Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 74

Author Topic: Re: Luigi Quest: TAKEOVER BY THE FFSCC! Create a new game! See last page  (Read 120202 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Luigi Quest
A suggestion game

Hello, Bay 12! If this is your first time here, let me explain a few things. Luigi Quest is my only long-running suggestion game, and the main counterpart to my longest-running game in general, Mushroom Kingdom Wars. I started Luigi Quest near the start of 2012 as an exercise to improve my laughable art skills, and it's evolved into my favorite forum game to run. I've been stunned by the amount of support it's received, especially by other GMs.

The story is the same as Mushroom Kingdom Wars, only instead of being heroes trying to save Mario, Luigi and Peach, you play as Luigi himself, who attempts to get free on his own time and go on multiple action-packed journeys. Along the way, he makes new friends, participates in RPG-style battles and unravels a dark story revolving around the far past of the Mushroom Kingdom. But most importantly, he has fun!

The original opening post and a navigation for the chapters lies below. I hope you enjoy reading through the game half as much as I've enjoyed writing and drawing it.

Your name is LUIGI MARIO.

What is your name?

TUTORIALS! This game has gotten rather complex in terms of combat and mechanics, so I'm going to catalogue all the relevant mechanics right here.

Spoiler: Dice rolls (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Items and abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Command changes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Special Zones (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zones (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shifting (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)

Prologue
Prologue Part 1: Castle Escape - Starts here!
Prologue Part 2: Stardust Fields
Chapter 1: Enter the Beanbean Kingdom
Part 1: Hoohoo Mountain
Part 2: Soldier for His Kingdom
Part 2.5: Blast from the Past
Chapter 2: An Incomplete Quest
Part 1: To Beanbean Castle
Part 1.1: Waluigi's Introduction: The Heist
Part 1.2: Grimtoad's Introduction: Koopa Capture!
Part 1.3: Heroes' Introduction: Save the World!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 08:54:35 am by freeformschooler »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: You are Luigi
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 06:44:37 pm »

Your name is FORSAKEN, for too long have you been hidden in the SHADOWS of your UNDESERVING BROTHER. Soon that will CHANGE, and then your name will be KING, nay, EMPEROR!

But for now, just LUIGI, when talking to others.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 06:44:54 pm »

Urist McPlumber.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 06:46:02 pm »

MARIO LUIGI

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 06:47:05 pm »

Your name is LUIGI MARIO.

What is your name?

Clearly your name is MARIO LUIGI.

FAKEEDIT: Damn it. Ninja'd.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 06:48:21 pm »

LUIGI LUIGI!

And y'know what, We're sick of being the one pushed around. Time to show EVERYONE who's the badass one!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 07:19:46 pm »

>Your name is FORSAKEN, for too long have you been hidden in the SHADOWS of your UNDESERVING BROTHER. Soon that will CHANGE, and then your name will be KING, nay, EMPEROR!

No, bro, your name is LUIGI MARIO. Why would you think it was FORSAKEN? What a weird name.

It's true, though. You've been lying in the shadows for far too long. But sitting around in a locked cage in Bowser's Castle for a couple of weeks makes things like your petty feud with Mario seem pretty trivial. All you wanted to do was save the princess. But that Bowser guy couldn't accept defeat. Now you're all three stuck here.

A couple of nearby PODOBOOS leap out of the lava below your cage. You've really gotten to like these guys in the time you've been here. You don't know a lot about them, though, since it's hard to hold a conversation when they're only in the air for a second or so per leap.

What will you do?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 07:23:28 pm »

Yell out to see if bowser is there.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 07:25:30 pm »

Crawl through the incredibly spaced out bars.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 07:28:10 pm »

Pull the lockpick out of your mustache and get out!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 07:44:15 pm »

Walk on the lava like a certain religious leader, minus the water and with lava!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 07:53:52 pm »

>Crawl through the incredibly spaced out bars.
>Yell out to see if bowser is there.

What, you think you haven't tried that? Again and again? These bars are spaced apart the exact amount of molecules to make it impossible to fit through them. There's no way you would get through.

And even if you did, then what? One slip on your trademark Mario Brothers Jump (tm) and you would be fried by the lava. Maybe your brother is reckless enough to try it, but not you.

You consider yelling down to Bowser at his throne. But he's not at his throne! He and Kamek are off investigating that Origin thing, leaving his throne room empty. But that's not really any of your concern. All you want is to get out of here.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 08:02:55 pm by freeformschooler »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 07:55:07 pm »

Take your two fiddles. Throw one out. Play a haunting tune on the second one.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 08:03:35 pm »

Switch to Mario and see what the Hell is going on.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 08:19:30 pm »

>Switch to Mario and see what the hell is going on.

Yup, poor guy's here too. Bowser placed your cages just about four feet apart. Close enough to chat, but far enough apart to miss each other a little more every day.

You can't control him, though. This isn't "You are Mario", is it? No, this is your story. You, Luigi.

You hear someone running through Castle jingling about some keys. It's probably one of the new Koopa Troop recruits, here to serve you your daily meal of slop. You hate that slop, but you eat it anyway because you're hungry.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 74