Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1776451 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2h - New release with dfhack r3. And gnomes.
« Reply #10830 on: April 21, 2013, 12:02:33 pm »

Well, I don't know how much it helps:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122867.msg4032252#msg4032252
chapter 2 shows hunting, but all i do is bow/arrows/quiver and enable the hunting labor

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10831 on: April 21, 2013, 01:11:54 pm »

stray mastiffs gone wild killing people on sight in my legendery dining hall... wtf?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10832 on: April 21, 2013, 01:33:58 pm »

loyalty cascade?  did you "accidentally" murder a trader or anything?

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10833 on: April 21, 2013, 02:07:40 pm »

loyalty cascade?  did you "accidentally" murder a trader or anything?

you probably mean the goblin ambush that raped my dwarven caravan....

another problem i've got is that dwarves just refuse to use the designated water source and prefer walking outside the wall altough i've set the orders and restricted the outside area the kidnappers are amassing an impressive amout of cheap workforce

anomaly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10834 on: April 21, 2013, 02:27:11 pm »

I had a huge problem with hunting until I realized the problem was having multiple types of weapons and ammo available to hunters.  They seem to equip ammo willy-nilly and thus end up having e.g. a bow with bolas in their quiver.  Restrict your hunters to one type of ammo and weapon if you are not.  If you are sure this is not the problem, it might be that hunters may not have access to game due to order restrictions or burrows, or there is no game. Some things hunters will not hunt, such as a few types of humanoids, ravens etc.

BanditoRazor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10835 on: April 21, 2013, 02:58:44 pm »

This might be the wrong thread, though I hope not (and my search fu has failed me)

I love the vampires in MWDF. However, I am wondering if there is a way to /lower/ the chances of them draining someone "dry"/killing their victims? I figure smart, long lived vampires would be less likely to leave bodies behind to be discovered but I still want say a 1 in 20 (for example purposes only) chance of them feeding to much/drinking too deeply.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10836 on: April 21, 2013, 03:05:38 pm »

BanditoRazor: No, I cant access that. Its the BLOODSUCKER tag, I can only turn it on or off.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BanditoRazor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10837 on: April 21, 2013, 03:37:23 pm »

Thank you for the quick reply. I wonder if concubines have the sleep tag... I'll have to look. But again, thank you for the quick reply.

Old Skool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10838 on: April 21, 2013, 03:44:54 pm »

Hey there -- I spent some time last night looking over this mod and would like to give it a run. I am guessing that I cannot piggyback a preexisting world / fortress into the mod?

Or should I just re-roll?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10839 on: April 21, 2013, 03:47:53 pm »

Ehm... well, the utilities and dfhack would work on your old one, but all the raw-changes need a new world. So in short, yes, you need a new world.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jonveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10840 on: April 21, 2013, 04:32:27 pm »

The second question of the current survey is difficult to answer.  Sometimes the fights are easy, sometimes the fights are hard.  There are so many variables involved to answer with a blanket "too easy" or "too hard."  I've had ambushes wither within the first moments of being engaged by my military, and others that effortlessly kill several of my veteran soldiers before falling into a pit trap where they proceed to dodge the retractable spears (five superior meteoric spears per tile) set on repeat for months, never once being struck.  May I inquire what changes you'd implement for each conclusion?  Would there be a way to create a difficulty option? 

(I can imagine something like goblins use rusty iron when set to one difficulty and steel if set to the higher option.  It could be within the same race -- commenting out one or the other material options -- or you could even make two separate entries for the goblin race which would even allow for people to enable both if they so wished to have two distinct tribes.  I know I often prefer to have goblin antagonists, over other enemy civilizations, but the goblins never raid/siege often enough to leave them as my dwarfs' only enemies.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10841 on: April 21, 2013, 04:36:23 pm »

I would add natural skills and higher-tier metals to invaders, as an option. I have the feeling that your poisoned rune-enchanted masterwork volcanic superior great axe wielding, rune-enchanted masterwork welded mithril steampower armor wearing, legendary legion dwarf does not have that many problems with... whatever really.

Edit: To clarify: I know it doesnt really matter if its optional anyway, but if 90% say that the fights are hard already, I wont add it. It would only be extra work for me, for something most people wouldnt use.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:51:41 pm by Meph »

anomaly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10842 on: April 21, 2013, 04:49:46 pm »

I would say that the fights are too easy with the caveat that some early ambushes are pretty hard to prepare for.  If I get an elf bowman ambush before the first big migrant wave I usually have a pretty bad time.  Once you get to mythic gear though there's not much that can stop you.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10843 on: April 21, 2013, 06:11:37 pm »

Speaking of fights, I just lost a beautiful embark site with at 37Z waterfall - yes, 37 Z!! - in the first year to metalwraiths.

I need to figure out how to turn off harder mining on linux ...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10844 on: April 21, 2013, 06:23:56 pm »

Remove inorganic_zwarpstone.txt. Thats what the GUI does, when you toggle harder mining. ;)

Had some fun testing webs...

Code: [Select]
[WEBBER:INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Spray web]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_TOKEN:LB]
[CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE:WEB_SPRAY]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:5]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:30]
[THICKWEB][WEBIMMUNE]

Adamantine strand shooting, traps enemies and can be gathered with the loom, for clothing or wafers. It amazes me, that it took me so long to figure out that webs can have different materials then just silk. One could imagine intricate little spiders-automatons weaving tiny golden webs... :) and I am fairly certain that poisonous webs are possible too. Or some that start fires when people step on them. :)

The script to fix gloves works beautiful btw, I can now add all these custom glove reactions back in that were missing. That finally allows plategauntlets as well :)
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 749