Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 673 674 [675] 676 677 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1776365 times)

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #10110 on: March 20, 2013, 03:42:33 pm »

*SNIP*

Could you or someone please make the Necromatic Sload from Elderscrolls and add them to your mod?

PLEASE??? (As an invading monster force)
and they raise your dead from their tombs to attack your fortress from within as well.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2h - New release with dfhack r3. And gnomes.
« Reply #10111 on: March 20, 2013, 03:59:48 pm »

Sload would just introduce a magical disease that destroys your fortress without ever appearing themselves on the map.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10112 on: March 20, 2013, 04:00:25 pm »

@meph - dude you rule!!!!! =D

i'm still going to keep chugging away on my 2f fort for a bit, though... between travelling for spring break... argh why can't i just take a month off to play df ;-)

@QuiteFranklyMyMaN - necromancers do that already.
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10113 on: March 20, 2013, 04:01:17 pm »

Sload would just introduce a magical disease that destroys your fortress without ever appearing themselves on the map.

yeahhh... couldnt you make them appear on the edge of the map while they introduce the disease to make it interesting?

:D

Genesis92x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10114 on: March 20, 2013, 04:21:29 pm »

I just want to make sure... Would I have access to the new buildings even if I don't generate a new world?

Really hoping I can continue my current save  ;)

If not, oh well!

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10115 on: March 20, 2013, 04:29:03 pm »

I just want to make sure... Would I have access to the new buildings even if I don't generate a new world?

If not, oh well!

I asked that 2 posts ago ... nope.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #10116 on: March 20, 2013, 04:41:25 pm »

Alarm Siren
Needs a mechanism to be build.
Reactions are free, but cause bad thoughts.
Can wake up sleeping dwarves and cancel parties/breaks.
Great for making your army ready in case of invasions.

This is swell.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Genesis92x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10117 on: March 20, 2013, 05:03:05 pm »

If not, oh well!

I asked that 2 posts ago ... nope.

Sorry man, I don't see your post :|

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10118 on: March 20, 2013, 05:22:23 pm »

Meph, are bone doors supposed to be magma safe in 2f ? or this is a bug ?

Also, I'm having many problems with ammunition.
I tryed everything, but I can't get out of it.

I make an example. To be sure to open all possibilities, I made an "archer" uniform.
I removed javelin trowers & new weapons by adding one bow and one crossbow to uniform. They all have both.
I gived correctly ammunitions. All archers have quivers. All archers have bolts OR arrows inside the quiver.
They still don't fire (trough a straight fortification), even if I unactivate + activate them, allowing re-equip.

Do someone have some trick or advice on fixing archers-equipping-related problems ?

MWDF seem to complicate things a bit with new ammunition and stuff, so could it possible that MWDF new items "block" correct ammunition equipment?
I was able to manage this in vanilla DF...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:27:07 pm by Nokao »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10119 on: March 20, 2013, 05:26:44 pm »

I only use 2 rules and never have trouble.

Don't ever mix weapons with different types of ammo in the same squad.  Also in vanilla, never use "any ranged" or mix bow and xbow.
Never set any ammo type to Training only.  (various ammo types mixed between C&T or C are ok)

>> so could it possible that MWDF new items "block" correct ammunition equipment?

Nope (except that it makes more possibilities for users to make mixed squads)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10120 on: March 20, 2013, 05:27:04 pm »

Nokao, thats actually your own fault. NEVER put ranged units using different weapons into the same squad. Granted, vanilla only has 3 types, bow, crossbow and blowgun, but even there you dont want bow-dwarves in a crossbow-squad. Just make one bow squad, and one crossbow squad. Assign ammo, make sure the ammo is both combat/training enabled (though the new dfhack fixes even that), and you are good to go.

Ranged units work perfectly fine, I was just running around gunning down raptors and alligators with cannons.

Edit: Sniped by smake, who said exactly what I said.

Edit: Types of ammo. Thats important. Arrows and Bolts = NO. Bolts, Hammerhead Bolts, Broadhead Bolts, Piercing Bolts = YES.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ahrimans Library Card

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10121 on: March 20, 2013, 06:09:17 pm »

I've got an idea for the Skaven. If possible, the ability to use highly unreliable machines to dig. It has a chance of doing something devestating, like burrowing into your barracks while your troops sleep, or perhaps just explode and send magma cascading into the troops behind it. It's probably too complicated to allow Non-Dwarfs to mine though...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10122 on: March 20, 2013, 06:49:37 pm »

uhh gnomes can't open doors, so I just went into (since advfort isn't hotkeyed in your version of dfhack)advfort and had my gnome lass dismantle the door to find 5 gnomes trap inside.
first time playing the new version so I might find some weird stuff later on.
 meph did you mess with advfort in any way because the ability to do jobs above and below you is now screwed up, and I can only do the upjob if I imput "5 +shift" and not "Shift +5" the order of the shift + 5 there so that I don't do the "5" job first which is directly the center tile of the adventurer. but with 5+shift now my unit will do the center job first then the upper job meaning my gnome has to tear down the stair and the floorhatch then craft a simple axe(which doesn't count as an axe and can't really chop wood), chop wood, use the logs to build a staircase to get to the second floor.

normally tearing down doors and floor hatches is FUN but when my adventurer has to juggle through controls that normally wasn't there before(when I ported over r3 to an older Masterwork this didn't happen) it leaves me a little concern.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:51:24 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10123 on: March 20, 2013, 06:51:11 pm »

I've got an idea for the Skaven. If possible, the ability to use highly unreliable machines to dig. It has a chance of doing something devestating, like burrowing into your barracks while your troops sleep, or perhaps just explode and send magma cascading into the troops behind it. It's probably too complicated to allow Non-Dwarfs to mine though...

I readed somewere that modders was waiting for new dfhack for digging siegers, now we'll see :D
... or die while trying to ...

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10124 on: March 20, 2013, 07:33:32 pm »

Do someone had any problem with spitting orchids ?

While seeding them, outside, my cemetery somehow gone rough and partial skeletons of my previous-dead dwarfes become spitting orchids themselves.

Is that a bug ? how can I get rid of this infestation ?
Pages: 1 ... 673 674 [675] 676 677 ... 749