Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

X-COM UFO Defense with a twist (the twist being that I suck.) Game 2 of ∞

(1/27) > >>

Criptfeind:
So my fr... Pe... Bay12ites. I have decided something. That something is that I will, at great personal cost (about two bucks) play a game for you.

You are welcome.

But really, since Steam said "here, have all the X-COM games for two bucks!" I said sure. And now I do. So. I am going to Let's play the first one because that is the only one that I can get to work. Now. Onto the game.

X-COM UFO Defense is a super old game (18 years or so) from MicroProse, In it you watch powerlessly at humans are wiped out by a alien invasion. Or at least that is what I do. I hear tell that some people fight the aliens, but I am pretty sure they are lying. Now, this will not be a "blind" LP because I have already "played" five game.

I use the term played lightly. The first game I was unable to keep up with the tech of the aliens and they shot down all my jets, the second game was much the same AND china joined with them. The Third game all my forces were wiped out attacking a base and on the fourth game one of the basic aliens (think little gray guys) killed my tank and eight guys by himself. The fifth game, and the only one I did not rage quit, I will not go into too deeply, but suffice to say it ended within a month of game time.

Once I die or rage quit (not likely, I am willing to last to the bitter end on this one) or get told it is hopeless I will restart the game if there is still interest.

Anyway, as watchers you can do two main things.

The first and most entertaining is claiming a guy. You can tell me what you want me to call them (I don't know if it is possible to rename blokes, but if it is please someone tell me), how they like to die fight and  what weapons you want. These guys will last for a average of .75 missions, so once you die feel free to grab another.

Secondly and most importantly. You can give me advice. Since I obviously suck, I will most likely listen to you in the most hilariously incompetent way ever. I will take advice on basically everything. Starting with where to put our first base and what to call it. Also what difaculty to put it on. I want to put it on the easiest possible, but if you guys want us all to die a lot quicker then I guess I can bump it up some.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not that it has to be in Asia. I just needed a place to screen shot.Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Go go go!

Also I got a patch so some things (I have so far noticed starting base lay out... And how I move the globe around, but you guys can't see that anyway) will be different.

Spoiler: The walking dead (click to show/hide)Player/Name/Rank/Kills
Sirus/Sirus/Sargent/.5

Spoiler: The soon to be walking dead (click to show/hide)Player/Name
Spoiler: The dead dead (click to show/hide)Player/Best Rank/Kills/Deaths
Criptfeind/Who cares/2/2
JacenHanLovesLegos/Door opening clone/1.5/2
Mormota/Rocket Tank/0/1
hexedmagica/Babby/0/1
Dsarker/Deadly Coward/2/1
EuchreJack/Babby/1/1
JacobLee/Rock Chill/1/1
kerlc/Gentleman/Only one. But it was a good one/1
DinosaurusRex_x/Sargent/3.5/1
Thranx/Babby/0/1
Itnetlolor/Babby/1/1

Dsarker:
Our base name will be NERV-01/Tokyo-3. We will be based in Japan.

HIGHEST DIFFICULTY!

DinosaurusRex_x:
You will die very fast at Superhuman.  This is from back in the days when 'hard' actually meant 'hard'.

I suggest Experienced for more fun.

I want you to start a dude who has a high health and aim skill with an auto-cannon armed with High Explosive rounds.  For his side arm you can give him a stun rod.

Most of the time I want him to shoot on auto, especially at large groups or when you suspect them to be inside ships or whatever.

Southern USA is usually the best place to put your first base in imo.

EuchreJack:
I dunno about the United States.  I've had a few bases get invaded by the aliens in the first month starting there.

Mormota:
Northwestern tip of Africa is pretty good. And make me a sniper. Or a tanker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version