Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 720719 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #2790 on: March 18, 2012, 09:09:11 am »

I wonder how many of those 52 delegates will Ron Paul gets.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: March 18, 2012, 09:13:09 am »

53 of them, of course. How, no one will be able to figure out -- not even Ron Paul -- but it'll go through anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: March 18, 2012, 02:01:43 pm »

Quote from: Zrk2

Jesus FUCKING Christ. How has your entire government not collapsed in an orgy of lawsuits yet?

Actually, it's pretty much become a tradition since Bush/Gore that there will be at least one contested recount per election. Or maybe it's that voter fraud is now an inescapable part of the election process. (Thanks Diebold)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: March 18, 2012, 04:07:08 pm »

How'd the Puerto Rico primary shape up? I assume it went for Romney...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: March 18, 2012, 05:36:34 pm »

How'd the Puerto Rico primary shape up? I assume it went for Romney...
Not over yet but likely Romney
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: March 18, 2012, 06:55:01 pm »

Excuse my ignorance, but it was my belief that Puerto Rico was currently illegible from electing a president, or does that only apply at the actual elections rather than the primaries? Note, I'm not American.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #2796 on: March 18, 2012, 07:05:15 pm »

Excuse my ignorance, but it was my belief that Puerto Rico was currently illegible from electing a president, or does that only apply at the actual elections rather than the primaries? Note, I'm not American.

Territories do not have seats on the electoral college, so no they can't have a final "real"  vote in the presidency. But every party can run its primaries as it sees fit, including in territories.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: March 18, 2012, 10:20:09 pm »

Territories do not have seats on the electoral college, so no they can't have a final "real"  vote in the presidency. But every party can run its primaries as it sees fit, including in territories.
Well everyone who is in the party gets to vote in the primary, and people in territories are allowed to join the Democratic or Republican party, even though they don't really influence anything outside of the territory. 
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: March 18, 2012, 11:16:58 pm »

Just in: Romney promises statehood for PR, grabs 20 delegates out of it.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: March 18, 2012, 11:19:48 pm »

Here's a horrifying thought for you all to muse on: Rick Santorum is almost certainly the single most honest politician in this entire election.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: March 18, 2012, 11:22:45 pm »

Yeah, that's his pretty standard thing. Probably been brought up a few times already.

Pro: He actually means what he says, at least mostly.
Con: He actually means what he says, at least mostly.

If nothing else, it makes it really easy to see precisely why you should not under any circumstances vote for the guy :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #2801 on: March 18, 2012, 11:23:50 pm »

Here's a horrifying thought for you all to muse on: Rick Santorum is almost certainly the single most honest politician in this entire election.

Ron Paul will run forever because he believes in his ideology far more than money means to him.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: March 18, 2012, 11:25:45 pm »

Ron Paul will run forever because he believes in his ideology far more than money means to him.
Even so, someone with such a libertarian bent is probably stretching the truth at least a little bit as to not scare away the moderate majority.

Santorum just does not give a fuck about anyone's opinion on him. It would be heroically audacious if not for the fact that his unadulterated opinions are a reactionary horror show.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: March 18, 2012, 11:28:58 pm »

That is Santorum's great redeeming point. I'd give my left hand if all politicians from now on were as honest as Santorum is. Unfortunately, Santorum is honest about the sorts of things that Santorum believes.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: March 18, 2012, 11:51:29 pm »

How do we know that Santorum is honest, anyway? Especially considering that he hasn't been elected. Presidents say all kinds of things on the trail. Bush said that he wanted to step away from unilateral action, and avoid conflict with other nations.

Two wars, eight years later.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 714