Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 700465 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #7950 on: November 04, 2012, 05:18:04 pm »

I'm definitely betting on some sort of recount shenanigans going on, ala Romney.

I'm betting tallys won't match exit polls in areas with machines owned by the Romney family...

Gah, that thing where Romney has investments in the company that runs voting machines in Ohio terrifies me.  If we have another Florida, I'm going to start worrying about how many consecutive presidents the Republicans could get into office with this sort of trickery. 
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7951 on: November 04, 2012, 05:28:24 pm »

If Colorado's results make no sense guys, it's actually correct.

I mentioned it before that my State is a little wierd. It was dismissed because "so is every other state" (though no other state I can think of has three different distinct regional zones with entirely different and opposing base economies with their own distinctive shifts and views between urban and rural in each region). It also has something about it...
Pot Legalization.

It's a chance to stick it to the Federal Government to some, a right to choose healthcare for others, and something fun to do for others yet again. It's got a lot of support, and a lot of opposition (polls project legalization in Colorado.)
Why does this matter? Because it's a known fact in Colorado that Obama is Anti-pot. So..... Some of my Dem friends are voting Libertarian.
This tuesday's gonna be great. I predict a strong zombie turnout!
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7952 on: November 04, 2012, 05:47:42 pm »

Kon, don't take it badly or anything, but your psots about Clinton's deficit (Or your tone rather) remind me of this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My belief is that oil and gas prices are almost exclusively due to price and demand.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7953 on: November 04, 2012, 05:49:17 pm »

To whoever is about to post "Kon, you completely missed the point, this has nothing to do with gas prices", bear in mind that it's as obvious to everyone else as it is to you.  There, I just saved you the trouble.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7954 on: November 04, 2012, 05:57:54 pm »

Actually Kon, there are graphs showing that pump prices for oil have little to do with oil production, and everything to do with speculators in the futures / commodities markets. This article is about how Wall Street artificially skyrocketed food prices during the "food crisis", which was neither a crisis of supply or demand, but a crisis of a paper futures trading bubble. The oil price spike is closely related:

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/04/27/how_goldman_sachs_created_the_food_crisis
http://advisoranalyst.com/glablog/2012/05/28/the-connection-between-commodity-indices-and-oil-prices/
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 06:01:09 pm by Reelya »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7955 on: November 04, 2012, 06:03:01 pm »

Actually Kon, there are graphs showing that pump prices for oil have little to do with oil production, and everything to do with speculators in the futures / commodities markets. This article is about how Wall Street artificially skyrocketed food prices during the "food crisis", which was neither a crisis of supply or demand, but a crisis of a paper futures trading bubble. The oil price spike is closely related:

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/04/27/how_goldman_sachs_created_the_food_crisis
http://advisoranalyst.com/glablog/2012/05/28/the-connection-between-commodity-indices-and-oil-prices/
Shit like this makes me want to punch professional investors in their faces.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7956 on: November 04, 2012, 06:03:36 pm »

>:(
Stop feeding him.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7957 on: November 04, 2012, 06:05:47 pm »

Ignore lists.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7958 on: November 04, 2012, 06:09:06 pm »

It'd be better If I could get my hands on Banana futures.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7959 on: November 04, 2012, 06:14:54 pm »

It'd be better If I could get my hands on Banana futures.
Banana futures...or bananas from the future?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7960 on: November 04, 2012, 06:26:02 pm »

I'm learning new things from arguments with Kon.

The problem is, some of you guys are letting it get personal. Someone's refusal to recognize simple facts  does not make your statements worthless, or justify personal attacks. As for his insultive behavior, might I suggest thicker skin? It is a good thing if the deliberately and willingly clueless find what you have to say as silly.

But for providing the info to the troll, it's like people who reply to requests for information to "search more". I use forum searches and see lots of instructions to do so with little of whatever I am looking for. It's nice to provide information for others, even if it goes nowhere with the one who sparked it.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #7961 on: November 04, 2012, 08:14:41 pm »

Yet speculators don't have an infinite amount of resources. Goldman would eventually become bankrupt were they literally attempting to go against reality.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7962 on: November 04, 2012, 08:15:30 pm »

The problem is, some of you guys are letting it get personal. Someone's refusal to recognize simple facts  does not make your statements worthless, or justify personal attacks. As for his insultive behavior, might I suggest thicker skin? It is a good thing if the deliberately and willingly clueless find what you have to say as silly.

But for providing the info to the troll, it's like people who reply to requests for information to "search more". I use forum searches and see lots of instructions to do so with little of whatever I am looking for. It's nice to provide information for others, even if it goes nowhere with the one who sparked it.

I regret that I initially responded to insults with insults. I should not have done that. More recently I have been careful not to be disrespectful toward those who are being disrespectful toward me.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7963 on: November 04, 2012, 08:45:57 pm »

I regret that I initially responded to insults with insults. I should not have done that. More recently I have been careful not to be disrespectful toward those who are being disrespectful toward me.
I don't think you're a troll, I just think you have a radically different perspective than most on here. Which is a good thing!

Everyone needs to calm down. Sometimes this place can get a little too liberal and it's only by embracing the successes of both sides we can find Utopia.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7964 on: November 04, 2012, 08:56:16 pm »

I don't think you're a troll, I just think you have a radically different perspective than most on here. Which is a good thing!

Everyone needs to calm down. Sometimes this place can get a little too liberal and it's only by embracing the successes of both sides we can find Utopia.

We can disagree on who has been most insulting or more disrespectful in the past. But I hope that going forward we can refrain from insulting each other and being disrespectful toward each other.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 08:58:01 pm by Kon »
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 714