Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1772269 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2h - New release with dfhack r3. And gnomes.
« Reply #10890 on: April 23, 2013, 06:26:03 pm »

Masterwork DF V.2i:

NOTES: I wanted to write the Guilds/Mage system into this release as well, but the dfhack script does not seem to work yet. Patience is needed. There is also a slight bug concerning autosyndrome, it is what made some buildings deconstruct. I fixed this temporarily by only using fire-safe buildmats in these workshops. If anyone still has buildings that deconstruct, please leave me a PM.

Briess/Locriani was kind enough to make a Masterwork namespace on the wiki. This means the official dwarf fortress wiki now includes a separate section for MDF. I encourage everyone to have a look and see if you can chime in on the creation. I will give more infos about this later next week.

Dwarf mode only got some balancing, Kobolds next to nothing, Orcs a major update, and with AdvFort adventure mode should offer more options now.

Dfhack
 - Added autofixhandedness.rb, allowing custom gloves to be made, done by Kurik Amudnil
 - Added autobutcher with custom UI, done by robert heinrich
 - Added 2 more utility plugins, done by falconne
 - Added 3 modder plugins for custom ammo, events and syndromes, done by Putnam

Readme and more information: Autobutcher and Utility plugins.

Wiki
Official Masterwork Wiki (almost completely empty atm)

GUI
 - Removed meteoric button (because its super rare now)
 - Removed concubine button (dont exist anymore)
 - Added Embassy button, toggles Dwarven Embassy Workshop
 - Added English Dwarves button, switches language files to plain english. Urist McUrist = Dagger McDagger
 - Turning Orc Mode on automatically turns gnomes off, for balancing reasons.
 - Fixed a bug. Switching from Kobold Mode to Orc Mode, without turning Kobolds off,  left stone undiggable.
 - Moved Manual links to the top, added icons.
 - Added a donation link. (paypal)
 - Moved utility buttons

Spoiler: GUI Screenshot (click to show/hide)

Balancing & Bugfixes
 - Fixed deconstructing buildings. YEAH. (no more exploding temples and such)
 - Fixed right-click mouse crash. (dfhack related)
 - Fixed 'e' from unit selection in military screen crash. (dfhack related)
 - Fixed "build slade turret" reagents.
 - Fixed "butcher living rock" reaction.
 - Removed "make boulder from blocks" reaction.
 - Brass Batch 16 making now produces 16 bars, instead of 12.
 - Pig Iron Batch 12 making now needs 12 iron, 6 flux, 6 coal. (50% less coal/flux then the normal reaction)
 - Steel Batch 12 making now needs 6 pig iron, 6 iron, 3 coal and 3 flux. (50% less coal/flux then the normal reaction)
 - The Armory can now upgrade gauntlets to plate gauntlets.
 - Metal Armorsets now need 2 bars more and include 2 gauntlets.
 - Leather Armorsets from the tailor now need 1 leather more and include 2 gloves.
 - Bought crates with armorsets now include gauntlets.
 - Added gem, volcanic and bifrost gauntlets
 - Added clear, green and crystal glass gauntlets
 - Removed "copy blueprint" reaction, it could easily be exploited for high-value tradegoods.
 - Human and Gnome ethics are now equal, to prevent their caravans from fighting each other.
 - Patternwelded Metals, Orichalcum and Deep Bronze can no longer be ordered from caravans.
 - Meteorite is a lot rarer.
 - Removed concubines.
 - Removed iridium. All iridium replaced with Orichalcum.
 - Nerfed bronze statue. No longer lockpicking, no longer webimmune, only spawns in 3rd cavern.
 - Nerfed bifrost edge. Was a typo, one 0 too much.
 - Buffed volcanic. TORSION/SHEAR/BENDING_FRACTURE values were missing one 0.
 - Buffed Wolframs Shear values by a factor of 100.
 - Nerfed mithril. Its a little bit heavier now. 10x candy-weight, welded mithril 3x candy-weight.
 - Padded gloves and padded boots can now be worn under boots/gauntlets. Probably. ^^
 - Added [LEATHER] and [ITEMS_LEATHER] to rigid scaleplate and suede. Is now stockpiled correctly.
 - Armorsets in the Armory now need fuel. 5 coal, 3 less then if done in the forge.
 - Wheelbarrows and Minecarts can now be made of rock.
 - Fixed ironhand/ascii tool file for kobolds. Cauldron/ladles/mortat/pestle from wood were only possible in Phoebus.
 - Fixed "brew pig tail" reaction in brewery. It produces "drink" instead of "dwarven ale".
 - Fixed the spam messages from the lifemancer speed boost spell.
 - Removed any_land from sea serpent, sea monster and water dragon.
 - Nerfed bolts/arrows. Wooden arrows no longer pierce steel armor, and it makes the new ammo types more intersting.
 - Removed all biome tokens from armored animals except horses. No more wild steelclad sauropods. :P
 - Removed oil sand.
 - Fixed Alarm Siren hotkey. Was the same as the colosseum hotkey. Is now ALT_X.
 - Added Embassy Workshop. Hotkey Shift_V.
 - Fixed a typo in the weapon attack description.
 - Fixed superior mace attacks, accidently had the attacks of the legendary version.
 - Added    [CANOPENDOORS] to Gnomes.
 - Changed the buildmats for the magic buildings a little. You need less materials, but one magic item for each.
 - Trade these items (dwarven rune, grimoire of death, tome of life) from caravans, just like before.
 - Changed altar and temples buidmats a bit. You need ceremonial statues for the first, ceremonial totems for the second.
 - Build a shrine, make ceremonial statue. Build an altar, make ceremonial totem. Build a temple.
 - I made this simply to ensure people starting with an altar, then a shrine, then a temple.
 - Fixed netherbark leather. Is now stockpiled correctly and accepted by the military uniform templates.
 - Slightly changed bush tiles and grass color.

Adventure Mode
 - Added claimsite script
 - Ctrl-T starts the advfort script.
 - This means you can build a fortress as an adventurer.
 - You can dig, fell trees, build workshops and run reactions.

More info: See this post in the dfhack thread

Utilities
 - Isoworld updated.

Orc Fortress
 - Updated to 1.28b
 - This is a MASSIVE update.

Kobold Camp
 - Fixed wooden tools not appearing in ascii/ironhand version

New Feature
 - Embassy. Invite caravans, migrants and diplomats or declare wars and challenge megabeasts.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jonveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2i - Embassy, Orcs and AdvFort.
« Reply #10891 on: April 23, 2013, 07:56:48 pm »

Sad to say, I'm getting massive errors from the launcher.  I click a button and either it doesn't recognize the path of the file it means to alter (and I tried renaming the default "Dwarf Fortress" folder to "DwarfFortress" to no avail), or gives me an "Unhandled exception" error complaining that value cannot be null and parameter name: input.  If screenshots will help diagnose the problem, let me know.

Puddingkuchen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10892 on: April 23, 2013, 09:07:33 pm »

Sad to say, I'm getting massive errors from the launcher.  I click a button and either it doesn't recognize the path of the file it means to alter (and I tried renaming the default "Dwarf Fortress" folder to "DwarfFortress" to no avail), or gives me an "Unhandled exception" error complaining that value cannot be null and parameter name: input.  If screenshots will help diagnose the problem, let me know.
Can confirm.
Also no ":Yes" or ":No" suffixes on all buttons.

Kazymir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10893 on: April 23, 2013, 09:22:45 pm »

Can confirm.
Also no ":Yes" or ":No" suffixes on all buttons.
Same here. Also, attempting to change playable race crashes the launcher.
We must not look at Goblin Men
We must not buy their fruits
Who knows upon what soil they've fed
Their hungry, thirsty roots?

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10894 on: April 23, 2013, 09:42:38 pm »

Just one more in case its needed :) .. Errors all over the place here as well.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10895 on: April 23, 2013, 09:56:06 pm »

This reminds me it's possible to chain 4 units together using a drag command script though making a living serpent out of a conga-line of monsters seems really silly for a megabeast.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10896 on: April 23, 2013, 10:38:31 pm »

omg this looks like a fantastic update... but... errors!! something is wrong =/
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

SuicideRey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10897 on: April 23, 2013, 11:52:27 pm »

Yep, unfortunatelly nothing works for me in the launcher, waiting on update...

mkmr

• Bay Watcher
  • [INCOMPETENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10898 on: April 24, 2013, 01:28:49 am »

Damn my laziness, for the only way I'm going to play this version properly is if I have a usable GUI.

Sorry dude, but I'll still download for support.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10899 on: April 24, 2013, 02:12:53 am »

Okay, I think I may know what the problem is. I think the Settings thing is searching in the wrong places for all the files.

Raziel_Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10900 on: April 24, 2013, 03:28:09 am »

After looking through the decompiled exe I noticed "LoadAll" doesn't t seem to be called before using the references it set other than "DefaultsButton_Click", "LoadSettingsToolStripMenuItem", and "ReloadParamSetToolStripMenuItem_Click". It also look as if out of those 3 only "LoadSettingsToolStripMenuItem" gets called somewhere within the set of the property.

Maybe it just needs to be called on the forms load. I will try to find the source code and confirm this.

The reason I am thinking this could be the issue is that the error seems to be coming from the refs set within LoadAll.

I have also decompiled the old settings exe and can see LoadAll called in "MainForm_Load" which I cannot find in the new one.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:41:08 am by Raziel_Blaze »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10901 on: April 24, 2013, 05:23:22 am »

Settings.exe Hotfix

I was streamlining the Settings as you can see, deleted one entry I needed... it doesnt work atm because it tries to find the files using the file structure of MY pc. The file structure on yours is of course different. It was a quick fix, and here it is. I will re-upload the mod with it in a few minutes.

Let me know if it works now for all of you. It has a 40% smaller filesize and the manual/utilities should be more accessible now.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 06:34:41 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2h - New release with dfhack r3. And gnomes.
« Reply #10902 on: April 24, 2013, 05:33:20 am »

New version up including the fixed settings. Sorry for the inconvenience, but since the error only showed up on other PCs I didnt notice it. You can download only the Settings.exe here.

Masterwork DF V.2i:

NOTES: I wanted to write the Guilds/Mage system into this release as well, but the dfhack script does not seem to work yet. Patience is needed. There is also a slight bug concerning autosyndrome, it is what made some buildings deconstruct. I fixed this temporarily by only using fire-safe buildmats in these workshops. If anyone still has buildings that deconstruct, please leave me a PM.

Briess/Locriani was kind enough to make a Masterwork namespace on the wiki. This means the official dwarf fortress wiki now includes a separate section for MDF. I encourage everyone to have a look and see if you can chime in on the creation. I will give more infos about this later next week.

Dwarf mode only got some balancing, Kobolds next to nothing, Orcs a major update, and with AdvFort adventure mode should offer more options now.

Dfhack
 - Added autofixhandedness.rb, allowing custom gloves to be made, done by Kurik Amudnil
 - Added autobutcher with custom UI, done by robert heinrich
 - Added 2 more utility plugins, done by falconne
 - Added 3 modder plugins for custom ammo, events and syndromes, done by Putnam

Readme and more information: Autobutcher and Utility plugins.

Wiki
Official Masterwork Wiki (almost completely empty atm)

GUI
 - Removed meteoric button (because its super rare now)
 - Removed concubine button (dont exist anymore)
 - Added Embassy button, toggles Dwarven Embassy Workshop
 - Added English Dwarves button, switches language files to plain english. Urist McUrist = Dagger McDagger
 - Turning Orc Mode on automatically turns gnomes off, for balancing reasons.
 - Fixed a bug. Switching from Kobold Mode to Orc Mode, without turning Kobolds off,  left stone undiggable.
 - Moved Manual links to the top, added icons.
 - Added a donation link. (paypal)
 - Moved utility buttons

Spoiler: GUI Screenshot (click to show/hide)

Balancing & Bugfixes
 - Fixed deconstructing buildings. YEAH. (no more exploding temples and such)
 - Fixed right-click mouse crash. (dfhack related)
 - Fixed 'e' from unit selection in military screen crash. (dfhack related)
 - Fixed "build slade turret" reagents.
 - Fixed "butcher living rock" reaction.
 - Removed "make boulder from blocks" reaction.
 - Brass Batch 16 making now produces 16 bars, instead of 12.
 - Pig Iron Batch 12 making now needs 12 iron, 6 flux, 6 coal. (50% less coal/flux then the normal reaction)
 - Steel Batch 12 making now needs 6 pig iron, 6 iron, 3 coal and 3 flux. (50% less coal/flux then the normal reaction)
 - The Armory can now upgrade gauntlets to plate gauntlets.
 - Metal Armorsets now need 2 bars more and include 2 gauntlets.
 - Leather Armorsets from the tailor now need 1 leather more and include 2 gloves.
 - Bought crates with armorsets now include gauntlets.
 - Added gem, volcanic and bifrost gauntlets
 - Added clear, green and crystal glass gauntlets
 - Removed "copy blueprint" reaction, it could easily be exploited for high-value tradegoods.
 - Human and Gnome ethics are now equal, to prevent their caravans from fighting each other.
 - Patternwelded Metals, Orichalcum and Deep Bronze can no longer be ordered from caravans.
 - Meteorite is a lot rarer.
 - Removed concubines.
 - Removed iridium. All iridium replaced with Orichalcum.
 - Nerfed bronze statue. No longer lockpicking, no longer webimmune, only spawns in 3rd cavern.
 - Nerfed bifrost edge. Was a typo, one 0 too much.
 - Buffed volcanic. TORSION/SHEAR/BENDING_FRACTURE values were missing one 0.
 - Buffed Wolframs Shear values by a factor of 100.
 - Nerfed mithril. Its a little bit heavier now. 10x candy-weight, welded mithril 3x candy-weight.
 - Padded gloves and padded boots can now be worn under boots/gauntlets. Probably. ^^
 - Added [LEATHER] and [ITEMS_LEATHER] to rigid scaleplate and suede. Is now stockpiled correctly.
 - Armorsets in the Armory now need fuel. 5 coal, 3 less then if done in the forge.
 - Wheelbarrows and Minecarts can now be made of rock.
 - Fixed ironhand/ascii tool file for kobolds. Cauldron/ladles/mortat/pestle from wood were only possible in Phoebus.
 - Fixed "brew pig tail" reaction in brewery. It produces "drink" instead of "dwarven ale".
 - Fixed the spam messages from the lifemancer speed boost spell.
 - Removed any_land from sea serpent, sea monster and water dragon.
 - Nerfed bolts/arrows. Wooden arrows no longer pierce steel armor, and it makes the new ammo types more intersting.
 - Removed all biome tokens from armored animals except horses. No more wild steelclad sauropods. :P
 - Removed oil sand.
 - Fixed Alarm Siren hotkey. Was the same as the colosseum hotkey. Is now ALT_X.
 - Added Embassy Workshop. Hotkey Shift_V.
 - Fixed a typo in the weapon attack description.
 - Fixed superior mace attacks, accidently had the attacks of the legendary version.
 - Added    [CANOPENDOORS] to Gnomes.
 - Changed the buildmats for the magic buildings a little. You need less materials, but one magic item for each.
 - Trade these items (dwarven rune, grimoire of death, tome of life) from caravans, just like before.
 - Changed altar and temples buidmats a bit. You need ceremonial statues for the first, ceremonial totems for the second.
 - Build a shrine, make ceremonial statue. Build an altar, make ceremonial totem. Build a temple.
 - I made this simply to ensure people starting with an altar, then a shrine, then a temple.
 - Fixed netherbark leather. Is now stockpiled correctly and accepted by the military uniform templates.
 - Slightly changed bush tiles and grass color.

Adventure Mode
 - Added claimsite script
 - Ctrl-T starts the advfort script.
 - This means you can build a fortress as an adventurer.
 - You can dig, fell trees, build workshops and run reactions.

More info: See this post in the dfhack thread

Utilities
 - Isoworld updated.

Orc Fortress
 - Updated to 1.28b
 - This is a MASSIVE update.

Kobold Camp
 - Fixed wooden tools not appearing in ascii/ironhand version

New Feature
 - Embassy. Invite caravans, migrants and diplomats or declare wars and challenge megabeasts.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2i - FIXED EXE - Embassy, Orcs and AdvFort.
« Reply #10903 on: April 24, 2013, 07:09:51 am »

Have wine and mono set up on linux (Gentoo), but trying to run Settings.exe looks like it throws errors trying to load any file.  The paths look correct in the error popups, with the exception that it uses forward slashes up to the Dwarf Fortress directory (probably just directly copying a string returned from an internal "getpwd()" type call?), and backwards slashes down through subdirs.  Not sure if that's significant, and I don't know enough about how wine/mono is translating directory pathnames to go further.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2i - FIXED EXE - Embassy, Orcs and AdvFort.
« Reply #10904 on: April 24, 2013, 07:11:32 am »

Hey, forgot to ask earlier - a golem showed up with the King last game, but just wandered around aimlessly.  Can they be interacted with at all?  There didn't seem to be anything I could "do" with him ...
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 749