Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 720991 times)

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #1950 on: February 15, 2012, 05:37:14 pm »

It doesnt matter one iota what people do prior to or during their presidency in their personal lives.

Then why don't we allow convicted felons to run for political office, or even vote?

I like how you equate JFK's morality to Gingrichs without providing anything to your argument, either. And are we really going to compare the Iron Cross, handed out in WWI to a genocidal maniac to saving the lives of fellow soldiers? Germany wasn't exactly a model of forward thinking in WWI, either. So I think your examples are pretty terrible.

Do we really need this discussion?

You're right. We're mucking up the thread with non-relevant discussion.

I thought it was relevant at the time, as Gingrich is going to lose off the back of it.

For the record, I actually like JFK. As a president. I stand by the logic and evidence provided of my argument.
Sayonara discussion.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: February 15, 2012, 05:38:24 pm »

This is still warranted, because you guys need to learn to stop trying to get in the last word while acknowledging that the discussion is over.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1952 on: February 15, 2012, 05:40:19 pm »

How can you even rationally say JFK had NO morals? He was a cheater, but he would never leave his wife for another woman, especially in a time she needed him the most, unlike Gingrich. Gingrich and Hitler are really the only ones on your list I can point at and not find any semblance of morality.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: February 15, 2012, 05:41:12 pm »

-Blablabla-

And now I have to shoot myself for having to be the sensible one.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: February 15, 2012, 05:43:31 pm »

How can you even rationally say JFK had NO morals? He was a cheater, but he would never leave his wife for another woman, especially in a time she needed him the most, unlike Gingrich. Gingrich and Hitler are really the only ones on your list I can point at and not find any semblance of morality.

I never said JFK had no morals, I compared him to Gingrich. Stop with the JFK fandom, I actually like the president, not the man. Cheating is cheating is immoral behavior. Good president for the most part.

You really are incredibly biased for JFK and against Gingrich, suggest you read some about JFK and his presidency.

Self dogged.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: February 15, 2012, 05:46:08 pm »

Love, scriver~

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: February 15, 2012, 05:48:02 pm »

whatever...
How about you go and read about Hitler and get your own facts strait?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: February 15, 2012, 05:48:43 pm »

You really are incredibly biased for JFK and against Gingrich, suggest you read some about JFK and his presidency.

I'd suggest you do the same.

Also:

Thread Nazi dog has spoken.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: February 15, 2012, 05:51:21 pm »

I've not much on topic to say, other than I find it highly amusing Santorum's becoming a significant contender. 'Course that amusement would turn to fright if he gets a significant chance at the presidency.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: February 15, 2012, 05:52:16 pm »

whatever...

I suggest you read a book and not get your information from hollywood, good god people is this what history has come to? hollywood = truth.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: February 15, 2012, 05:53:27 pm »

Look man. We're all reasonably intelligent individuals around here. We're all capable of reading. I have a minor in History, almost made it my major.

There's a big difference between reading history and your interpretation of it. Saying you're a history student doesn't give you anymore validity than me calling myself a rocket science because I read a wiki article on rocket science. Or a book, for that matter.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: February 15, 2012, 05:54:59 pm »

Look man. We're all reasonably intelligent individuals around here. We're all capable of reading. I have a minor in History, almost made it my major.

There's a big difference between reading history and your interpretation of it. Saying you're a history student doesn't give you anymore validity than my calling myself a rocket science because I read a wiki article on rocket science. Or a book, for that matter.

What you've said has been reasonable. I disagree with a great deal of it but its not beyond the realms of reality that I may be wrong in my argument. That other guy is totally without credible information. Saying I majored in history is never meant to be a statement of competancy, its a statement of my interest in the area only.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: February 15, 2012, 05:55:37 pm »

whatever...

I suggest you read a book and not get your information from hollywood, good god people is this what history has come to? hollywood = truth.
I don't even know what the hell you are going on about. I have not gotten any of my information on this subject from hollywood at all. And you really need to stop with the personal attacks.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: February 15, 2012, 06:02:49 pm »

Let's all calm down abit, were all friends here.

Anyone have any dirt on Santorum? mr squeeky clean man?

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: February 15, 2012, 06:13:20 pm »

Anyone have any dirt on Santorum? mr squeeky clean man?
I did a quick review back in January when he was up in the polls.
As for Santorum, no-one took him seriously before his late surge simply because he isn't someone who should be taken seriously. He was a Senator who got stomped to the tune of 17% (710,204 votes), the largest defeat of any incumbent Senator since 1980, who is grossly out of tune with the current popular rhetoric in the Republican party, who has been a joke on the internet since 2003. People haven't needed to do anything other than point and laugh since 2006.

I'd love it if he does stay high in the polls for a while, simply because there are so many more stories about him that haven't had enough time in the spotlight yet. Like his take on the Catholic sex abuse scandal (blame liberals). Or his lending his name to a Dicovery Institute written Intelligent Design pushing amendment. Or going Godwin over the Democrats using the filibuster. Or saying that Terri Schiavo was executed. Or how (just last year) he said how John McCain doesn't understand torture enhanced interrogation techniques. Or him being about the only person to maintain the US found WMDs in Iraq. Or his inserting of a multi-billion dollar tax credit for synthetic (coal based) fuel oil into a bill otherwise concerned with aid for Katrina victims. Or his proposal to block the national weather service from publishing any weather information that might compete with commercial sources. Or why he is commonly referred to as 'man on dog' Santorum (which is somehow worse since Dan Savage had his way with his name). Or how he blames radical feminism for making it "more socially affirming to work outside the home than to give up their careers to take care of their children."

This just from a quick skimming of his wiki page for stories I remember.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 714