Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1776172 times)

Kire93

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2h - New release with dfhack r3. And gnomes.
« Reply #10875 on: April 23, 2013, 01:33:50 am »

kire93, I dont see any problem with that ^^ No really, where did you see that? Bought dragon raptors from the elvse? Wild ones? Wild ones that spawned with clothing, wild ones that picked these things up? They do have arms and claws with a grasp tag, so they can pick stuff up.

They were wild. it was hilarious because the raptor was kicking a dwarf with his silk shoe until it fell down from exhaustion then then it would get back up and continue kicking. the raptor had to have fallen from exaustion at least 10 times lol

jonveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10876 on: April 23, 2013, 02:01:12 am »

> resulting in a fortress with dwarves that never sleep

Well, that's the point if you've got your dwarfs jacked on triple-strength coffee loaded with Bailey's.  You'd give the [NOSLEEP] syndrome a timer so it's not like a single sip would keep them awake permanently.  And the creation of the drink would have enough steps beyond regular brewing to warrant having a bonus effect.  That's what I figure, at least.

PS Meph, speaking of the first question in the current survey, wouldn't both names be incredibly easy to implement as a choice made through the launcher?  It'd be nothing more than a global find-replace, wouldn't it?  I've actually been thinking about going a step further and changing "welded mithril" to something like "mythril" for my personal game because I prefer shorter material names.

Raziel_Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10877 on: April 23, 2013, 02:17:48 am »

I have asked this question on multiple threads. I hate to ask here as well but maybe one of you knowledgeable dwarven masters might know this.
I am having trouble with the cheese production in workflow. Specifically the Masterwork booze belly goat cheese to rum production.

1. I could not get the milking of booze belly goats working. I attempted to use "workshop-job" to set the input material in the farmers workshop(as workflow does not differentiate from material types by default). It only showed the options greyed out to set the constraints (the i: Input item and m: Material).

2. I attempted to set this up in "workflow". I did the manual version (as the defaults were only for plain milk). The type I set to "liquid" and the Material to "creature->boozebelly goat->boozebelly goat milk".
Now this partially seemed to work even though the Limit (viewed in "workflow status") displayed as red and it would spam errors and stop production not tracking be it correctly (i.e. inconsistent suspension of the order).

3. I attempted to set up cheese next. After putting milk on repeat and attempting to add a constraint it always seems to claim if cannot find the input. Input I used liquid and material as boozebelly goat milk. It then would cancel claiming that "cancels Make Cheese: Needs unrotted  milk boozebelly goat milk.

What am I doing wrong, and how can I fix this?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:22:01 am by Raziel_Blaze »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10878 on: April 23, 2013, 02:26:11 am »

Raziel_Blaze: I saw that question before, but I dont know what to say. The first place you asked, falconnes workflow thread, seemed to be the best place to ask. I added the boozebelly goat, yes, but it works when you do everything manually. I do not know the code behind the workflow plugin. Maybe another user with more experience in using it can help you here. :)

jonveck: I have to draw the line at some point. A UI option for one name? Thats a bit much. I just wanted to know how many people know wolfram and how many tungsten. For continuities sake I'd say it will stay wolfram. People are used to the name by now, and it makes it easier to understand for new players. wolframite=>wolfram, instead wolframite=>tungsten.

Kire93: Thats odd ^^ But ok I guess... they definetely cant produce shoes, so he must have stolen it from somewhere.

sayke: You just wait a week. :P And in 3 weeks I am gone, travelling again. Finally. :) So less questions answered in that time.

Hefateus: Any metal armor goes. Platemail, Breastplate, Mailshirt, any special mood armor...

Putnam: Oh, nice, thats something useful. Civ exists, has no access to your site, but you can still force their units to spawn. Nice. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Raziel_Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10879 on: April 23, 2013, 02:54:33 am »

Thank you for the answer. I appreciate it. Also you said it works manually? Do you mean "workflow command" from the dfhack console interface? If so would someone know the the command. I have tried many combinations already (such as workflow count LIQUID_MISC:CREATURE/GOAT_BOOZE:BOOZE_MILK 20 10 "results in Connot find item type LIQUID_MISC:CREATURE)

Xardov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10880 on: April 23, 2013, 05:06:53 am »

Hi, one of my dwarves recently engaged a basilisk, and he's now listed as "sluggish".  He's been like this for over a season.  Is there any way to revert him back to normal?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10881 on: April 23, 2013, 05:34:52 am »

With manually I meant like normal people run a reaction. Farmers Workshop, milk a creature, make cheese. Good old fashioned DF, not hack magic. ;)

I have no entry of "sluggish" in the raws... but the basilisk freeze is permanent.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Xardov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10882 on: April 23, 2013, 06:01:44 am »

I have no entry of "sluggish" in the raws... but the basilisk freeze is permanent.

Aww, man!  Someone could have told me that before it freezed my two legendary fighters!

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10883 on: April 23, 2013, 07:45:18 am »

I think that it shouldn't discriminate. You should be able to get those things even on an island.

Now...  THAT just offers all sorts of cool opportunities.

It will make playing on an island alot more interesting...

And thankyou Putnam.

fasquardon

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10884 on: April 23, 2013, 09:08:05 am »

First this has to be tested. ;)

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #10885 on: April 23, 2013, 12:40:13 pm »

Umm ... caravans, yes.  Sieges, most definitely not.  The purpose (sole purpose?) of embarking on an island is to avoid the military constraint while learning all the other stuff (as in, ALL THE OTHER STUFF!). 

If you're looking for a volunteer -- I'm currently learning MWDF (ALL THE OTHER STUFF!) before embarking a new MW succession game.  So, if an embassy brings caravans w/o sieges, I'll d/l, embark on a reasonable island and post results.  With the clear understanding beforehand that there is absolutely no guarantee of quality of results.   :)

Of course, if it's possible to do this with Perfect World Gen, I just need somebody to forward to me the baby step instructions. 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10886 on: April 23, 2013, 12:59:32 pm »

It sounds like it will let you controllably bring sieges, seems like the best of both worlds for an island sandbox.  Invite your enemies only once you are ready.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10887 on: April 23, 2013, 01:59:20 pm »

Yes, exactly. I can even test is very, very easily, its just 10mins or so.

Jimboo, you can turn invaders completely on/off with the UI, first page of the settings. This can be done in a running game, just save, quit, toggle invaders, open DF again. You can play 10 years without invaders, then turn them on if you like to. No regen required.

jonveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10888 on: April 23, 2013, 02:41:48 pm »

> I have to draw the line at some point. A UI option for one name? Thats a bit much.

@ Meph:  No doubt.  I was just brainstorming, so to speak.  Part of it is that I was shocked when I ran across someone who did not know how to institute a population cap outside of Masterwork and your launcher -- I forget that there are plenty of people utterly unfamiliar with how to make changes to the raws (or init files!).  Like people trying to figure out how to replicate the "no invaders" through major modifications without realizing it's already in the (vanilla) game.  And I mentioned it simply because your mod has always been all about giving a ludicrous number of options to the player. :)

(Actually it's been long enough since Chem class that I forgot that tungsten was derived from wolframite.)

Looking forward to V.2i.  With your departure in a few weeks, does it look like it will be ready before you leave?  And, because I've never flat-out asked and I know the sentiment is probably shared by a number of people here:  is there any way any of us could help you with anything?

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10889 on: April 23, 2013, 03:43:47 pm »

@meph
thanks for the answer to my question a few pages back,i only have a chance to get online once a week.

i actually added volcanic bars (left them out of dwarven reactions) already,i forgot i already new the answer,but havent had time to test it.

@gamerlord
ive played around with undead civs,but they will attack slaves in adventure mode,and you wont be able to tame any pets that lack the not living or opposed to life tag, i was going to add a interaction that they would all have that would allow them to turn friendlies into undead.either with a breath attack or a touch interaction (like cat bumps). it would also be interesting to play with castes to give you intelligent/unintelligent castes. also a pet that has blood but wont be attacked,to allow bloodsuckers to feed.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 03:46:46 pm by Isngrim »
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 749