Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1776165 times)

Xardov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And is there a fix for the Minotaur civilization not being created?

Just a standard random embark, medium everything, MDF races plus badgerman, pandashi, minotaurs

Which pre-gen is this?  Garden of Gaia or just normal "Create a new world'?  Because "Create a new world" never works for me, DF always crashes. =/

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Meph,

I'm loving your mod. I'm not a super computer saavy guy and have a lot of trouble with files and where they need to go etc. I had a little trouble getting soundsense to work the first time because it kept opening a window asking me to find gamelog.txt. Anyway, found that, got it working.

So, this is my first post here, and I had 2 questions right off. I was using your version H just fine, but now am having trouble because I don't see the "data" folder in the MasterworkDF master folder anymore. Basically, I start a lot of worlds and delete them until I find what I like. Now I cannot find the folder that has "region1" or any of my saves so that I can delete them.

Secondly, is there a way to just UPDATE your mod as opposed to deleteing the old folders and re-downloading the whole thing? Just curious if I am missing the "update" button or if this is the only way to do it.

Thanks so much for your hard work on this, and I have really enjoyed your version h. I tend to nevver get past a couple years, but I have fun losing :)

Xardov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Meph,

I'm loving your mod. I'm not a super computer saavy guy and have a lot of trouble with files and where they need to go etc. I had a little trouble getting soundsense to work the first time because it kept opening a window asking me to find gamelog.txt. Anyway, found that, got it working.

So, this is my first post here, and I had 2 questions right off. I was using your version H just fine, but now am having trouble because I don't see the "data" folder in the MasterworkDF master folder anymore. Basically, I start a lot of worlds and delete them until I find what I like. Now I cannot find the folder that has "region1" or any of my saves so that I can delete them.

Secondly, is there a way to just UPDATE your mod as opposed to deleteing the old folders and re-downloading the whole thing? Just curious if I am missing the "update" button or if this is the only way to do it.

Thanks so much for your hard work on this, and I have really enjoyed your version h. I tend to nevver get past a couple years, but I have fun losing :)

Your save files are found under the directory - \Masterwork Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\data\save
Not sure of a way to update though, each time I've just re-downloaded the whole thing, what with there being new raws and everything, it's not going to affect your current save, so why not just re-download?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Does anyone have an idea of how to use isoworld?

What issue are you having?
How do I get it to do anything?

Export all detailed maps from DF. then load them with isoworld.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I can use soundsense for all kinds of stuff. Coestar, a voiceover artist: http://www.youtube.com/user/Coestar recorded about 130 announcements for me once, I have them lying around here. "A golem has been created" and stuff like that, I wanted to use this before I settled on the transformation pause/refocus.

If you have stuff recorded by Coestar (who is awesome!) you gotta find some way to include it!!! <3
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Meph,

Your save files are found under the directory - \Masterwork Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\data\save
Not sure of a way to update though, each time I've just re-downloaded the whole thing, what with there being new raws and everything, it's not going to affect your current save, so why not just re-download?

Thanks, but I have looked several times and I don't have a "Dwarf Fortress" folder inside the root folder "Masterwork Dwarf Fortress"...

I see that when you download the .rar file that there is also a Dwarf Fortress root folder that is seperate from the Masterwork folder, but never have seen the use for that. Regardless, it doesn't start inside the Masterwork folder. Should I put it in the master work folder?

I created a world and saved it, and it is not in that separate "Dwarf Fortress" folder. I have no idea where it is.

As far as re-downloading, that's fine, I do it, but it seems kind of odd to have to do that as opposed to just having some kind of way to just overwrite the old files... When I redownload it, then do I just replace the old folder? I keep my folders on my desktop. I suppose that way is fine, just seems counterproductive to have to download everything all over again, plus the fact that the only way you'll know if there is a new version is by checking the forums.

I understand if it's a pain in the butt to make an updater. I have no clue what that would take to work.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:09:44 am by CheeseHolePete »

cainiao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks, but I have looked several times and I don't have a "Dwarf Fortress" folder inside the root folder "Masterwork Dwarf Fortress"...

I see that when you download the .rar file that there is also a Dwarf Fortress root folder that is seperate from the Masterwork folder, but never have seen the use for that. Regardless, it doesn't start inside the Masterwork folder. Should I put it in the master work folder?

I created a world and saved it, and it is not in that separate "Dwarf Fortress" folder. I have no idea where it is.

As far as re-downloading, that's fine, I do it, but it seems kind of odd to have to do that as opposed to just having some kind of way to just overwrite the old files... When I redownload it, then do I just replace the old folder? I keep my folders on my desktop. I suppose that way is fine, just seems counterproductive to have to download everything all over again, plus the fact that the only way you'll know if there is a new version is by checking the forums.

I understand if it's a pain in the butt to make an updater. I have no clue what that would take to work.
My guess is Meph have change a lot of things that make savefiles are not backward compatable.
You need to restart a game anyway.

Xardov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13907487/tosave.png

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13907487/tosave.png

That information gives me the impression that the actual "Dwarf Fortress" folder must be kept outside the "Masterwork" folder.

In your original response you said.. "Your save files are found under the directory - \Masterwork Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\data\save"

So, can i (or even should I) put the Dwarf Fortress folder inside the Masterwork folder?

What If I just want to play Vanilla DF? Not sure If I need 2 copies of Dwarf fortress going or what. Not that I'll probably play Vanilla, but I may have the urge to.

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 05:00:08 am by CheeseHolePete »

Xardov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That information gives me the impression that the actual "Dwarf Fortress" folder must be kept outside the "Masterwork" folder.

In your original response you said.. "Your save files are found under the directory - \Masterwork Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\data\save"

So, can i (or even should I) put the Dwarf Fortress folder inside the Masterwork folder?

What If I just want to play Vanilla DF? Not sure If I need 2 copies of Dwarf fortress going or what. Not that I'll probably play Vanilla, but I may have the urge to.

When I downloaded Masterwork DF, I created a file called "Masterwork Dwarf Fortress" and unzipped the contents of the ZIP into that file. 

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah ok, thanks. I had 2 "Dwarf Fortress" folders on my desktop and I think thats where it got screwed up. I went ahead and got rid of both of them and jusyt unzipped the recently downloaded one again.

everything seems cool now. Thank you very much, I appreciate your time.  Funny enough, I can actually play Dwarf fortress better than I can manage files and folders and hierarchies and all that. That stuff gives me a headache.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Hey Meph, shift the topic over to the new subforum!

EDIT: Okay, what's happened with the Slag Pit? It isn't accepting any of my querns to build it!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 08:44:14 am by Gamerlord »

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

gamerlord, need to edit the appropiate raws/buildings_ find the building, and remove the [FIRE_BUILD_SAFE] from the quern in the list of building materials. this also applies to the grate on the crematorium, and i think something on the crucible.

Few minor bits of feedback for v.2i

Farming library does not allow you to train grower skiller.

bloodcheese does not get moved to food stockpiles that allow all cheese types.

timberyard: the metal tree refining actions give extra seeds, is this intended
    tree crop -[cut farmed]-> logs + seeds -[refine]->metal+seeds

brewery: make fuel reaction uses up an entire barrel of booze irrispective of the quantity (and i presume the same for mineral oil but not tested). Presume that this should use a fixed ammout of mineral oil and alchol.

Can the temple blessing be made simular to the music stage reaction so you can leave a priest on blessing duty on auto-repeat without eating all your raw materials.

Is it possible to put the building documentation the building sizes and entrance direction if highly restricted. (for things like the large temples can see ingame until you have all the required custom building materials, and then you find they don't fit in the spaces you have left in the fortress for them).

Is it possible to document what (if any) exact stockpile setting can be used to store some of the new item types, parhaps as part of the building dscription that makes them. (e.g. ink, velum, parchment, essays/books, caged monsters, clockwork parts, blueprints, fishing nets/rods, platinum souls [finished goods/type:tools/metal:platinum] etc)

Issues with some building requireing fireproof grates/querns where tag does not seem to be allowed.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 09:09:00 am by drayath »
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I will answer everything in here a bit later today and then lock this thread. You can keep posting if you like till then.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

So, will you make a separate "Release Thread" and discussion thread, to keep things clean, and so you can post changelogs without any distractions?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749