Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1776186 times)

Asva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2e Bug report.
« Reply #8490 on: January 13, 2013, 11:37:29 am »

3) That shouldnt happen. Mastiffs cant help you, but the iron swords should have been enough.
I assume you misread "metalspirit henocide" for "dwarwen henocide". IMHO it provides exactly right amount of fun challenge  :P.

In 1.9.5 I tried creating boulders from different materials. The reaction actually allows massproduction of any metal (including bifrost and adamantine) from blocks. Works as follows:
1) Make boulder from 4 blocks (1st of valuable metal, 2-4 of junkstone).
2) Make 4 blocks of valuable metal from boulder.
It's extremely exploitable, hence my dwarfy greedy nature can't overlook it, hence amassing adamantine  8).
I think it's quite easy to fix. You may add several reactions to brick oven that make colored boulder from custom boulder. You may as well totally get rid of that reaction. It's not of any big use.
If I'm not mistaken since 1.9.5 there was no change in "make boulder from blocks" reaction.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2e - Update: Increasing difficulty. And Orcs.
« Reply #8491 on: January 13, 2013, 11:48:03 am »

Ah... I thought the genocide was on your end. But yeah, they should be easy to kill if you have weapons. But if you ignore them, they will kill civilians. I might give them curious_beast, to make them run into your fortress. Dont know yet.

"make boulder from blocks" exploit. Unfortunately I cant say "take 4 boulders, but all 4 must be the same material", so... I guess I just remove the reaction. Its a very good example of "I added it only, because I can write that reaction".

@firons: Most likely not. Asking me about a Fortress Defense creature in Adv.Mode has a very low chance of me actually knowing anything. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8492 on: January 13, 2013, 11:52:49 am »

Dunno how it affect Adventure mode, but it is true that Fort Defense races lack [CAN_SPEAK].  (Which is mostly good, it is what makes them assault forts populated by all races/alignments)

p.s.  I have a fort where it is snowing Rock.  Can't wait for summer to see if, as I suspect,  it's actually going to rain some good old INORGANIC:NONE ...

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8493 on: January 13, 2013, 12:11:52 pm »

Night Mares (big bad flying, fire-breathing horses) melt in normal temperatures.

The lack of [CAN_SPEAK] makes the races pretty annoying in 'Venturin mode, because you can easily stumble upon civilized quest targets you can't accuse for anything, and villages of useless meatbags.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 12:13:36 pm by Bloax »

oh_no

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8494 on: January 13, 2013, 12:16:18 pm »

Yeah its like Get you tripe here! Annnd you cant buy anything

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8495 on: January 13, 2013, 12:20:53 pm »

The one you have called soviet in that pic is the plague set I'm pretty sure, I don't have a square soviet set.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8496 on: January 13, 2013, 12:21:40 pm »

The only worthy races to turn on really are Jotunar and Nightwings, because they at least add a bit of +FUN+ to the game.

Though the former are reduced to harmless statues of death if they have a shield and/or armor on. Because pack-rat strength doesn't scale as much as weight does with size.
Which is a huge problem when every single of the aforementioned defensive items have a weight of >500 Units, best-case scenario. (Usually it's around 2000-4000)

oh_no

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8497 on: January 13, 2013, 12:25:12 pm »

im surprised the castes dont have modded traits like they do attributes. splinterz n i were working on formulas to get dt to read any distribution of modded attributes on a normal curve of 0 to 100 and i erroneously assumed castes had traits modified as well. to my surprise they dont.  the work still needs to b done so percents can b read properly for kobolds and orcs. but i thought the talented dr would b more helpful and the legions more angry

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8498 on: January 13, 2013, 12:33:43 pm »

@thistleknot: I had to read it a few times, but I do understand now. Well... maybe I should add this to castes ? Making legionnaires angrier would be horrible though, if one of them tantrums... more helpful doctors are of course always welcome. But why would that be any difference for orcs or kobolds? Therapist reads them out just like dwarves, I couldnt find any problems.

@Bloax: If they are useless/hindersome in adv. mode, why would people turn them on ? Nightmares... I think they have the standardized, non-fireproof materials as well.

@Vherid: Send you a PM, but you are probably right.

@smakemupagus: Damn you !!! I wanted to try this, although my prediction is pools of magma with no negative effect. Same thing happens when you try INORGANIC:NONE as on itemcorpse, its just not enough for proper liquids. But then again rain does fill ponds, so maybe, just maybe you will be successful. Would be awesome, though impractical for outside dwarves.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8499 on: January 13, 2013, 12:42:15 pm »

@thistleknot: I had to read it a few times, but I do understand now. Well... maybe I should add this to castes ? Making legionnaires angrier would be horrible though, if one of them tantrums... more helpful doctors are of course always welcome. But why would that be any difference for orcs or kobolds? Therapist reads them out just like dwarves, I couldnt find any problems.
rage for combat

the traits are calculated based on the vanilla distribution.  see the wiki on traits
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66525.msg3945716#msg3945716
which also means they r assumed to be immoderation w a mean of 45 (or 55) whatever it is.  the orcs and kobolds are being calculated as if there vanilla dwarfs. its kind of hard to explain and im typing this on my phone. but i copied the relevant code onto the dt thread for traits. it should b on the last page thats up today.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 12:46:15 pm by thistleknot »

Bates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8500 on: January 13, 2013, 12:59:48 pm »

Meph, does your resurrection-in-good-biomes work for dwarves who have died from old age?

I'm having trouble keeping my duchess alive, as outlined here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=119761.msg3945920#msg3945920

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8501 on: January 13, 2013, 01:04:13 pm »

@Bates: [CE_ADD_TAG:NO_AGING:START:0] is what you are looking for.

@thistleknot:
im typing this on my phone.
This is saving you. :P Otherwise I would rant about grammar. ;) Since I dont mod traits, and the df does not read out traits for modding things, everything is fine. If splinterz does add a better capability to read out traits, I might change them for my castes. But till then I dont see a problem.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8502 on: January 13, 2013, 01:05:04 pm »

Nightmares shouldn't melt in normal temperatures. However, what they should do is instantly get set on fire and then burn to death.

Maybe I should have made their flesh more resistant to fire other than FIREIMMUNE...

Edit: Well, nightmares are immune to magma, and are homeotherm to normal temperatures, so I don't know what is wrong.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8503 on: January 13, 2013, 01:08:37 pm »

Might be a V.2d issue then, let me check in 2e.

oh_no

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8504 on: January 13, 2013, 01:11:14 pm »

@Bloax and Naryar:
Nightmares... I think they have the standardized, non-fireproof materials as well.
It uses standard_materials and standard_tissues. Both redirect to my fake creature for standardized materials. These are NOT fireproof. Thats the cause. Nothing is wrong with your nightmare naryar, its just that they dont work in this mod. At least not without me modding them slightly.
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 749