Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1776042 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2h - New release with dfhack r3. And gnomes.
« Reply #10860 on: April 22, 2013, 02:34:00 pm »

Ah, yes, I know what you mean. :)

The problem with the golems is that they dont bleed to death/pass out from pain. And demons usually dont have that many edged weapons. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

AirPhforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10861 on: April 22, 2013, 02:39:48 pm »

Oh one other comment

I've noticed that "Thunderbirds" seem to attack my forts in this version far more than any other mega/semi-megabeast. Are they just more common or do they just do better in the wild?

Kire93

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10862 on: April 22, 2013, 02:58:26 pm »

I started a new fort and encountered dragon raptors wearing silk shoes. Is this normal or a bug?

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10863 on: April 22, 2013, 05:43:42 pm »

@meph - would it be possible to either add defenses to gnomes, or at least make it toggle-able, or something? as it stands now they're *very* fragile, and if ambushes spawn near or on top of them, they die pretty instantly - and i have no idea how to stop that! i've tried a couple of fairly complicated things setups to no avail. if i make it so there's only one place that they can spawn, ambushes spawn right on top of them.

if you have any other suggestions i'd love to hear em! =)
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10864 on: April 22, 2013, 05:53:31 pm »

sayke, thats intended. Gnomes are super tiny, super weak, have no armor and no bodyguards. You can use watchtowers and patrols to guard the surface, or build a trader-only entry from the map-edge. Just wall of a 3-tile path. Closer to the mapedge you cant build walls, but you can build bridges that can be raised and used as walls. Tunnels also help a lot to guide traders safely to the fortress.

kire93, I dont see any problem with that ^^ No really, where did you see that? Bought dragon raptors from the elvse? Wild ones? Wild ones that spawned with clothing, wild ones that picked these things up? They do have arms and claws with a grasp tag, so they can pick stuff up.

AirPhforce, Maybe? Other people said that waterdragons are the most common megabeast. I say its random, different in each world.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10865 on: April 22, 2013, 06:30:35 pm »

My legendary stonebound vampiric swordsdwarf killed 21 of them on my last adventure mode play through of version H. I dont know if I thinned them out but it seemed like everytime i walked around the map I'd run into one.

EDIT
I just watched my smith inscribing runes on a chainmail shirt. Is that intended? I read that it was only breastplates.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 08:27:39 pm by Hefateus »

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10866 on: April 22, 2013, 08:40:04 pm »

Will the embassy be able to attract sieges and caravans to island fortresses?  Or will it still be dwarfs only on the islands?

fasquardon

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10867 on: April 22, 2013, 08:41:19 pm »

I think that it shouldn't discriminate. You should be able to get those things even on an island.

Jigglerumz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10868 on: April 22, 2013, 09:20:07 pm »

if I enable the human race as playable, are the Dwarf Cultists buildings still accessible for them?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10869 on: April 22, 2013, 09:22:29 pm »

No. It'd be easier to replace DWARF with HUMAN in the dwarf entity.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10870 on: April 22, 2013, 09:54:19 pm »

i just wanted to give quick shoutouts to smake and putnum, as well as of course meph, for answering so many questions in this thread. i'm sure that that sort of thing really increases the likelihood that people play this mod, thus encouraging meph to keep improving it, thus increasing the likelihood that more people will play it, onwards and upwards in a virtuous cycle!! =D
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10871 on: April 22, 2013, 10:25:22 pm »

:)

well, teaching is important!  as they say,
"Give a man a fire, you keep him warm for the night.  Set a man on fire, you keep him warm for the rest of his life."

Jigglerumz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10872 on: April 22, 2013, 10:51:42 pm »

No. It'd be easier to replace DWARF with HUMAN in the dwarf entity.

how i do dis/

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10873 on: April 22, 2013, 11:38:18 pm »

Entries in the raws called [OBJECT:ENTITY] control the civs that populate the world.  If you want to have all the same buildings but play as a different race the simplest way to do this is to change the CREATURE token within ENTITY:MOUNTAIN.  This is on line 18 of entity_default.txt. 

Note, this will remove the regular dwarven entity from the game.  You might want instead want to copy/paste it into a new file, rename it, and make more sophisticated changes.  You'll have to learn a bit about modding syntax to do this without screwing up, but it's still pretty simple.  (basically: copy stuff, remember that unique objects have to have unique names, and DON'T GUESS but rather check the wiki if you don't know what something does)

Since this is not really a Masterwork question, you might more likely get help in the big "Help modding" thread, or by starting your own thread in the modding forum, or asking Putnam to point you to the right place on the wiki for beginners info :)

Jigglerumz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10874 on: April 23, 2013, 12:02:58 am »

Entries in the raws called [OBJECT:ENTITY] control the civs that populate the world.  If you want to have all the same buildings but play as a different race the simplest way to do this is to change the CREATURE token within ENTITY:MOUNTAIN.  This is on line 18 of entity_default.txt. 

Note, this will remove the regular dwarven entity from the game.  You might want instead want to copy/paste it into a new file, rename it, and make more sophisticated changes.  You'll have to learn a bit about modding syntax to do this without screwing up, but it's still pretty simple.  (basically: copy stuff, remember that unique objects have to have unique names, and DON'T GUESS but rather check the wiki if you don't know what something does)

Since this is not really a Masterwork question, you might more likely get help in the big "Help modding" thread, or by starting your own thread in the modding forum, or asking Putnam to point you to the right place on the wiki for beginners info :)

kk done

i forget that part
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 749