Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1791204 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2i - New Poll - Embassy, Orcs and AdvFort.
« Reply #11160 on: April 28, 2013, 08:00:35 pm »

I would love to have them all in one world, with players having multiple forts of different races, but it cant be done. Especially not with the undiggable stone.

I don't advocate for it being the "default" setting, but I tweak enable Dwarves and Orcs in the same world all the time; I like having the option to play multi forts of either race in the same world, and siege each other. 

I don't mind too much that direwolves or boreal tubers inhabit the world in that case, there are so many plants and creatures that can be turned on or off in the masterworks settings that a half dozen one way or the other don't really faze me :)

shoobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11161 on: April 28, 2013, 08:05:47 pm »

Why would you take away silver from Tetrahedryte??  That was one of the biggest draws of the metal.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11162 on: April 28, 2013, 08:54:38 pm »

Tavern design... dont know about it yet, it should thematically fit to the trade depot... what do you guys think?

smake: yeah, orcs and dwarves kind of work... but kobolds break it.

shoobs: I honestly dont remember. But I assume that I had a valid reason for that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

shoobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11163 on: April 28, 2013, 09:07:52 pm »

I might be overreacting a bit but embarking on a map that only has tetrahedrite in it above the caverns made me happy...until I noticed it only made copper.  Which to me is subpar if I don't atleast have tin with it.  Who wants to fight an entire army with the worst metal available?

Tinsplint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11164 on: April 28, 2013, 09:15:31 pm »

The Tavern design looks nice. The color for the barrels seem a bit off to me, and the instrument in the middle of the floor kind of bugs me for some reason but I don't see a way of changing that without making it bigger. Just my two cents.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11165 on: April 28, 2013, 09:21:42 pm »

Yeah, colors are difficult. I cant change the dark background of the barrels, I tried to make them as wooden as possible... and the instrument has always a floor background. Its in the center because the chair above it is used by dwarves when they run reactions in the tavern. Most of them will be playing music. :)

I also had a go at what is possible with the decorations I build in. I made two examples. A throneroom and a garden... just a showpiece so that people know what they can build now. :)

EDIT: Oh, and I could move this one reaction the "Alarm Siren" has to the garrison. I think it would make perfect sense if the military garrison can sound the alarm, and I could delete the alarm siren. I never liked having one building for one reaction.

EDIT: Ha! Tavern is done. And I remoddeled the storage unit, which is now called "Trade Storage"

« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:53:46 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Noozeelander

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11166 on: April 28, 2013, 10:55:10 pm »

Just had one of my orcs murder my shaman, and no crime's being reported. The chain is set up to be used by justice, the deed was witnessed (as in I got a notifcation about it) and an executioner was appointed, yet no one seems to want to do anything my poor shaman :( is this a known bug?

EDIT: Another orc knocked over the mason's workshop, still no vandalism crime
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:56:49 pm by Noozeelander »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11167 on: April 28, 2013, 11:00:24 pm »

Orcs have different ethics, but I think they should still punish murderers... besides, the justice system cant be modded, so it is nothing that smakemupagus (orc mod creator) did break. In short: I dont know.

EDIT: ARgh, Jonveck, I forgot to answer you. About toolkits and golems: Golems have nothing to do with them... golems are still done by transforming dwarves. Toolkits build landmines and turrets.

EDIT2: Thats for tomorrow:
Musician stays on stage, with custom graphics.
// needs musician creature, immobile, 12 castes.
// castes have different songs.
// change inorganics, transform. 1 month.

//Arcane dwarf transform.

//Move Alarm Siren to garrison.

//update GUI.

//update manual.

That should keep me busy, especially the manual part. -.- I love manuals. -he said, sarcastically.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 11:17:04 pm by Meph »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Hi Noozeelander.  I've had crimes reported and processed in my forts, including the Orc fort tutorial thread, so I don't know what's up.  Since justice can't really be modded I don't even know what I could have broken.

Usually by the time my forts are big enough to have crime, I have a Huscarl.  So I can't say 100% sure that the Executioner works.  But, the Executioner definitely has [RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_ENFORCEMENT] token (which as far as I know is pretty much all we can do).

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 01:50:19 am by smakemupagus »

Ombragon

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLEEQUICK][CRAZED]
    • View Profile

I want to know, there is a way to disable the standardized material ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

No, they are a fundamental part of the mod, resulting in the biggest FPS boost. Since they change basic materials and creatures, most industries rely on these specific materials. If I would make them optional, I would have to rewrite/write two versions of many, many reactions.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11171 on: April 29, 2013, 07:41:11 am »

EDIT2: Thats for tomorrow:
Musician stays on stage, with custom graphics.
// needs musician creature, immobile, 12 castes.
// castes have different songs.
// change inorganics, transform. 1 month.

//Arcane dwarf transform.

//Move Alarm Siren to garrison.

//update GUI.

//update manual.

Yeah, Music System is done. :) The bards stay in the tavern now while they play, for 1 month. They boost everyone in a 25 tile radius, and everyone who hears the song will keep the boost for 1 month.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FYI, verified running Settings.exe on linux using wine and mono, and verified the settings work in-game.  I've consolidated the instructions on the wiki here: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Masterwork:Linux

Got my first concubine :)

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Really looking forward to the new changes.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11174 on: April 29, 2013, 10:13:39 am »

I might be overreacting a bit but embarking on a map that only has tetrahedrite in it above the caverns made me happy...until I noticed it only made copper.  Which to me is subpar if I don't atleast have tin with it.  Who wants to fight an entire army with the worst metal available?

Hi Shoobs.  In the Masterwork mod, tetrahedrite produces copper and some iron (instead of silver), IIRC. 
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 749