Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: possible adventure bug? or maybe I died too soon  (Read 761 times)

polpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
possible adventure bug? or maybe I died too soon
« on: August 13, 2006, 02:41:00 am »

I'm not sure if this was intended or not?

I saw two big squares of detailed terrain.
if it was on purpose, maybe you should change the random generation of trees/pillars to something more pillar-like as opposed to tree-like

I died right after cause I accidentaly hit shift-z and slept until they killed me

//edit

hmm actually it does not like very tree-like at all. there are a lot more pillars. Maybe if you just made the base not so uniform? I dont know how you have objects set up in your game, but either adding a couple extra detailed floors around the edges or taking some away would make it look less like some screen error. Or maybe just a couple of complete walls?

[ August 13, 2006: Message edited by: polpoint ]

or maybe those are just the mathematicaticus ruins and they have to have perfect dimensions & angles

[ August 13, 2006: Message edited by: polpoint ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: possible adventure bug? or maybe I died too soon
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 02:46:00 am »

Do you mean the random placement of the pillars?  That was intentional, the scattered random pillars.  It's one style of ruin, there are others and will be more.  I'm going to have some ordered looking temple things at some point coming up.  Titans shouldn't live in caves like beasts.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!