just open the init yourself ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: January 01, 2013, 06:01:55 pm »

I think you might have listed the manual twice.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7984 on: January 01, 2013, 06:11:00 pm »

Yes I did. You see, the manual is very dear to me. The textbox in the forum gets small if you make such a long post as well ;)

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7985 on: January 01, 2013, 06:35:46 pm »

Meph, sweet Meph, why do you do this to me? I spend two days making an incredible fortress on your last update, and you give me a new one today!

Think of my free time Meph! But seriously, amazing work.

P.S. What will the runesmith eventually do? Make wards? Weave runes like the Weaponsmith? Something new? You know we love enchanted weapons and armor.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 06:37:44 pm by DoX »

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7986 on: January 01, 2013, 06:37:11 pm »

?You mean all of this was done in a year? :o

oh_no

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7987 on: January 01, 2013, 06:51:26 pm »

Thanks for the update and happy first birthday - just started my new fort, will have a look at stuff.

Things i noticed: Standard embark is with battle picks/battle axes - dunno if that is moddable. In addition, picks cost now 36 embark points and not 44 anymore.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7988 on: January 01, 2013, 07:11:57 pm »

@dox: Runesmith will coat weapons, ammo and traps in runes. Every metal will be possible, and every metal will have a different effect. Weaponry and Armory will be changed, although I dont know exactly how yet. Otherwise the Runesmith would have been in this version already.

@bloax: 9 months. I took a 3 month break from modding. ;) And the update was done in 5 days.

@riun: picks are cheaper, because picks are weaker. I cant mod the standard embark...

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7989 on: January 01, 2013, 07:22:36 pm »

YES!

Thanks for the new version Meph :) Time to start the giant wicker doll and fill it with captives, then... :)
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7990 on: January 01, 2013, 08:32:31 pm »

I can't seem to roll a Glacier world. It restarts right after placing the last initial civilization. I only changed embark points in the default Glacier profile.

Windows 7 netbook
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:47:43 pm by BigD145 »

dead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: January 01, 2013, 08:49:44 pm »

sweet! great time to come back to DF! now i need to generate a volcano on flat surface with sand to make my glass empire.... and gratz on the 1 year anniversary :D may yours be filled with beard, booze, and GRUESOME DEATH!!!!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7992 on: January 01, 2013, 09:19:18 pm »

:D arclance just wrote me, that I forgot to delete the last save. I did do a last test embark, to see if anything way broken. So, yeah, there is a save included, that serves no purpose at all.

Currently uploading a version without the save... is 4,5mb less. Otherwise no changes. I am such a genius. :)

ImmortalBrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2b - MANUAL Test Version. 99% done.
« Reply #7993 on: January 01, 2013, 09:25:29 pm »

I checked the legendary reactions, they are not bugged. But a werescorpion doesnt give anything for it. So I have no idea whats going on in your fort. Could you send me a save ?

Couldn't post earlier, in case you still need my save:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I can make 1 legendary skill right now and i can give you a 100% warranty that i did NOT kill a single megabeast. What is more, i can confirm killing werebeasts before and also getting a platinum skill essense in previous versions. Btw, i have some weird stuff happening with workshops - instead of canceling jobs i get em suspended without being able to unsuspend them, but i guess that it is a DFhack/my personal bug.

Also, i'd like to ask some questions  :)
1. Were broodmothers removed? If no, where can i get one?
2. Can dwarves wield bows? I'm asking because DF wiki clearly says "no", but Dwarf Therapist shows them as "can be wielded with two hands"
3. The same question applies to all those "Paladin Armor" and "Zweihanders", can they be worn/wielded by dwarves?
4. With the introduction of poisons i think i'll start using sharp weapons in order to try poisons out. Can anyone please give me a list of most "sharp" materials? i am kinda lost with all those gem/glass weapons?
5. How long should sleep and paralysis syndromes from poisons last? Are weapons coated permanently?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 09:56:40 pm by ImmortalBrain »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7994 on: January 01, 2013, 09:42:32 pm »

1. Broodmothers still in the game. Depending on world, dwarves, drow, or none.
2. Yes, bows can be used.
3. All the other stuff can be used as well. Zweihanders are even a normal dwarven weapon from the forge.
4. Manual - General Changes - Material Guides. Best one is of course candy, rest you see in the chart.
5. Paralyzis 50 ticks, slow 150ticks, greenskin bane 400 ticks with 150 for slow, 2000 ticks for sleep. voodood/horror are permanent.

Well, if you can make 1 skill, then you have 1 skill aether. Thats normal, from the werescorpion. I didnt knew for sure if I updated the fear the night creatures towards that point, but apparently I did. All is good.

Edit: Oh yes, previous polls:

Big Project: Expedition system did win, so here you have it. Second place was Colosseum, again, is included. Third one was the chaos civ in hell (big surprise for me). After that the toxicist and kobold camp addition. Kobold camp will be my next focus. Then I have a look at the civs.

Boots/Shields: 2/3 only make Kiteshields, but 1/3 makes all the others, so I kept them as they are. Only 2 people said that they use low boot occasionally so I did remove them.

Toys/Meat: Amazing 50/50 for standardize them, and keep them. Since I can do both (optional setting) I will do so. Next version will have it.

Metal/Plants: Current poll. Want to see what I have to change on the metal and farming industry, because I catch myself going straight for steel all the time, not using any other metals, and planting only plump helmets, pigtails and quarry bushes. Thats it. No above ground stuff, no detailed farming-planting rotations, just all-in, all-year. Thats boring, bad and too easy. ;)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 09:54:18 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 749