Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1787040 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2c - NEW POLL
« Reply #8130 on: January 05, 2013, 01:21:20 pm »

also, are you including the latest versions of falconne's construction helper and search plugins? they're absolutely fantastic =D

These plugins are now in one bundle, so updating is a bit easier if you're doing it yourself (for Windows at least), which you probably should since the update schedule between falconne and meph are different. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7248
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 01:33:17 pm by BigD145 »

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8131 on: January 05, 2013, 01:27:55 pm »

also, are you including the latest versions of falconne's construction helper and search plugins? they're absolutely fantastic =D

These plugins are now in one bundle, so updating is a bit easier if you're doing it yourself, which you probably should since the update schedule between falconne and meph are different. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7248
I have to build the plugins myself for the Linux version, I will try to keep them as up to date as I have time for.
The version of the plugins is listed in the Linux instructions in the Manual.

The search plugin will be updated to the version released today when the next couple of bug fixes are released for Dwarf Therapist.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 03:52:50 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

mensrea

• Bay Watcher
  • Bane of COMEX
    • View Profile
« Reply #8132 on: January 05, 2013, 01:55:33 pm »

Meph: could not think of anything new to put in, per pole. Everything seems complete in those regards.

Regarding races though, it would be nice if the clanky steam powered automatons didnt have the ability to ambush, and perhaps came with slightly bigger armies during siege. As it is, my rifledwarves mow these guys down as fast as they pop up. They never even get a chance to take a shot. Maybe even an extra tier or two of them would help, like a clockwork golems or juggarnauts.

On the topic of rifles, is there anyway to make them more difficult to build and give them the ability to shoot further? Can heat damage be added to bullets and cannonballs? Maybe via a syndrome that has the same effect as causing burns?

Torrasque666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8133 on: January 05, 2013, 02:34:33 pm »

In response to the new poll I would prefer more graphic guides for the industry, such as what exactly goes in to making some of these new items and the skill necessary.
BOOM FOR THE BOOM GOD!
LOOT FOR THE LOOT THRONE!

You seem to be under the impression that we're playing some game other than dwarf fortress. It doesn't matter how powerful you make a creature, we will find a way to destroy it. God is dead, and Urist killed him.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8134 on: January 05, 2013, 02:55:26 pm »

Damn it, I wrote a long answer for everyone, then the forum had some timeout problem-something and its all gone.

In short: All is noted, humans have steel, tin ore increase sounds reasonable, animal materials got a heavy buff with specific shell/chitin/scale upgrade, remember that drakes can be sheared for unlimited scales, you dont need to butcher them, metalworking-guide and/or industry-guide is noted, although it will be horrible to keep updated once I change something. Ambush removed from automatons, which will result in bigger sieges already, heat damage cant be added to bullets, not like this. Shooting further also wont work, is limited by the dwarven view-range. Natural snipers have a higher view range btw, falconnes plugins will be updated, so will the therapist. And the new creatures are absolutely beautiful, all fantastic monsters with very well done descriptions, 70 above ground, 130 in the caverns, 11 megabeasts, all with sprites.

@Godlysockpuppet: A dining room is not a critical area.
@Fairin: Not everyone likes flat volcano embarks and goes straight for adamantine. People actually do evil-glacier stuff and things like that. If you like easy, play the starters world. :P

And last point: I got an answer from Talvieno about his random creature script. I integrated it into the GUI, so you can make 10-1000 procedually generated cretures for each world you do. Ascii tiles, not sprites, but still... this is huge. They even form civs... so you might get invaded by "onendurine": A tiny, brown-eyed quadruped with large eyes to penetrate the darkness and two long eyestalks. It likes to gnaw on old bones and is very intelligent.. with a random assortement of armor and weapons. Or any other mix of creature parts you can think of.

AND THANKS @ SAYKE. Got the pngs. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8135 on: January 05, 2013, 03:21:16 pm »

@Godlysockpuppet: A dining room is not a critical area.
Hehe I often make my entire fort based around the dining area so to me it is ;) Especially when the most epic battles take place there. (It's usually right at my entrance) Beer and blood anyone?

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8136 on: January 05, 2013, 03:31:33 pm »

@meph - am working on the rest of the sprites real quick here. do you want to email me the new ones so i can get crackin' on those?

also, with respect to worldgen settings - i would urge you to include a relatively standard medium-large one that's big enough for all the non-fortress-defense civs to coexist in simultaneously, along with a necrotower or two, without getting in gnarly fights or wiping each other out!

i've made one for myself but i'm still fine-tuning it... i like to have a warm woodland 5x4 embark with a stream, that's flat except for one corner, which should be on a higher z-level.  a few soil layers, marble about 15z down, and a magmapipe somewhere on the map if possible, are also nice =D with my worldgen settings i can pretty reliably find that!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 03:33:07 pm by sayke »
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8137 on: January 05, 2013, 04:02:17 pm »

Thank you for removing automaton ambush. It never felt right that those clunkers could sneak up. I look forward to meeting them on the field and sending them to whatever hell Armok has ready for them. I think the idea of automaton juggernauts is a good idea as well. Possibly even flying mount "airships" to really make my walled fortress fear the clanking army over the horizon.

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8138 on: January 05, 2013, 04:25:37 pm »

You just hear faint clunking at night in the statue garden... Faint squeaking of a wheel... A strange noise... Bang bang bang!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8139 on: January 05, 2013, 05:47:06 pm »

People always had problems with it, so I fixed it:

One colony of silkmoths gives 3 coocoons, every 2 weeks. These can be boiled in the kitchen to extract the silk, gives 2 units of silk for each cocoon. That means 1 hive = 48 units of silk each year.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Puddingkuchen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8140 on: January 05, 2013, 05:50:54 pm »

• I found some relics and I am now the proud owner of a ≡volcanic chopping axe≡ and a +runic volcanic pick+
  • The War Elephants came to my fortress with crossbows and swords but dropped them as soon as they entered the map
  • I made a legendary lasher with the Creature research study and it showed as Legendary Halberdier
  • turning transformation messages off still gives you the box but doesn't pause

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8141 on: January 05, 2013, 05:53:15 pm »

Damnit, now i will have to learn how to properly use beekeepers.... worse, i will have to let those beekeeper-immigrants live "shivers"

What kind of stuff can you mod in this way? Everything or is it limited? As in, can i have a hive full of slaves producing ore? :)

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8142 on: January 05, 2013, 05:57:52 pm »

1 hive could fully cloth multiple dwarves, that's kind of good, but the number could be cut to 2 cocoons every other week, that would lower the number of stuff produced as a whole, while remaining a good source of silk.

I say that because silk remains a quality product, and you can already make cloth out of underground and aboveground plants, so having an easy way to mass produce it is a little destructive to the industry.

Well, that said, I do abuse the steel trees, so talking about balance might not be good coming from me.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

A Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8143 on: January 05, 2013, 06:03:49 pm »

Is there a way to turn off the Carp god stuff? They keep immigrating to me in the first waves and poop all this brown stuff everywhere :(

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8144 on: January 05, 2013, 06:10:32 pm »

but at least it's worth 120k at least everything nasty will come knocking on the door now.
FixedThatForYou

Hey, speaking of. GOBLIN AMBUSH! Managed to kill about 8 or 9 of my dwarves, partly because I was too lazy to burrow everyone. Sent my military, as poorly equipped as they were by lack of armor, to meet them at the gates and drove them off.

I'll have to wall off my treefarms, I think.

Edit: Also my dwarves have decided that butchering and eating the fallen goblins is okay. Guys, help me, I think I'm running an elven fortress.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 06:13:36 pm by Tally »
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 749