Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1776192 times)

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2e - Update: Increasing difficulty. And Orcs.
« Reply #8505 on: January 13, 2013, 01:16:50 pm »

Well they don't die per-say, but they only stop bleeding after getting down to the lowest blood level, which makes them really suspensible to bleeding out from the smallest of scratches.

oh_no

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8506 on: January 13, 2013, 01:39:34 pm »

@arclance: I dont know... I always rush out and melee everything that enters the map. If you let the orcs sit there for a year, you get no migrants/caravans, thats your fault and your problem. The manual even states:
A special tactic of the orcs is besieging your fort. The orc army will start campfires and wait you out for a few months, hoping to catch a caravan of guard, and starve you of outside resources.
Its better then just making them stronger goblins, which is boring. ^^ At least orcs wont run into your goblin grinders.
My problem is with the "wait you out for a few months" which is inaccurate, they really stay there for more like a year.
I did keep playing that game and they did eventually leave after a year.

I usually melee everything as well but not with a small, barely trained, partially armored military against a mostly ranged offensive force.
I don't like replacing most of my military due to using suicide tactics like that, they take to long to train.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: January 13, 2013, 01:42:16 pm »

@arclance: I dont know... I always rush out and melee everything that enters the map. If you let the orcs sit there for a year, you get no migrants/caravans, thats your fault and your problem. The manual even states:
A special tactic of the orcs is besieging your fort. The orc army will start campfires and wait you out for a few months, hoping to catch a caravan of guard, and starve you of outside resources.
Its better then just making them stronger goblins, which is boring. ^^ At least orcs wont run into your goblin grinders.
My problem is with the "wait you out for a few months" which is inaccurate, they really stay there for more like a year.
I did keep playing that game and they did eventually leave after a year.

I usually melee everything as well but not with a small, barely trained, partially armored military against a mostly ranged offensive force.
I don't like replacing most of my military due to using suicide tactics like that, they take to long to train.

Cunning trap system ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8508 on: January 13, 2013, 01:46:01 pm »

Ok arclance, point taken. And I am surprised no one ever seems to use the bonfire. If the orcs just sit there, make a bonfire and light the grass. Sooner or later the orcs will move. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8509 on: January 13, 2013, 01:55:55 pm »

Ok arclance, point taken. And I am surprised no one ever seems to use the bonfire. If the orcs just sit there, make a bonfire and light the grass. Sooner or later the orcs will move. ;)

My fps dies in a fire.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8510 on: January 13, 2013, 01:59:42 pm »

Hint: Random patches of spike traps in the wilderness hooked up to levers sends a very, very good "Get the hell off my territory" message.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8511 on: January 13, 2013, 02:06:21 pm »

Please do leave SIEGE tag on Dwarves and Humans though, I like that Tiaga Orcs have to fight their way out (or ballistae, tramcart weapons, archer towers, whatever).

The INORGANIC:NONE weather wasn't my invention, that's coming from your side somewhere.  It never did rain magma though, just rock snow all year round.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8512 on: January 13, 2013, 02:07:48 pm »

i figured the SIEGE tag was what siege engines were for =)

@meph - i'm still trying to figure out the best way to get standard backgrounds onto the variegated-black-background ones! i'm honestly not that good with photoshop, although i can usually figure things out...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 02:14:32 pm by sayke »
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8513 on: January 13, 2013, 02:08:49 pm »

Cunning trap system ?
That would require prior setup.
The local mostly giant wildlife makes that hard with the current size of my military because civilians are cowards.
I could have caved-in the area underneath them but they were standing on my brook.

Hint: Random patches of spike traps in the wilderness hooked up to levers sends a very, very good "Get the hell off my territory" message.
That would work but also blocks wagon passage at the spacing the would be necessary for good Orc coverage.

I guess I could have done that but I did not want to totally abandon the surface and it kills your FPS.
I still need to "Giant Bat Riding Bow-Goblin" proof my greenhouse so I need surface access.

I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8514 on: January 13, 2013, 02:11:14 pm »

Masterwork Dwarf Fortress V.2f

NOTES: HARDER MINING IS REALLY HARD NOW. Yes, I am yelling this in the hope that people take heed. Your miners can essentially be ambushed now, by weak elemtental-wraiths living in the rock, by balrogs (rare) and soggoths (rare). This means you should bring warbeasts and military while mining. I know that many people will turn this off, because it does make the game harder and is unusual. Feedback about this feature is most welcome. Since undigable rock and the coal-dust and warpstone were not quite successful in making harder mining interesting, I hope this try does better. ;)

This update is small, mostly concerned with bugfixes, graphics and kobolds.

Graphics:
  • Font finally has all missing symbols, like weight/forbidden/exceptional symbols.
  • 4 new tilesets. CLA, Taffer, Soviet and a second JollyBastion variant.
  • 18 color schemes. Cycle through them in the GUI.
Spoiler: Tilesets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Color Schemes (click to show/hide)

Bugfixes:
  • Fixed steel mechanism reaction in Gunsmith
  • Fixed magma armory blueprint copying
  • Fixed melting hellfire imps (fortress defense)
  • Fixed badgerman bodysize (fortress defense)
  • Fixed all possible error combinations from adding one FD race, but not another (entities were sharing items they shouldnt have)
  • Fixed Ascii and Ascii+ plant_standard.txt (was not updated)
  • Fixed error-popup from Grazer button (tropicl.txt missing)
  • Fixed some graphics background colors (drowspider, rothes and all creature_magical)
  • Fixed missing {} brackets (forbidden items), missing upside down L (urist/weight) and missing ≡ (exceptional quality items)  in font.ttf
  • Fixed Pillar tile for ascii versions.
  • Fixed reactions that need threads trying to accept webs (resulting in the worker being webbed, and the web destroyed)

Orc Fortress:
  • Updated to 0.31
  • About 50% more buildings and 33% more reactions.
  • Orc specific plants
  • Orc language
  • Orc embark profile

Kobold Camp:
  • Kobold language
  • Kobold embark profile
  • 15 buildings from Masterwork now available to Kobolds
  • Caste system, every fourth Kobold will be good at specific skills
  • Added wooden querns, millstones and mechanisms
  • Kobolds have workshop category titles and ingame skill titles as well, same as dwarves.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 02:15:56 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8515 on: January 13, 2013, 02:15:14 pm »

That would work but also blocks wagon passage at the spacing the would be necessary for good Orc coverage.

Wagons only need one 3-tile path. Anywhere else is fair game.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds
« Reply #8516 on: January 13, 2013, 02:20:36 pm »

Damn those metal wraiths :( 2 managed to kill my legendary axe dorf legionnaire who was clad in all masterwork patternwelded wolfram armour with an iridium axe :/ Not fair!!!

Aemon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds
« Reply #8517 on: January 13, 2013, 02:23:33 pm »

Quick Question: Is there a way to turn off bloodbeasts or do anything about them before they turn?  I am trying to learn the game and one of my important dwarves just turned into a bloodbeast and created some havoc.  Fun, and quite funny actually, but I would rather load and old save and continue with this fortress than start a new one.  He was one of my miners and hunters and I am not sure how to relocate his equipment to other dwarves even if I manage to wall him off from the world before he turns crazy.  Sorry if this question is something easily answered.  I'm kinda new to this and did search this topic for a while, but couldn't come up with any good ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Bates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8518 on: January 13, 2013, 02:31:50 pm »

@Bates: [CE_ADD_TAG:NO_AGING:START:0] is what you are looking for.

Umm, that's like a syndrome interaction right?
How do I use it with script like the rejuvenation?
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/User:Vjek#rejuvenate

I'm a newb in modding... ???

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux)
« Reply #8519 on: January 13, 2013, 02:34:25 pm »

@Godlysockpuppet: What ? I just got a report that iron swords are more then enough to kill them... ^^

@Aemon: Yes and Yes. The SecretFun button in the GUI, creature section turns them off, among other things. Obviously does not work on an already generated world. What you can do: Buy a ward of armok, or build a temple and run the reaction: "ask for armoks help against possessions" Then bring the possessed dwarf near the ward of armok that has been created. Has to be in line of sight, and he will be cured. It should also say all of this in the manual.

@Bates: You are completely wrong here. Please go to the dfhack thread, and read their readme. You can't mod much in an already generated world, and scripts are all for dfhack. Not for mods.
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 749