Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1776203 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2i - FIXED EXE - Embassy, Orcs and AdvFort.
« Reply #10920 on: April 24, 2013, 11:20:07 am »

Gets better. You know how I use Strand Extraction for the religious buildings, and the beekeeper also tends to all the other insects, like hiveable spiders, silk moths and such?

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Kire93

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10921 on: April 24, 2013, 11:58:55 am »

Does this mean you can add new professions? or just rename old ones?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10922 on: April 24, 2013, 12:02:01 pm »

Rename old ones. I am currently compiling a list of things I can rename without taking away from vanilla. New professions would be extremely awesome, but this will have to do. It is a lot more then I could do before ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Kire93

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10923 on: April 24, 2013, 12:06:19 pm »

Wow this next update should be awesome

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: April 24, 2013, 12:11:53 pm »

Feature request - something more to do with vermin.  I catch a bunch, but then cannot do anything interesting with them.

"Make hors d'oeuvre - Squirrel"

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10925 on: April 24, 2013, 12:19:35 pm »

@meph - awesome!!!

would it automatically change in dwarf therapist, as well, so that they don't use inconsistant names?
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10926 on: April 24, 2013, 12:39:06 pm »

Sayke: No. ^^

Urmane: You can extract extracts from live vermin. Otherwise they have no use, other then room decorations/zoos. I cant use them in reactions, so you have to at least give me an idea about what to do with them. I dont think I can even declare them as reagents... not entirely sure about that, never tried.

Kire93: Hey, I just made an update ^^

Here the list:
|Woodcutter|Woodcutter| ==>> Lumberjack (sounds better?)
|Bowyer|Bowyer| ==>> rename to "ranged weapons dude" (skill is crossbow-making. Makes all ranged weapons from wood/bone)
|Ambusher|Ambusher| ==>> rename to "hunter" (skill is hunting, after all)
|Animal Caretaker|Animal Caretaker| ==> Completely free for anything. Not used in vanilla DF. (used to armor animals in MDF)
|Fish Dissector|Fish Dissector| ==> Almost free. Makes extracts from live vermin.
|Animal Dissector|Animal Dissector| ==>> Almost free. Makes extracts from live fish.
|Trapper|Trapper| ==> Almost free. Could be used for other trap-related things, like poisoning.
|Grower|Grower| ==> Farmer (skill is Farming, after all)
|Herbalist|Herbalist| ==> Might also be used for poisoning/more plant related stuff.
|Strand Extractor|Strand Extractor| ==>> Priest, Apostle.. skill will be "praying" or similar religious based thing. Candy strands will be extracted by a metalworker.
|Soaper|Soaper| ==>> Completely free, since I can alter the soapmaking reactions.
|Potash Maker|Potash Maker| ==>> Almost free. Has two "make potash" reactions attached. Could be renamed to "chemist"
|Lye Maker|Lye Maker| ==>> Almost free. Has this one "make lye" reaction attached. Could be renamed to "chemist"
|Wood Burner|Wood Burner|  ==>> Almost free. Has this one "burn wood" reaction attached.
|Potter|Potter|  ==>> Completely free, since I can alter the kiln reactions.
|Wax Worker|Wax Worker|==>> Completely free, since I can alter the craftsman reacions.
|Pump Operator|Pump Operator| ==> Could be renamed to "Machine Operator", for tech-buildings.
|Tanner|Tanner| ==>> Completely free, since I can alter the tanner reactions. The leatherworker could take this job.
|Presser|Presser| ==>> Completely free, since I can alter the screw press reactions.
|Beekeeper|Hivekeeper| ===>>> rename to "hivekeeper", since MDF include different types of hiveable insects. (actual name would be Apiarist, but no one would know what that means)
|Glazer|Glazer| ==>> Completely free, since I can alter the kiln reactions. The potter could take this job for example.
|Clothier|Clothier| ==>> Tailor (sounds better?)
|Miller|Miller| =>> Completely free, since I can alter the quern/millstone reaction.
|Thresher|Thresher| ==>> Plant Processor? (or rename labor to: Threshing).
|Druid|Druid| =>>> Completely free, but has no labor attached. Use for magic castes.
|Alchemist|Alchemist| ==>> Completely free
|Building Designer|Building Designer| ==> Architect (skill is Architecture after all)

|Cheese Maker|Cheese Maker||Milker|Milker||Shearer|Shearer||Spinner|Spinner| ==>> These have one job attached, but I dont know if renaming would even make sense.

So in the end I can use "alchemy, miller, glazer, potter, presser, tanner, wax worker, soap maker, strand extractor and animal caretaker" for whatever I like, as long as I give the previous jobs to other skills.
I can use "lye maker, potash maker, cheese maker, milker, shearer, spinner, pump operator, wood burner, trapper and fish dissector" for whatever I like, as long as it fits the ONE reaction they already have.

These ones always bothered me when playing, because I could never remember which is which:

Process plants: (Rename to process plants to thread, OR "Make thread from pig tail/rope reed")
Process plants (to bag): (Rename to process quarry bush, OR "Make leaves from quarry bush")
Process plants (to barrel): (Rename to process sweet pods, OR "Make syrup from sweet pods")
Process plants (to vial): (Rename to process valley herbs, OR "Make Golden Salve from Valley Herb")

They can be renamed to allow players to see directly which reaction does what.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10927 on: April 24, 2013, 12:44:08 pm »

Question - while looking at my fishing place, I couldn't help noticing the bobcats moving idly around ... on the bottom of the river.  Is that normal?

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10928 on: April 24, 2013, 12:54:22 pm »

Another question - one can pick up a golem heart from a drow caravan for about 200 dwarfbucks ... but that's not the golem heart needed for Magma Golem Forge.  The drow diplomat negotiation seems to have "golem heart" also listed under "Toys".  Is that correct?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10929 on: April 24, 2013, 12:55:13 pm »

Meph, would this effect the DFHack copy of Dwarf Therapist?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10930 on: April 24, 2013, 12:59:09 pm »

Meph, would this effect the DFHack copy of Dwarf Therapist?
The what? I have no idea how any of this affects anything, because no one has done it before. I dont think so, because the russion/japanese translation uses the same tool, and I guess they run dfhack/therapist just fine. But really, no idea.

Urmane, you make double posts all day long. Please use the edit button now and then.

Drows should have the golem heart only under "misc", but I take it you play the older linux version? That would have a useless toy-golem-heart relic, I fixed it after one version. Bobcats can swim, so why not dive? They certainly shouldnt be able to breathe underwater...

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10931 on: April 24, 2013, 01:06:10 pm »

Just looked it up and a crossbow maker is called an "Artillater" (Which nobody would understand), but someone who makes bows and crossbows in general is called an "Archery Technician", (Which might be better understood) Personally, the titles of "Bowyer", "Gunsmith" and "Siege Engineer" pretty much fulfill my semantic needs for who makes which type of ranged weapon.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Kire93

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10932 on: April 24, 2013, 01:41:26 pm »

is version .2h save compatible with .2i?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10933 on: April 24, 2013, 02:00:16 pm »

I could go for "firearm maker" or "ranged weaponsmith", and then use it for the Gunsmith Furnace I have. I can rename the vanilla workshops as well. It would finally make him useful. I just always found it strange that he is called bowyer, while dwarves have no access to bows.

Kire93: No, updates never are.

Mr. Orange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10934 on: April 24, 2013, 02:29:53 pm »

I seem to have a slight issue when using workflow in conjunction with the Brewery & Still. When I want to automate a specific drink job, I can't select that specific drink as the output when adding the constraint. It only shows me the other outputs of that job, which are seeds and a boulder of alcohol vapor, :-). So I figured that maybe your custom buildings don't play well with dfhack workflow, but it works just fine with the Timber Yard.

Any clues on what I am doing wrong or is this the wrong place to ask?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 02:34:08 pm by Mr. Orange »
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 749