Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1787510 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - New Poll.
« Reply #9465 on: February 28, 2013, 04:00:17 pm »

Every child that comes of age

Why only that late? I remember someone transforming a mother carriyng her baby into golems once. ;)
"The golem baby punches the orc in the face." ;)

EDIT: Kobold-centric, but I will post it here as well, because why not.

http://www.mediafire.com/?41l3aqc70k8s6n0

This is the Kobold Camp Manual. Please have a look, and feel free to point out stupid mistakes as you like. Of course you cant test anything, but if you like or dislike a feature, you can comment on it ;)

Mod will most likely follow within 24h.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 05:30:13 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mechanist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9466 on: February 28, 2013, 05:56:07 pm »

I wont make dwarves steampunk, even if it would fit. It does not fit the DF dwarves, and I try to keep these other things like guns, magic and now steampower completely optional. People who think steampunk has no place in DF can simply disable it then
not dwarves per se but non playable deep dwarves, advanced dwarves, even chaos dwarves, or goblin thinkerers (not sure how to spell it) that maybe or not need a peaceful stance with you after some kind of overly complicated way to make them stop attacking you for start trading
and its just an opinion, i know that dont matter what name it gets still can be changed by anyone

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9467 on: February 28, 2013, 06:03:08 pm »

Ebony glass would probably involve glass and volcanoes in some way. Like a magma-only glass that is equal to some weapon-grade metal.

Mithril or welded mithril maybe? Magma is quite high-tech, especially if you restrict it with a blueprint as well.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9468 on: February 28, 2013, 08:58:10 pm »

Yeah, GUI works, toggles all orc and kobold parts nicely now. You get your special race, special plants and special pets. Exclusively for each race. And three manuals, and a little bugreport template thingy, and a button for the "Heavy Siegeworks", which does in fact not actually exist yet. But it will. Tomorrow. I will sleep now. :P
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9469 on: February 28, 2013, 09:47:17 pm »

huzzah meph!!! thank you for everything and absolutely all the best =D
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

ydirbut

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9470 on: February 28, 2013, 11:51:33 pm »

Is anybody else not getting very few sedimentary layers in their created worlds? I've been looking for a site with Bit. Coal and it's very difficult for me to do so. I also noticed that non-hematite iron ores are rare.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9471 on: March 01, 2013, 12:52:08 am »

its like saying that warpstone should have been called tainted stone
That would actually be better. Winks and subtle references are always better than copy-pasting stuff from another setting and ending up with a weird patchwork. Most stuff in Masterwork fits in the DF universe so far, I'd love Meph to keep it that way. Just put some more explicit references in the manual so the few people who don't get the nod can look it up.

P.S.: Skaven and the Warhammer universe ARE cool. You should play the Chaos in the Old World board game if you haven't yet, it uses the setting very well.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 01:01:43 am by isitanos »

Dwarf_Eater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9472 on: March 01, 2013, 01:09:00 am »

From bold manual:
Fountain
"...You can make dwarves swim in the fountain..."

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #9473 on: March 01, 2013, 01:21:01 am »

Can the Ram trap component still be upgraded? If not, it should be either phased out, or get a new recipe to make them hit harder.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9474 on: March 01, 2013, 05:35:39 am »

nothing big, i just noticed:

has the color of vomit been changed in general? i noticed in KC that it was blue, but after changing back to dwarves(yes, new world) its still blue
is this intended or just not changed back?
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9475 on: March 01, 2013, 05:51:30 am »

nothing big, i just noticed:

has the color of vomit been changed in general? i noticed in KC that it was blue, but after changing back to dwarves(yes, new world) its still blue
is this intended or just not changed back?

This is happened to me also.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9476 on: March 01, 2013, 06:47:58 am »

It was a strange entry in the color default+, which I didnt knew before. I already fixed it in my dev version. Glorious green vomit for everyone.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9477 on: March 01, 2013, 07:55:40 am »

Oh wow. I just lost my fort to a swarm of angry sauropods. They're bloodthirsty! Wounded half of my fort's population of 10 dwarves... They then proceeded to enter the fort and kill the all the wounded dwarves while they were recuperating in bed.

Fungus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9478 on: March 01, 2013, 08:13:13 am »

So I've been trying, unsuccesfully, for days to get steam engines to work. I cannot build ordinary steam engines over any hole with or without a down staircase while magma steam engines produce no power; they do however get filled with a lot of water. The magma and water tiles underneath never decrease. What could be going on?  :-\

Also when building magma steam engines it cannot see the magma if it's obscured with a down staircase. If I wasn't the only person with this problem I'd guess it was being treated as a workshop not a machine but I suppose that's not the problem.

Thanks for making such a fantastic mod compilation though Meph, it's really appreciated! :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9479 on: March 01, 2013, 09:27:24 am »

Fungus, you best ask in the dfhack thread. I did not (and cant) write somethink like a steam engine myself. I just added the raws made by the dfhack team, and changed the design, which should not affect the functionality at all. Have a look at the dfhack readme (included in the manual, under utilities) or ask someone in their thread. I could only repeat what the manual says ;)
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 749