Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1776162 times)

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2e - Update: Increasing difficulty. And Orcs.
« Reply #8415 on: January 12, 2013, 12:16:17 pm »

The harder mining sounds AWESOME. Hope i can chime in a test fort tonight!

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2d - Alchemy/Chemistry Poll
« Reply #8416 on: January 12, 2013, 12:54:48 pm »

Harder farming is now harder - 2 seasons grow time for aboveground, 4 seasons for underground plants.
Any chance we could get a option for the old Harder Farming as well as this new !!Harder Farming!!?
I like the old one, it did not require excessive micromanagement and did not create a extreme surplus of food for me unlike vanilla farming.
This seems like it might require too much !!micromanagement!! and cause starvation issues when you first embark.

Also I did not see this in the changelog
Found a bug in the Creature Research Lab. Even though I have 7 gold bags of loot, the lab won't let me open them. This seems to be the cause in reaction_Masterwork.txt:

[REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LOOT:INORGANIC:GOLD]

should be

[REAGENT:A:1:TOY:ITEM_TOY_LOOT:INORGANIC:GOLD]

according to item_toy_masterwork.txt:

[ITEM_TOY:ITEM_TOY_LOOT]
[NAME:bag of loot:bags of loot]
[HARD_MAT]

Edit: After a second look it appears you have entries for the bag of loot as both a Tool and a Toy. but only the Toy version seems to drop. Is this intentional?
did you fix it?

The new Linux version will come after I build the new Therapist for it.

Now I have to decide if I play my old fort or make a new one.
The Orcs are being lazy with their siege in my v2d fort, they have moved about 20 squares from the edge and stopped to stare at the lungfish for three seasons.
They even let me build a second much larger retaining wall around my first retaining wall without bothering my dwarves.
I would have attacked them but they are ~90% ranged units and this map only has copper and yet to be discovered wolfram.

############################################################################################################
@JodGap:
1) Pre-gen embark profiles: (question) Do dwarfs have custom made stats? (Strentgh, agility...)
2) Why now my Dwarf Therapist can not read, pre-gen embark dwarfs's profiles before embark?
2. I dont know? Can it usually read dwarves pre-embark? Asking in the Therapist thread would be beast.
Therapist has been able to do this for a while but I do think it was not able to do that originally.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8417 on: January 12, 2013, 01:09:54 pm »

Even more difficulity! Heck yeah!  :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8418 on: January 12, 2013, 01:12:34 pm »

The farming is less micromanagement then the normal vanilla df farming. Because its standardized, all seasons below ground (no micromangement at all) 2 seasons to plant above ground (spring, summer). It does produce way less, but then again no one uses fertilizer, and this might chance. But between farming fields, breeding animals, eggs, butchering invaders, getting food from inorganics (cave fungus and living rock), fishing, hunting, fish-pond, praying for food, caravans and the Nofood/nodrink effects from good biomes or special songs from the music stage... I would say you dont have to starve, if you dont want to.

Kobold loot has been fixed in V.2d. Thats why its not in the Changelog for V.2e. It already works.

Orcs have the sieger tag, they will wait 1-3 months before they might attack. Thats by design, same AI as humans have. Blocks trading and surface access.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8419 on: January 12, 2013, 01:14:06 pm »

The farming is less micromanagement then the normal vanilla df farming. Because its standardized, all seasons below ground (no micromangement at all) 2 seasons to plant above ground (spring, summer). It does produce way less, but then again no one uses fertilizer, and this might chance. But between farming fields, breeding animals, eggs, butchering invaders, getting food from inorganics (cave fungus and living rock), fishing, hunting, fish-pond, praying for food, caravans and the Nofood/nodrink effects from good biomes or special songs from the music stage... I would say you dont have to starve, if you dont want to.
I can't say I really agree with that, some of those are too much micromanagement (breeding for food, eggs) or are situational (above ground farming, invaders, fishing, good biome effects, hunting in evil biomes).
Your description in the update post also make is sound like it took 4 seasons for underground corps to grow not that they are plantable year round.
I still expect there to be problems at embark, there is no reason for a established fort to starve to death though.

Kobold loot has been fixed in V.2d. Thats why its not in the Changelog for V.2e. It already works.
It is still broken for me in v2d.

Orcs have the sieger tag, they will wait 1-3 months before they might attack. Thats by design, same AI as humans have. Blocks trading and surface access.
They have been there for about 9 months.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:24:25 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Puddingkuchen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8420 on: January 12, 2013, 01:26:12 pm »

some stuff from V.2d
- Magma Gunsmith produces Steel Mechanisms without needing anything
- Drow Caravan had multiple Bloodsteel Golemhearts for 240 (could be fixed)
- Fortress Defense Minotaur Thiefs can destroy buildings during their stealth and if spotted just run into your base

also the brackets around exceptional and masterful items are the same

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8421 on: January 12, 2013, 01:39:54 pm »

2d had an issue where I could "Copy Magma Armory Blueprints" without any original Blueprint. [Therefore, free magma armory blueprints] Didn't see that in the changelog for 2e, and there's some other fudged reactions that I can't really find out what is wrong, such as making Bronze.

Copper, tin bars sitting next to my smelters and I haven't been able to even choose making bronze. On any furnace/smelter. I havent been able to make bronze in a long time thanks to the reaction simply not working. Wish I could. Iron blows. I'd rather not be forced to Manager-poof the jobs into existence.

And I swear I never had these issues in previous versions of DF. The whole reactions not working randomly is a newer kind of bug. One that especially tends to come out in MWDF for me. Any kind of mod-reaction workarounds? I could just make a new bronze reaction, but that seem a bit.. Gamey.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:57:03 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8422 on: January 12, 2013, 01:52:36 pm »

Glacial has gone 300 years successfully. Automatons did not survive, but others did.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8423 on: January 12, 2013, 02:14:29 pm »

@bigD145: Good to know, thanks for the heads up.

@Mictlantecuhtli: Dont know about the bronze... cold hammering and the blast furnaces take ore, while the metallurgist and crucible take bars, the reactions look good, so I dont know why you havent been able to select bronze.

Magma Armory Blueprint is fixed now (right now, not in the release) there was a simply "B" missing from Lueprint. ^^

Did you check this ?
Code: [Select]
Workshop reactions are red, even with all the materials available.
Bug:
If a workshop is in a burrow, even if the burrow is inactive, then it accepts only materials within the same burrow.
Solution:
Make a bigger burrow including the materials, or keep the material stockpiles within the same burrow. Or delete the burrow.

@Puddingkuchen: Wow, that steel mechanism thing must have been there for... about 9months maybe? The reagent name was missing, simply adding :A to it, and all is good. Thanks for that report. :) Golem hearts are more expensive now, as I posted. Fortress Defense races do stuff by design, I dont think that building-destroying minotaurs are a flaw.  If I could edit the font, I would change it. It uses the same thing for forbidden items, which is troublesome to me. I have to look into this.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8424 on: January 12, 2013, 02:19:15 pm »

Naw, I don't even use burrows [except in some emergencies, then I erase them after]. It's just weird, I've been able to cold hammer tin, copper-bearing stones, never been able to make bronze. Nor with smelted bars. It's not worked for a long time for me, actually. It kind of bothers me now since I want Deepbronze. I'll see what I can do to try and make it work, you do have plenty of reactions to mess with anyways.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8425 on: January 12, 2013, 02:26:49 pm »

@Mictlantechuhtli --

Another work around is to try having the manager run the reaction.  The bug that Meph refers to has something to do with pathfinding and so it correlated to burrows, but sometimes it happens without burrows too.

Of course it's possible there's a bug in the reaction, but this one is pretty simple and I don't see anything wrong with it

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8426 on: January 12, 2013, 02:34:49 pm »

I checked all four bronze reactions, they are correct. But if you want Deepbronze, the only way to get it is by sending expeditions... you cant manufacture it. I added it, because suddenly there it was in the forge screen, Deepbronze... It is an addition from Orc Fortress, I didnt really know what to do with it for the dwarves, so I made it a little easter-egg-like material that they can find on expeditions.

@smake: I assume its the Elder Scrolls dwemer material? (since your custom deepbronze items have that theme...)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8427 on: January 12, 2013, 02:40:27 pm »

I'd rather not be forced to Manager-poof the jobs into existence.

The bars and applicable ores are always within sight. I just have not been able to make Bronze in latest versions of MWDF, and the newest versions of DF have the same issue occasionally as well. It's rather pervasive. It's why I'm thinking of adding a new Bronze reaction that will actually work instead of cheesing the jobs into existence via Manager.

On Deepbronze: Damnit. I could've sworn I saw a reaction to do it. Suggestion: Make a reaction to smelt it together, similar to Volcanic, except bars.

I can order Deepbronze from caravans, by the way. Only reason I figured Dwarves could make it. Not sure if you can limit that.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8428 on: January 12, 2013, 02:44:18 pm »

@smake: I assume its the Elder Scrolls dwemer material? (since your custom deepbronze items have that theme...)

Indeed.  It is a weapons and armor material superior to steel, but very heavy.

Quote from: Mictlantecuhtli
I'd rather not be forced to Manager-poof the jobs into existence.

Yep, me too, if you solve it you'll be very popular on this whole Modding board ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8429 on: January 12, 2013, 02:46:55 pm »

Crap. You are right. Since the Expedition reaction gives out bars in the end, and not items, your civs has per definition unlimited bars. that means caravans and sieges bring this beautiful, better then steel metal. That shouldnt be. I have to use the same workaround I used for bifrost and volcanic then, only ever allowing deepbronze items to be made, but never bars... you could till melt them down if you want to do your own stuff... like gauntlets ^^
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 749