Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 721010 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #3060 on: April 10, 2012, 10:47:54 pm »

Rick Santorum dropped out.
And nothing of value was lost.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: April 10, 2012, 11:08:58 pm »

You are much smarter than many an English major running around... I'm just going to learn Chinese, Portuguese and Pashto and hope that means job security.
Chinese and portuguese? You bet you can find a job, with how much trade we have with china & south america.

Won't likely have a business degree, though.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: April 10, 2012, 11:14:52 pm »

You don't need a business degree to be a translator.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: April 10, 2012, 11:16:40 pm »

Translators into English get paid crap. Really. It was truly misfortunate that I was born in the Anglosphere in this respect, since it's so very hard to be trusted to translate into any language but your native.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: April 10, 2012, 11:32:07 pm »

suddenly, the average intelligence of the candidates went up sevenfold!

His intelligence was negative?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: April 10, 2012, 11:54:45 pm »

Now now, that would require the average intelligence of the rest of the group to be 0. We know carrots have an IQ of at least 2, and I'm sure we can agree that Gingrich et al aren't stupider than a carrot. As stupid *AS*, perhaps, but not stupider.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: April 10, 2012, 11:56:51 pm »

I don't know, man. You don't see the Carrot Economy crashing straight into the ground. It is far more like a gradual growth, actually.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: April 11, 2012, 12:05:23 am »

Now now, that would require the average intelligence of the rest of the group to be 0. We know carrots have an IQ of at least 2, and I'm sure we can agree that Gingrich et al aren't stupider than a carrot. As stupid *AS*, perhaps, but not stupider.

Check your math.  If Rick Santorum has an intelligence of 0 then removing him from an average only increases the average by a factor of 1/n where n is the number of candidates remaining.  I.E. removing him from an average of 4 candidates only increases the average to 133% of what it was before.  If removing him increases the intelligence by a factor of 7, that implies either that he has negative intelligence or that there are 21 Rick Santorums running for president.

Yes, picture that in your mind.  21 Rick Santorums running for president.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 12:09:05 am by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: April 11, 2012, 12:06:54 am »

Oh well. Santorum 2016?

Dear lord, let us hope not.
He has been comparing himself to Reagan. In one of those articles he pointed out that Reagan lost to Ford, but Ford lose the general election. (But then Reagan came back for two terms! What a card, that Reagan guy.)

A lot of my classmates went off to liberal arts colleges, I knew back then that was a horrible idea for job security.
Depends on what you go for. I am personally going to a liberal arts college, but will be taking almost solely physics and computer science classes. (Hence; Liberal Arts in the Physical and Computer Sciences is the official line that will be on my diploma in a few years.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: April 11, 2012, 12:14:53 am »

A lot of my classmates went off to liberal arts colleges, I knew back then that was a horrible idea for job security.
Depends on what you go for. I am personally going to a liberal arts college, but will be taking almost solely physics and computer science classes. (Hence; Liberal Arts in the Physical and Computer Sciences is the official line that will be on my diploma in a few years.)
In short you're going to school for something practical instead of say... english lit & communications.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: April 11, 2012, 12:30:08 am »

Yes. Whatever you do, don't let your diploma say "Bachelor's in Liberal Arts" and be done with it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: April 11, 2012, 12:38:35 am »

I know a guy who has a BS in English composition.  I believe he was the only guy in his school's history to get a BS in that major.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: April 11, 2012, 02:10:58 am »

Check your math.  If Rick Santorum has an intelligence of 0 then removing him from an average only increases the average by a factor of 1/n where n is the number of candidates remaining.  I.E. removing him from an average of 4 candidates only increases the average to 133% of what it was before.  If removing him increases the intelligence by a factor of 7, that implies either that he has negative intelligence or that there are 21 Rick Santorums running for president.

Herp a derp. Missed the sevenfold bit. Yeah... that's a scary thought.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: April 11, 2012, 02:10:59 am »

Holy shit. It's like... it's perfect. Can we just have this for the Republican primaries for the rest of ever?

Oh, wait. The degree of his near-success suggests that we probably will. Campaign strategies in general are all about short-term gratification, seems like.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3074 on: April 11, 2012, 11:25:48 am »

I almost want a republican in charge. We're looking at a lot of unavoidable disasters in the next few years... major climate change, further economic collapse, etc. It'd be terrible if these ended up being blamed on a supposed liberal.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 714