Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1776432 times)

Xardov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Meph, is there a way to re-enable vanilla-like goblin sieges?  And is there a fix for the Minotaur civilization not being created?  I even increased the number of civilizations to 150, and still had no effect... and the only FD Defense races I have enabled are - Jotuns, Stranglers, Werewolves, Ferric Elves, Nightwings, Furies, and Minotaurs. (All the Masterwork races are enabled except for antmen, and I have bandits and deep drows on.)

EDIT: Using V.2i

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Vanilla Goblins, no... And I dont know anything about the Minotaurs, they are a fortress defense race. I didnt write the raws. But figuring out problems with entities is a lot of work... you never know which part exactly doesnt work. Are you sure they are not just killed off in worldgen? Did you check legends or export the world details?

@ALL: I made a few random things to pass the time... added some rare tattoos to the unit description for dwarves, added some more links to the GUI and changed a few vanilla wordings ingame for more info. You can now see the skill lvl with the dwarf directly. I did this because even I never could remember of "competent" is better then "adept" is better then "talented" is better then "skilled". This way you know for sure. :)

Spoiler: GUI links (click to show/hide)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Yeah, I set it to "level X" for the next version of Fortbent.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Little idea, maybe add an option to decrease the different kinds of vermin in the GUI? Leave one of each kind (rots food, makes honey, spins webs) but less variety. Might speed FPS a little.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Vermins teleport, they dont pathfind. They have no real bodyparts and no combat simulation... as far as I know vermin dont really slow the game down... besides, lowering the amount of vermin types will probably not do much to change the vermin total amount. Not sure about that one though.

EDIT: WAIT A SECOND. This option already exists, in the creature section :P You can toggle some vermins in and out ^^

@Putnam: Good to see that I am not crazily changing things that others will find strange.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Oh, cool. It's just one of those tabs has things missing so I thought that i may as well try and think up options to fill the spaces.

A question: can you set up dfhack so that a song or sound plays when certain events happen? I would LOVE to hear the Doom theme playing when the circus is breached.

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi Noozeelander.  I've had crimes reported and processed in my forts, including the Orc fort tutorial thread, so I don't know what's up.  Since justice can't really be modded I don't even know what I could have broken.

Usually by the time my forts are big enough to have crime, I have a Huscarl.  So I can't say 100% sure that the Executioner works.  But, the Executioner definitely has [RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_ENFORCEMENT] token (which as far as I know is pretty much all we can do).

The executioner absolutely works. Had a crime in a small desert orc tribe I was making. Executioner grabbed random animal trainer, dragged him to an iron chain next to an obsidian pillar in the center of the village (to set an example for.other orcs, obviously!

He then grabbed a wolfram axe and hacked the trainers leg off. A bit excessive, really, he was already jailed. Miraculously, the trainer didn't bleed to death.

The executioner does work though! :p
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yeah, I can use soundsense for all kinds of stuff. Coestar, a voiceover artist: http://www.youtube.com/user/Coestar recorded about 130 announcements for me once, I have them lying around here. "A golem has been created" and stuff like that, I wanted to use this before I settled on the transformation pause/refocus.

I could also add mp3s to the Tavern. When your dwarf plays a song, a MP3 is played. I made a test of this once, with the Morrowind theme, that worked. :)

Dont know... I kind of put these sound things on the backburner, just like the graphics stuff with the HD 64x64 tileset. It would also be a rather huge download, since mp3s are a lot bigger then the usual txt a mod includes. ^^

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 08:48:48 pm by Meph »

Xardov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vanilla Goblins, no... And I dont know anything about the Minotaurs, they are a fortress defense race. I didnt write the raws. But figuring out problems with entities is a lot of work... you never know which part exactly doesnt work. Are you sure they are not just killed off in worldgen? Did you check legends or export the world details?

Heya, yeah I opened it in Legends Viewer and sure enough, no minotaurossi created or died.  Also - when you say that Vanilla goblins can't be re-enabled, do you mean there just isn't a button for it in the Masterwork GUI, or it can't be changed because its somehow hardcoded into the Masterwork mod?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Just a heads up, I made a new isoworld release, if you want to update the version that's in your mod. Basic functionality is the same but there's more tilesets.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Does anyone have an idea of how to use isoworld?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

And is there a fix for the Minotaur civilization not being created?

Just a standard random embark, medium everything, MDF races plus badgerman, pandashi, minotaurs
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 12:08:23 am by smakemupagus »

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@meph - you might want to change "leafs" to "leaves" in that plant-processing menu! otherwise, awesome =)
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

What issue are you having?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

What issue are you having?
How do I get it to do anything?
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749