Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 724885 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #6660 on: October 15, 2012, 09:45:49 am »

Doesn't that count as some form of voter coercion, and thus is an offence by some form of Federal law? Admittedly I don't know much about the US legal system, but I don't see much difference between this and threatening bodily harm if you don't vote for X. I'm sure that somebody could make a good case against these people, and judging by these news articles you would have plenty of evidence.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: October 15, 2012, 09:55:32 am »

You mean asking egregiously leading rhetorical questions, insinuating the other person holds incomprehensibly stupid views, and failing to make a valid argument isn't the way we're supposed to communicate? I'm sorry, man. I know you would never do anything like-

gainst
Liberal values = weed.

Right? Appeal to those danged lefties, just mention weed, right? Riiight? It's not like they believe in anything else!

Oh wait! I remember! I was just following your lead!

So - do you support this sort of post or not, because I'm getting some awfully mixed messages here.

I don't know what your actual views are, but I know your post was utterly worthless, so why don't you try again and you can add something substantive this time instead of just trolling? And then I'll respond with something equally reasonable, because I'll have something of worth to respond to. Sound good?

(And for the record: Yes, supporting the war on some drugs is explicitly supporting ruining people's lives. Whether or not you think ruining people's lives is worth it, for a variety of potential benefits, is where the crux of any potential debate on that front would lie.)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: October 15, 2012, 10:06:19 am »

Doesn't that count as some form of voter coercion, and thus is an offence by some form of Federal law?
Yep, except the people threatening it are Annies. They seem to think that their workers should be greatful for having any wage at all, even if it isn't one they can live off of. As such, they can afford to bury anyone who makes waves under a mountain of paid lawyers. If Obama wins there might be some concequences to them, but it's doubtful because they won't carry through with their threats.

Bush won and who moved to Canada?

I wonder why people who don't even know what a catasplosion is think their opinions here matter worth a lick.

Anyway, Romney is a corporation personified. Corporations are only interested in themselves. Obama IS a liar. He's deceptive as all hell, which makes him an Ideal wartime president. Romney will get our troops killed in droves if he's elected, and his almost first official act will be to start a war. Obama will increase the power of our growing police state.

I don't want either. Stubbs/Scamps is my ticket. Better a pair of Fat cats than the other choices.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: October 15, 2012, 10:33:51 am »

Sooo, who ever wins we lose. Seems about right.

Personally, I rather go with the police state than war.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #6664 on: October 15, 2012, 10:40:39 am »

Sooo, who ever wins we lose. Seems about right.

Personally, I rather go with the police state than war.

The choice is not between police state and war. the choice is between police state and mild economic recovery and on the other hand you have economic damnation, war and you still get police state (and in many ways a stronger one).
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6665 on: October 15, 2012, 10:43:44 am »

Whatever happens, it's gonna take decades to recover so you better get used to the current economic situation.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: October 15, 2012, 10:46:13 am »

I'm going to vote Romney because of the Democrat support of the Patriot Act and Guantanamo bay . That'll show 'em.

@majikero: it's not going to be pretty. The main difference between USA and Europe is that Europe is using austerity measures (deficit reduction) as opposed to America's "spend your way out of the slump" method. Hell, but deficit reduction in America can't possibly do anything but grow the economy faster. It's opposite day in Europe. that's all. I'm voting Romney on this one again.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 10:49:36 am by Reelya »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: October 15, 2012, 10:46:58 am »

I wonder why people who don't even know what a catasplosion is think their opinions here matter worth a lick.
"Unless you've had a fortress go through FPS death, you're not prepared to handle American politics!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: October 15, 2012, 11:33:54 am »

HEY GUYS

LET'S GET REALLY REALLY ANGRY AT EACH OTHER

AND TALK PAST EACH OTHER

THAT'LL WORK

THAT'LL MAKE RATIONAL DISCUSSION HAPPEN

THAT'LL CHANGE PEOPLES MINDS

TOTALLY
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: October 15, 2012, 12:08:20 pm »

YUS!!!!!11!!one!
My wooden badge was delicious.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: October 15, 2012, 12:23:33 pm »

GoombaGeek, still waiting on a post with content over here. Would love to make this rational discussion thing happen, but not so sure if "YUS" is the sort of comment that will kick it off.

But seriously, did you actually have an argument you wanted to make or were you honestly just trolling with your post before? I can't tell.

Edit: I'm going to assume by your silence the answer is "No I don't, I just felt like trolling, lulzlulzlulz."
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 01:30:15 pm by GlyphGryph »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: October 15, 2012, 03:30:29 pm »

http://www.electionprojection.com/2012elections/president12.php
The long term trend for Obama is still positive, though there has been some slippage in the estimated electoral vote count.

http://www.electionprojection.com/2012elections/statepages/allpolls.php?state=no

However a recent slate of head to head polls show that Romney leading by a minute margin.

http://www.electionprojection.com/2012elections/senate12.php
In the senate, it looks like the democrats will be retaining majority by gaining 2 seats for the time being up from recent projections.

http://www.electionprojection.com/2012elections/house12.php
And in the house, the republicans will continue to retain their lead with the democrats picking up 2 seats, down from recent projections.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: October 15, 2012, 03:39:02 pm »

GoombaGeek, still waiting on a post with content over here. Would love to make this rational discussion thing happen, but not so sure if "YUS" is the sort of comment that will kick it off.

But seriously, did you actually have an argument you wanted to make or were you honestly just trolling with your post before? I can't tell.

Edit: I'm going to assume by your silence the answer is "No I don't, I just felt like trolling, lulzlulzlulz."
Ooh, always with the assumptions. Lulzlulzlulzluzllzlzlzlulzulzul.

ON AN UNRELATED NOTE so what about those independents? Is there even a green party anymore?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: October 15, 2012, 03:45:32 pm »

Ooh, always with the assumptions. Lulzlulzlulzluzllzlzlzlulzulzul.

ON AN UNRELATED NOTE so what about those independents? Is there even a green party anymore?

http://www.jillstein.org/

pay more attention.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: October 15, 2012, 03:46:54 pm »

okay so how about that one guy from canada who's on death row

what about him

is he doing ok
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 714