Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1772354 times)

Fungus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - New Poll.
« Reply #9480 on: March 01, 2013, 09:33:05 am »

Ah, ok, that's a shame. Thanks Meph. I've scoured every resource I can find but there isn't very much information (even on the DFHack thread) but I thought I should post here first.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9481 on: March 01, 2013, 11:43:13 am »

Ishar, the press wood in the screwpress works. Tested it.

whoever reported that half of his dwarves were highborn dwarves when he plays without castes: It was only the description showing up on every male dwarf. Not actual highborns, but only the description. Is fixed.

Just wrapping up everything for the next version atm. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9482 on: March 01, 2013, 12:11:37 pm »

Meph, would you consider making bloodsteel a different color than regular steel?  Maybe:
4:7:0

Orcs use it for a lot of things special from regular steel, so it'd be nice to see stocks at a glance.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9483 on: March 01, 2013, 12:29:46 pm »

Masterwork DF V2g+
Super quick hotfix.
  • Updated Therapist to 20.4 (splinterz fixed another bug)
  • Bloodsteel is now red.
  • Orc Manual Button no longer opens Kobolds manual and vice versa.

Masterwork DF V2g
SUPER IMPORTANT: Hotkeys. Press Ctrl+Q for Quicksave. Press Ctrl+F for Fortress Stats, showing you how much time each dwarf spends on each job.

IMPORTANT: (tl:dr; version) Harder mining has been changed, Rockwraiths are gone. Only a few metalwraiths remain. I hope more people will use this harder, but not so annoying option now. Kobolds are completely redone, its an entirely new mod. Aboveground plants only need one season to grow. Orc Fortress is a lot bigger. New building: Siegeworks. And bugfixes, a lot of them. Thats it. :)

NOTES: Special thanks to talvieno for his quick help on the creature generation update; Wannabehero for DeeperDwarvenDomestication mod, adding 10 awesome dwarvish pets; Smakemupagus for his continued work on Orc Fortress and the Kobold Caste System; everyone who reported bugs or inbalances and Falconne, for yet another one of this great UI improvements.

Orc Fortress
  • Updated to v1.02
  • Twice as big as before
Kobold Camp
  • Complete Overhaul, everything new.
  • Try it out, its very different from Dwarves and Orcs.
DFhack
  • More custom plugins
  • Happiness counter, Fort Statistics, unsuspend all constructions...
The happiness counter. Enabled by default, shows up in the lower-left corner of the screen. You can see how many dwarves are how happy. Great to avoid tantrums. The example show a fresh embark with 7 units total.

Utilities
  • Updated Therapist to 20.3
  • Updated Soundsense r40
  • Added direct downloadlink for the Soundsense pack to the manual
GUI
  • Fixed grazing button (fingers crossed)
  • Added Heavy Siegeworks button
  • Added direct links to all three manuals and a bugreport template
  • Bacteria, Alchohol Vapors and Stench is no longer linked to "harmless smoke effects"
Manual
  • Updated Manual
  • New: Kobold Camp Manual
Bugfixes
  • Effecient steel making back in
  • Added missing "mill carmine" reaction
  • Shadowleaf now inedible and only underground
  • Dwarven lashers are no longer called halberdiers
  • Golem upgrades now accept all clockwork parts
  • Drow dont have 2 copies of golem hearts to sell
  • Fixed Chitin and Shell upgrades
  • Vomit is no longer blue (strange one that)
  • Fixed pray for booze reaction
  • Fixed animal armor recycling
  • Fixed steel batch reaction, now needs iron as intended
  • Fixed adjective of legendary twohanded weapons
  • Fixed greater badgermen size
  • Fixed/Removed "stone rain"
  • Removed resurrection in good regions (unable to fix it)
  • Fixed triple reagent in "loot ruins"
  • Fixed caste descriptions showing up when playing without castes
Balancing
  • Nightmares only appear in evil regions
  • Removed rockwraiths from harder mining. Only metalwraiths remain
  • Balrogs are rarer and Soggoths only appear in living rock
  • Boozebelly cheese gives 20 instead of 10 booze.
  • Aboveground plants only need 1 season to grow. (twice as fast then before)
New Features
  • Heavy Siegeworks - Metal siege engines
  • Oil sand and oil slate - Make mineral oil
  • Fatty oil - Make oil from tallow
  • Slag Update - 3 different ways to make concrete
  • Milk poison - all creatures with poisons can be milked for it
  • 9 new Alchemist reactions - Special booze with syndromes
  • Pray for wool or cotton - great for moods
Full Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 02:22:16 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - NEW RELEASE
« Reply #9484 on: March 01, 2013, 12:42:32 pm »

Meph you are both a scholar and a gentleman, starting a new fort now.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9485 on: March 01, 2013, 12:45:18 pm »

Dwarven lashers are no longer called halberdiers
Where did that come from? :D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9486 on: March 01, 2013, 12:50:47 pm »

The "orc manual" button pops up the kobold manual and the "kobold manual" button pops up the orc manual. Might wanna do something about that.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

sandi Mexicola

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9487 on: March 01, 2013, 01:00:24 pm »

Thanks so much!  I love your mod!    :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9488 on: March 01, 2013, 01:04:52 pm »

Thank you :)

@smake: Yep, can be done. Is done, and is being uploaded.
@deon: That came from a long forgotten line of code, from 1,3 years ago when I copied your castes to make the Legion dwarf. They had custom profession names, including the halberdier, which no one noticed till just now.
@jaxy15: Well, neither orcs nor kobolds nor me can read all that well. ;) Is fixed, I am doing a second upload atm.

I also added some more links to the frontpage. A link to each releasepost, so people can find the entire changelog for everything, and new links to Orc Fort, Orc Tutorial Fort, Kobold Camp and the upcoming Kobold Tutorial Camp. :)

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9489 on: March 01, 2013, 01:24:41 pm »

Oh shit ... I nearly just ended up my fort and you update the mod !?   I hate you >:(
I love your mod, I will write a short list of the best things and some suggestion when I'll loose this fort :)

By now, I start to make some suggestion. First of all, the "carp god" quest was nice in the end :)
Also all the workshops add-ons, but I only tryed 50% by now. FPS improvement is great, but I'm greedy and I always want more.
I was searching for a particular embark (pre-built castle to conquer, with 1 or 2 rivers, possibly 2-3 zlevels higher) and I found it. But to do that I had to play in a 6x3 embark and the FPS start to hate me again.

Apart from that, I honestly have to say that actual MasterWork flaws are all Vanilla-related.

For example (hope that Toady One will read someday):
  • if I were him, I would update the Justice system with a modern "quest system" with "widgets" for modders like you to interact with. I felt this problem in the "carp god" quest, it was very nice but informations about that was too fragmented
  • because of a too simple taming / animal training system, the fact you added many animals for trading made the game too simple for me. For example, I was very lucky and I had a legendary cook very early (maybe for a strange mood) and I was able to sell luxury food to buy dragons & magma hounds very early, but the "un-cage" and "tame+use+assign animal to person" part should be simpler (menus) and skill-related (no good tamer? no party). In the end, this is a fantasy game, so I would like to see more "skill requirements-related behaviours". Like some evolutions in the game that give you more workshop/buildings (like when you see lava for the first time) or blueprints like you did (great idea)
  • as a player, I dream about a DF menu (expecially build menu) revamping. The actual menu is clearly the consequence of many game add-ons, but some items (like tractor bench, etc) should be added in sub-menus, and handling menus for modders should be possibile for new developements of the game

Honestly, I think that MasterWork should be inserted into Dwarf Fortress default package and that Toady One should work with you or, at least talk with you about future releases.

Steam engine for me is the most important piece of work (I know you didn't do it) but also that should be added in the original game, for future purposes. Think the use for that who created "The Almighty Dwarven Calculator " ... Toady should add gases (like steam) as a fluid and make them behave like that (with volume-pressure stuff).

However, MasterWork overall experience is great for all extra items/creatures that are added in the game, and I actually just have seen 20% because I'm only barricaded into my castle, scared to death.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9490 on: March 01, 2013, 01:25:19 pm »

Ah, I figured it could be that thing. How are kobolds coming, any new breathtaking ideas :D? I guess there's no need to focus on elven tree submod until the next version comes out, so you can focus on orcs and kobolds.

I've replied to your frostbite thread, it's easy to make frostbite-killing enemies (but they are annoying, so restrict it to semi-/megabeasts).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9491 on: March 01, 2013, 01:37:08 pm »

@Nokao, I never spoke to Tarn, and I dont think he cares much about mods. Otherwise the game would be open-source and/or have full graphic support. I dont blame him, its his thing, he can do what he wants. He will definetly never work with anyone else on DF.

I'm only barricaded into my castle, scared to death.
Good. :)

@deon: Thanks, I will try to see what I can do with the white dragon. I did not plan it for enemies, but possibly mages/shamans in Kobold Camp, or as a weapon for the gnomes. The high-end tradepartner with hightech/steampunk stuff. "A dwarf equips a gnomish freezeray". Mh... now that I write it down, it looks too high tech. ^^ Other then that I want to improve the warlocks. So if I just make shades that have a killing-death touch freezing people to death, thats perfect. I give them no armor and a glass body, so every ranged shot shatters them. Forces people to use ranged units. :) I have shades with death touch lying around for just this, but freezing to death would be even nicer.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9492 on: March 01, 2013, 01:51:15 pm »

@Meph:
Yes I know, and even if in the beginning I was very unhappy with that, because I totally fell in love with this game, I saw on the forums and in the changelogs that he works so much (full time) on this project, so yes, it's better like this than an open source game with thousands of not motivated people.
However yes, he should definitely look into your mod to understand how make the game better, or at least more moddable. I can't even imagine the effort you are putting into improving this game only working on text files.

Yes, I'm scared to death reading at your manual and it took me 30 hours of game just to clean, dig, and adapt to my needs a pre-build conquered castle.
Now I have only 40% of buildings built, I miss all the "heavy industry" and all workshops (except mason&carpenter) that have to do with non-organic material.
This is because I'm waiting to find lava, but anytime I try to go down I get sieged up.

Few hours ago I assisted to an epic battle between my animal trainers + magma hounds against a group of ice blizzard wizards. With my archers shooting from fortifications. Really beautiful.

However I see that good fort building really stops sieges, enemies from outside don't know what to do.
So I could consider my game go be already over? Or new problems will come up from the inside or below?

I was attacked also by a forgotten beast wyrm-dragon type, but he didn't fly inside the castle from upside. He just killed all previous siegers that was waiting, blocked outside my walls.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 01:52:50 pm by Nokao »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9493 on: March 01, 2013, 02:07:52 pm »

If the game was C++ only, I would never have started modding. I like the text files, it should just be more of them. And maybe a tiny if/else function for the reactions, that would be handy. Or adding new professions/labors/skills. But hey, it works like it is.

How your fort will end or not is quite random, thats the nice part. Might be safe, might be... not so very safe. Underground sieges happen, but not many things can completely wreck you from the inside of your fort. I have 5 nice ideas lying around for this, but havent gotten around to it. Really tricky some parts. And as long as you dont eat meat and drink mead from your legendary dining hall build on the floors of hell, your game is not over. Not by far. Have you been to the third cavern yet? Found any facehuggers?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9494 on: March 01, 2013, 02:18:08 pm »

Also, the game as it is, is still incomplete. In the future you might find that a good fortress design is not enough when the besiegers get the ability to climb, dug or even tear down walls.

Also, even when is possible achieve some stability on a fortress, eventually you will need more resources, more space or simply curiosity will make you dig deeper or make wacky things like trying to cast a obsidian tower from water and lava.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 02:20:30 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 749