Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 717 718 [719] 720 721 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1790693 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2h - New release with dfhack r3. And gnomes.
« Reply #10770 on: April 18, 2013, 02:00:46 pm »

Hey smake, how good is the orichalcum mail and deep bronze platemails? Cos I'm armouring up a bunch of Uruk in full deep bronze platemail+orichalcum mail and wanted to know how good it would be. (Also, i thing the superior orichalcum longsword at the ancient foundry should be changed to a katana. P.S just tried the spear auxilla kit in battle, it actually works brilliantly when stationed in support to the main fighters!)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10771 on: April 18, 2013, 02:07:42 pm »

Hey smake, how good is the orichalcum mail and deep bronze platemails? Cos I'm armouring up a bunch of Uruk in full deep bronze platemail+orichalcum mail and wanted to know how good it would be. (Also, i thing the superior orichalcum longsword at the ancient foundry should be changed to a katana. P.S just tried the spear auxilla kit in battle, it actually works brilliantly when stationed in support to the main fighters!)

Interesting you should ask, cause I just this:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Masterwork:Metal

They layer well, deep bronze should turn any blade short of iridium/addy, while orichalcum provides better protection against impact or non-penetrating slashes from inferior weapons.  The only down side is that'll be really heavy so if he doesn't have already some armor skill he'll be crazy slow.

Good idea, I will revisit the Foundry reaction list a bit, and thanks for report on auxilla kit :D

@Urmane, very nice project.  I feel like Olympus needs some caged semimegabeasts or something like that on display :)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 02:25:02 pm by smakemupagus »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10772 on: April 18, 2013, 02:32:17 pm »

Interesting. Doesn't matter about speed, I like slow moving melee warriors. Keeps them all in one spot. Hey, what's the best material against spears? I'm setting up a squad of hammer legionnaires next, so I'll let you know how they do.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10773 on: April 18, 2013, 02:53:06 pm »

I think spears still test first against shear strength, so it's similar to edge:  addy, (bifrost if you're a dwarf), iridium, welded mithril, deep bronze are all excellent  armors in that order. 

WM not straightforward to come by for orcs of course... It is a complicated chain but if you have access to WM bars (import?) and Dwarf foreign toolkits, steel, a Heavy weapons armory blueprint and the patience to manage stockpile links ... welded mithril plate is amazing, particularly since it's practically weightless.  There are a few of these floating around in the tutorial fort, Gimli was right, they are worth the value of the entire Shire indeed.

Other wise if you have Ancient foundry, boom, deepbronze plate.  If you don't mind the weight much it's basically just as good.

Followed by ashland glass, ebonglass, mithril, steel, orichalcum in some order that depends on the material of the spear, how much you care about maximizing pierce protection vs. preventing secondary bruising injuries, how much you care about weight, maybe other factors that escape my mind :D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 03:07:47 pm by smakemupagus »

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10774 on: April 18, 2013, 02:59:25 pm »

I has a question, on the settings screen, im using the Phoebus, and there is no colour for default, only default+ and default-, and I am extraordinarily picky, is there a way to set it to default?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10775 on: April 18, 2013, 03:15:28 pm »

Hey, I got a general question for other players. Do you guys separate your mundane weapons and the stuff like guns and magic into different armouries? I do. I keep one for the usual crap near the surface and a vault for all my goodies lower down.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10776 on: April 18, 2013, 03:24:36 pm »

Not there yet - everything is the usual crap so far :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10777 on: April 18, 2013, 03:27:08 pm »

default- is default. Its because of my lacking coding skills, when I replaced "default" it counted the "default"+ as well, so I made the keywords "default+" and default-"

Dont know if I made myself clear at all, but default- is what you are looking for. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10778 on: April 18, 2013, 05:24:04 pm »

LWCOYOTE: No ETA. I thought several times that NOW is the time to sit down and do some DF stuff, but just have a look at today: It took me 5h to read up on the forum, and post here and on reddit. Granted, I havent been here for 5 days, but still... maybe I get something done over the weekend.

Thanks Meph, I'll go ahead and start'r up without waiting =) Link to come!
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10779 on: April 18, 2013, 05:34:53 pm »

Um, can I be sieged from underground?  My first "vile force of darkness" appears to have arrived in the first set of caverns ... except that nobody showed up for the war.  I have "SIEGE" at the top of the screen, but there's no aggressors anywhere I can see on my map - map edge or interior, on the surface, in the caverns, ocean, or magma pool.  I've waited quite a while, and recheck, and nothing.  I even searched the skies.

Urist shrugs and rolls his eyes.  What's up?

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10780 on: April 18, 2013, 05:49:02 pm »

do you know who is invading you? I know before that if certain creatures or races had high ambushing skills they would siege invisibly. I think that might be what is happening to you. To "discover" or see them one of your dwarves has to be close to them and spot them similar to an ambush.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10781 on: April 18, 2013, 05:49:51 pm »

Antmen and trogs siege from underground.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10782 on: April 18, 2013, 06:01:24 pm »

As mentioned a few pages back, the Blast Furnace's batch reactions may need a going over.  As I understand it, 1 ore = 4 bars.
  • Batch of aluminum bars(12) - 3 ore = 12 bar   :)
  • Batch of brass bars(12) - 4 ore = 12 bar    :( :(
  • Batch of bronze bars(12) - 3 ore = 12 bar  :)
  • Batch of copper bars(12) - 3 ore = 12 bar  :)
  • Batch of iron bars(12) - 3 ore = 12 bar  :)
  • Batch of gold bars(12) - 3 ore = 12 bar  :)
  • Batch of pig iron bars(12) - 12 iron + 6 flux = 12 bar    :o :o  (shouldn't this be 12 iron + 12 flux + 12 coal ?)
  • Batch of platinum bars(12) - 3 ore = 12 bar  :)
  • Batch of silver bars(12) - 3 ore = 12 bar  :)
  • Batch of steel bars(12) - 12 pig iron + 6 flux + 12 iron + 8 coal = 12 bar  :o  :o (as mentioned earlier, 24 bars of metals should provide 24 bars of alloy and, of course, what about the flux and coal numbers)
  • Batch of tin bars(12) - 3 ore = 12 bar  :)
  • Batch of zinc bars(12) - 3 ore = 12 bar  :)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 06:06:42 pm by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10783 on: April 18, 2013, 08:46:31 pm »

Linux users:  stubbed in a Masterwork-specific wiki page to capture linux-specific details, here: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Masterwork:Linux

Have at it.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10784 on: April 18, 2013, 10:27:34 pm »

As mentioned a few pages back, the Blast Furnace's batch reactions may need a going over.  As I understand it, 1 ore = 4 bars.
  • Batch of aluminum bars(12) - 3 ore = 12 bar   :)
  • Batch of brass bars(12) - 4 ore = 12 bar    :( :(
  • Batch of bronze bars(12) - 3 ore = 12 bar  :)
  • Batch of iron bars(12) - 3 ore = 12 bar  :)
  • Batch of gold bars(12) - 3 ore = 12 bar  :)
  • Batch of pig iron bars(12) - 12 iron + 6 flux = 12 bar    :o :o  (shouldn't this be 12 iron + 12 flux + 12 coal ?)
  • Batch of platinum bars(12) - 3 ore = 12 bar  :)
  • Batch of silver bars(12) - 3 ore = 12 bar  :)
  • Batch of steel bars(12) - 12 pig iron + 6 flux + 12 iron + 8 coal = 12 bar  :o  :o (as mentioned earlier, 24 bars of metals should provide 24 bars of alloy and, of course, what about the flux and coal numbers)
  • Batch of tin bars(12) - 3 ore = 12 bar  :)
  • Batch of zinc bars(12) - 3 ore = 12 bar  :)
Mate, it's called slag and waste products. No metal refining process is 100% perfect and no ores are equal in purity.
Pages: 1 ... 717 718 [719] 720 721 ... 749