Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1791660 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - New Poll.
« Reply #9450 on: February 28, 2013, 11:33:14 am »

So you do know they are ratmen.... kind of self defeating your own point. If calling them anyother way you will alienate everyone. If you call them skaven a bunch of people will already know what it is, and the rest of it could guess or make a quick google for it and know from there.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9451 on: February 28, 2013, 11:56:17 am »

About the poll:

I am currently focussed on Kobolds. That I will finish first.

Sweet! This question came to mind when I saw the poll questioner.

Freitas11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9452 on: February 28, 2013, 12:17:34 pm »

I have a problem. When i change the tileset to ironhand's the graphic doesn't change and instead load phoebus. How do i change it?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9453 on: February 28, 2013, 12:22:49 pm »

did you create a new world?

Freitas11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9454 on: February 28, 2013, 12:27:42 pm »

Yes.

Freitas11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9455 on: February 28, 2013, 12:55:14 pm »

OOh, now i see what happened. No matter which tileset i choose my dwarfs are always the ones from phoebus tileset. Is this a bug?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9456 on: February 28, 2013, 01:22:44 pm »

So you do know they are ratmen.... kind of self defeating your own point. If calling them anyother way you will alienate everyone. If you call them skaven a bunch of people will already know what it is, and the rest of it could guess or make a quick google for it and know from there.

All I know is "like ratmen" from this particular page. That's it. And I think "why not just call them ratmen and save me having to remember what a skaven is months down the road."

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9457 on: February 28, 2013, 01:31:49 pm »

I guess they could also be called ratmen for the straightforwardness. However that sounds a little, I don't know... like lack of inspiration. Remembering that Skaven is the name of a species of ratmen is not really that hard, I don't think it would take months for you to figure out and remember it. I know I didn't
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9458 on: February 28, 2013, 01:36:48 pm »

There are ratmen in the Majesty-world (Ardania i think it was called). They appeared out of sewers, are greedy like shit, a bit bigger then humans, have plague spells and are just unsanitary in general.

Kind of not the stuff you want with the skaven, but im throwing them in the ring, just for the sake of it :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9459 on: February 28, 2013, 02:14:35 pm »

Ok, here is my main point for taking Skaven instead of ratmen. Ratmen will be a 16x16 pixel tile, with no lore and background info whatsoever. People see ratmen, and thats it.

Skaven are this:
Spoiler: Big picture (click to show/hide)

People can read up on them, some know them, some dont, but there is a ton of info online. Also, I am a fan of Warhammer ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mechanist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9460 on: February 28, 2013, 02:32:41 pm »

its like saying that warpstone should have been called tainted stone or some crap like that, people that know about warpstone should be expecting the skaven armies in masterwork long time ago.
About the poll i like the idea of "steampunk" race in dwarf fortress but i really think that steampunk should be from dwarves, gnomes sound really weird, or even some kind of advanced goblins more organized and technological sounds more fitted for steampunk
also im very intrigued about the idea of ebony like some kind of glass, how would be created?
cant wait for V2.g comes out

al.bebop

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9461 on: February 28, 2013, 02:41:46 pm »

So I finally had to create a forum account, just to reply to this thread! Great work by all involved!

I particularly wanted to see if anyone else had had the pleasure of creating a "Cloud of blood and Gore" which occurs as a transformation, in my case because I guess my weapons traps are a bit overpowered.  The occurrence made me laugh to no end, but I thought I'd report that it seems in need of a little work still; in my opinion, the "blood and gore cloud" should perhaps be a bit briefer, as there was sufficient time for several dwarfs to move several tiles, such that those who were not even close to the vaporized orc were able to march through it (one of whom appears to have suffocated on the cloud, what a way to go!)

I noticed Meph asked about the Runesmith up above, and while I've successfully applied numerous runes to weapons, I'm having difficulty getting the runes applied to high-enough quality weapons for my military to use them.  Aside from disbanding all squads to free up their Welded Wolfram, Adamantine and Welded Mithril weapons so I can apply runes, I'm not able to think of a way, so I'm currently hoping an idea will occur that doesn't throw my squads into disarray.  Maybe I'll change their uniforms to use steel weapons, so that I can put runes on the better weapons...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9462 on: February 28, 2013, 02:54:48 pm »

I assign weapons usually one by one. Military = Equip = Specific Item.

May I ask when this cloud of blood and gore happened? Maybe some adamantine inscribed trap parts ?

I wont make dwarves steampunk, even if it would fit. It does not fit the DF dwarves, and I try to keep these other things like guns, magic and now steampower completely optional. People who think steampunk has no place in DF can simply disable it then.

Ebony glass would probably involve glass and volcanoes in some way. Like a magma-only glass that is equal to some weapon-grade metal.

V2g is not far away. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

al.bebop

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9463 on: February 28, 2013, 03:05:11 pm »

Can't wait for V2g!  The weapon trap in question does have a runed +Superior Crystal Glass Pike+, with runes of Iron, Gold and Steel inscribed, no Adamantine Runes though.  Regrettably, the combat log has long since expired, but when I looked at the time it happened, I wasn't able to chase down exactly when the orc "transformed", i.e., vaporized.  I'll keep you all posted if it happens again.

Regarding assigning specific weapons, that's not feasible, my current military is 21 squads strong, nearly all of them full; for uncertain reasons, my fort has a population of 262 and babies are still being born.  I appreciate all the work you've put into lowering FPS, but I still don't want to talk about what I'm averaging currently :P

Oh! I almost forgot, the Golems are everything I could have hoped for, and more.  I highly recommend using lightly-experienced dwarfs that are already in a military squad; I'm not sure if it is intentional or a happy accident, but dwarfs already in the military that are transformed into golems will remain in their squad, and even follow training schedule and orders.  It seems once transformed they cannot be added to a squad, but if they are already in training, your military will soon find itself sparring with the golems, and followed into battle by their transformed comrades.  I highly recommend using the upgrade system as well, I'm not certain if the upgrades are the cause, but I'm definitely seeing a lot of orcs fall to their hammer/sword/spearfists.  Every child that comes of age in my fortress without a useful skill finds themself drafted and 'ere long transformed into a Steel Killing Machine.  I'm raising an army of them to attempt an invasion of the underworld, wish them luck!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:07:59 pm by al.bebop »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9464 on: February 28, 2013, 03:23:18 pm »

Every child that comes of age in my fortress without a useful skill finds themself drafted and 'ere long transformed into a Steel Killing Machine.  I'm raising an army of them to attempt an invasion of the underworld, wish them luck!

A worthy mission indeed, good luck :D
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 749