Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1775978 times)

jonveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2h - New release with dfhack r3. And gnomes.
« Reply #10845 on: April 21, 2013, 06:28:39 pm »

> poisoned rune-enchanted masterwork volcanic superior great axe wielding, rune-enchanted masterwork welded mithril steampower armor wearing

Heh.  Forgot about all this.  I haven't played much with coated-weapons and power armor.  Those will definitely tip the balance in many cases.  However, isn't this already somewhat mitigated by the fact that, prior to such epic armament, dwarfs will be facing goblins, and by the time such things are available, the fortress will probably have met the wealth or population requirement to be invaded by frost giants and worse?  All of this said, I definitely like the idea of a harder option -- but, for me, there are a lot of things on your to-do list that I'd personally rather see implemented first.  That's my position on the matter. :)

(Totally unrelated:  what are your thoughts on something like a reaction that allows rye, coffee beans, and a barrel of milk to create a barrel of Irish coffee that provides a temporary [NOSLEEP] tag to those who drink it?)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10846 on: April 21, 2013, 06:33:02 pm »

The problem is that I usually have steel in the first year, and goblins arrive second/third year. The more you know about the mod, the more options you have. ;)

I'd love to do juice, coffee, tea... but there is only water and booze, no other liquids are used by dwarves.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jonveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10847 on: April 21, 2013, 07:19:06 pm »

> I'd love to do juice, coffee, tea... but there is only water and booze, no other liquids are used by dwarves.

It might not be the most perfect way to implement it, but couldn't you use a reaction that requires milk (similar to cheese making), the distillable plant, and the coffee plant to create an intermediate "plant" that could simply be called [Irish coffee fixin's] and that is what ends up brewed at the still to create the final drink?

Obviously one cannot create a non-alcoholic drink (particularly since dwarfs would not want it even if you could!), but I'm not sure I see anything wrong with a "spiked" tea -- or even pretending it's not alcoholic even if the game treats it as such.  It could be like your previous brewery reactions where you take a barrel of booze and combine it with an additional reagent (e.g. [tea leaves]) in order to make a new variety of drink.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10848 on: April 21, 2013, 08:03:18 pm »

Remove inorganic_zwarpstone.txt. Thats what the GUI does, when you toggle harder mining. ;)

Not quite - removing the file or any significant contents gives you popups like "Missing Inorganic Gloss: WARPSTONE_STABLE" and a crash.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10849 on: April 21, 2013, 08:30:42 pm »

Scratch that - removing the master raw works, removing only that file from the region gives the crash.  Play testing now.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10850 on: April 22, 2013, 01:04:11 am »

@meph - can you add welded mithril suits of armor to the armory next version, by any chance? =)
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10851 on: April 22, 2013, 06:05:07 am »

@Sayke: I could :)

@Urmane: Yes, changes in inorganic materials need a regen of a world.

@jonveck: I could just make a coffee/tea plant that makes "drinks", which per definition are alcoholic, but no one looking in the raws would know that. They would just see dwarves running to a stockpile, drinking a barrel of coffee. That would work.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10852 on: April 22, 2013, 07:22:40 am »

@Sayke: I could :)

@Urmane: Yes, changes in inorganic materials need a regen of a world.

@jonveck: I could just make a coffee/tea plant that makes "drinks", which per definition are alcoholic, but no one looking in the raws would know that. They would just see dwarves running to a stockpile, drinking a barrel of coffee. That would work.

resulting in a fortress with dwarves that never sleep

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10853 on: April 22, 2013, 11:44:08 am »

Adamantine strand shooting, traps enemies and can be gathered with the loom, for clothing or wafers. It amazes me, that it took me so long to figure out that webs can have different materials then just silk. One could imagine intricate little spiders-automatons weaving tiny golden webs... :) and I am fairly certain that poisonous webs are possible too. Or some that start fires when people step on them. :)

Yeah, contact poison, ice (immobolize/chill enemy then melt), and pitch (liquid lignite or bituminous coal, prep for burning) webs all work nicely, I'm sure there are many others besides.  Adamantine, that will be nice :D

My original prototype for the Orcish flamethrower, a while ago, used pitch webs that I first saw in a pyromancer creature which I think you included from Dwarf Chocolate.  Combined with firejet it was DEADLY i.e., to everyone and everything, but sometimes including the target.  The more recent itemsyndrome Sapper's Flamethrower uses liquid globs of pitch which at least is slightly more likely to hit the target as opposed to the player's furniture stockpile.  But my new Wasp Hive and Cone of Cold spells still use webs.  It amazes me too a bit you didn't know this, since I learned it from your mod ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10854 on: April 22, 2013, 12:35:17 pm »

I had it at the back of my head (is that an actual English expression?) from the old spellbook thread, about ice/acid webs, but I personally never connected the thought with what I can do with it. I also noticed how the names changed... it wasnt a adamantine web, but adamantine strands... so maybe one could do "fire trap" and "ice trap" that look like webs.

How is the AI handling your flamethrowers and satchels and all that? Did you have time to test it in Fortress mode?

And the embassy is done and done. :) Forcing sieges, caravans and migrants... just have to think of a cost it should have. Probably coins. :)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10855 on: April 22, 2013, 12:56:46 pm »

No, there is so much new stuff in Orc 1.2x, between just the size of it, and doing quick fixes on the exploding buildings issue I've probably only gotten to half of it in fort mode. 

I keep playing the tutorial fort instead of testing, and my in-house beta tester keeps getting distracted by cobalt glass & ruby glass megaprojects.  She never raids humans, so I don't think she's ever seen the Heavy Weapons Armory ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10856 on: April 22, 2013, 02:17:36 pm »

Just a little teaser.

AirPhforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10857 on: April 22, 2013, 02:28:45 pm »

Can't wait!

Also, in respect to todays poll, I had about 20 total units that, alone, managed to fend off the circus invasion that was about 120 things strong. My 'army' was only copper bullet turrets, a few slade turrets, and about 10 prototype golems. The golems only started to fall at the very end when the hallway got so hot that their body parts started to melt. I've never beat this invasion before, and only triggered it because I was tired of that fort, so I was pretty surprised at my victory when all I had to do was pasture some animals and dig a tile.

Perhaps you could buff up those little horses I saw to specifically address this?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10858 on: April 22, 2013, 02:30:55 pm »

little horses I saw
what horses?

Procedually generated demons are random btw, if you get steam/ash ones you are lucky, they die from one hit. Or you have one that breathes fire and kills all the ice demons...

AirPhforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10859 on: April 22, 2013, 02:32:51 pm »

little horses I saw
what horses?

Procedually generated demons are random btw, if you get steam/ash ones you are lucky, they die from one hit. Or you have one that breathes fire and kills all the ice demons...

Nightmares I think? They had a specific tile so im pretty sure they were not procedural.
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 749