Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1429584 times)

Old Skool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2h - New release with dfhack r3. And gnomes.
« Reply #10845 on: April 21, 2013, 03:44:54 pm »

Hey there -- I spent some time last night looking over this mod and would like to give it a run. I am guessing that I cannot piggyback a preexisting world / fortress into the mod?

Or should I just re-roll?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10846 on: April 21, 2013, 03:47:53 pm »

Ehm... well, the utilities and dfhack would work on your old one, but all the raw-changes need a new world. So in short, yes, you need a new world.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jonveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10847 on: April 21, 2013, 04:32:27 pm »

The second question of the current survey is difficult to answer.  Sometimes the fights are easy, sometimes the fights are hard.  There are so many variables involved to answer with a blanket "too easy" or "too hard."  I've had ambushes wither within the first moments of being engaged by my military, and others that effortlessly kill several of my veteran soldiers before falling into a pit trap where they proceed to dodge the retractable spears (five superior meteoric spears per tile) set on repeat for months, never once being struck.  May I inquire what changes you'd implement for each conclusion?  Would there be a way to create a difficulty option? 

(I can imagine something like goblins use rusty iron when set to one difficulty and steel if set to the higher option.  It could be within the same race -- commenting out one or the other material options -- or you could even make two separate entries for the goblin race which would even allow for people to enable both if they so wished to have two distinct tribes.  I know I often prefer to have goblin antagonists, over other enemy civilizations, but the goblins never raid/siege often enough to leave them as my dwarfs' only enemies.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10848 on: April 21, 2013, 04:36:23 pm »

I would add natural skills and higher-tier metals to invaders, as an option. I have the feeling that your poisoned rune-enchanted masterwork volcanic superior great axe wielding, rune-enchanted masterwork welded mithril steampower armor wearing, legendary legion dwarf does not have that many problems with... whatever really.

Edit: To clarify: I know it doesnt really matter if its optional anyway, but if 90% say that the fights are hard already, I wont add it. It would only be extra work for me, for something most people wouldnt use.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:51:41 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

anomaly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10849 on: April 21, 2013, 04:49:46 pm »

I would say that the fights are too easy with the caveat that some early ambushes are pretty hard to prepare for.  If I get an elf bowman ambush before the first big migrant wave I usually have a pretty bad time.  Once you get to mythic gear though there's not much that can stop you.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10850 on: April 21, 2013, 06:11:37 pm »

Speaking of fights, I just lost a beautiful embark site with at 37Z waterfall - yes, 37 Z!! - in the first year to metalwraiths.

I need to figure out how to turn off harder mining on linux ...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10851 on: April 21, 2013, 06:23:56 pm »

Remove inorganic_zwarpstone.txt. Thats what the GUI does, when you toggle harder mining. ;)

Had some fun testing webs...

Code: [Select]
[WEBBER:INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Spray web]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_TOKEN:LB]
[CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE:WEB_SPRAY]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:5]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:30]
[THICKWEB][WEBIMMUNE]

Adamantine strand shooting, traps enemies and can be gathered with the loom, for clothing or wafers. It amazes me, that it took me so long to figure out that webs can have different materials then just silk. One could imagine intricate little spiders-automatons weaving tiny golden webs... :) and I am fairly certain that poisonous webs are possible too. Or some that start fires when people step on them. :)

The script to fix gloves works beautiful btw, I can now add all these custom glove reactions back in that were missing. That finally allows plategauntlets as well :)

jonveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10852 on: April 21, 2013, 06:28:39 pm »

> poisoned rune-enchanted masterwork volcanic superior great axe wielding, rune-enchanted masterwork welded mithril steampower armor wearing

Heh.  Forgot about all this.  I haven't played much with coated-weapons and power armor.  Those will definitely tip the balance in many cases.  However, isn't this already somewhat mitigated by the fact that, prior to such epic armament, dwarfs will be facing goblins, and by the time such things are available, the fortress will probably have met the wealth or population requirement to be invaded by frost giants and worse?  All of this said, I definitely like the idea of a harder option -- but, for me, there are a lot of things on your to-do list that I'd personally rather see implemented first.  That's my position on the matter. :)

(Totally unrelated:  what are your thoughts on something like a reaction that allows rye, coffee beans, and a barrel of milk to create a barrel of Irish coffee that provides a temporary [NOSLEEP] tag to those who drink it?)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10853 on: April 21, 2013, 06:33:02 pm »

The problem is that I usually have steel in the first year, and goblins arrive second/third year. The more you know about the mod, the more options you have. ;)

I'd love to do juice, coffee, tea... but there is only water and booze, no other liquids are used by dwarves.

jonveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10854 on: April 21, 2013, 07:19:06 pm »

> I'd love to do juice, coffee, tea... but there is only water and booze, no other liquids are used by dwarves.

It might not be the most perfect way to implement it, but couldn't you use a reaction that requires milk (similar to cheese making), the distillable plant, and the coffee plant to create an intermediate "plant" that could simply be called [Irish coffee fixin's] and that is what ends up brewed at the still to create the final drink?

Obviously one cannot create a non-alcoholic drink (particularly since dwarfs would not want it even if you could!), but I'm not sure I see anything wrong with a "spiked" tea -- or even pretending it's not alcoholic even if the game treats it as such.  It could be like your previous brewery reactions where you take a barrel of booze and combine it with an additional reagent (e.g. [tea leaves]) in order to make a new variety of drink.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10855 on: April 21, 2013, 08:03:18 pm »

Remove inorganic_zwarpstone.txt. Thats what the GUI does, when you toggle harder mining. ;)

Not quite - removing the file or any significant contents gives you popups like "Missing Inorganic Gloss: WARPSTONE_STABLE" and a crash.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10856 on: April 21, 2013, 08:30:42 pm »

Scratch that - removing the master raw works, removing only that file from the region gives the crash.  Play testing now.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10857 on: April 22, 2013, 01:04:11 am »

@meph - can you add welded mithril suits of armor to the armory next version, by any chance? =)
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10858 on: April 22, 2013, 06:05:07 am »

@Sayke: I could :)

@Urmane: Yes, changes in inorganic materials need a regen of a world.

@jonveck: I could just make a coffee/tea plant that makes "drinks", which per definition are alcoholic, but no one looking in the raws would know that. They would just see dwarves running to a stockpile, drinking a barrel of coffee. That would work.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10859 on: April 22, 2013, 07:22:40 am »

@Sayke: I could :)

@Urmane: Yes, changes in inorganic materials need a regen of a world.

@jonveck: I could just make a coffee/tea plant that makes "drinks", which per definition are alcoholic, but no one looking in the raws would know that. They would just see dwarves running to a stockpile, drinking a barrel of coffee. That would work.

resulting in a fortress with dwarves that never sleep
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 749