Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 717486 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #6360 on: October 10, 2012, 12:27:55 am »

Once seen it cannot be unseen.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6361 on: October 10, 2012, 12:28:56 am »

Now roll SAN.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6362 on: October 10, 2012, 08:02:55 am »

Billionaire resort developer sends letter to his employees wherein he threatens to take his ball and go home if Obama is elected.
By which I mean, "dissolve his company, fire all his employees, and retire to an island in the Caribbean".

In *my* just world, this guy is one of the first with his brains all over the wall when the revolution comes. I'm tired of playing nice with fuckwads like this.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6364 on: October 10, 2012, 08:42:02 am »

I was darkly amused by the "modest home" followed by "converted the garage into a office" bit, m'self. I think I've said it before, as have others. It's just a near complete cognitive disconnect; these people seem to literally not understand what modest genuinely looks like. It's not a home with a garage. The rest was fairly objectionable throughout, but that part stood out to me, hum.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6365 on: October 10, 2012, 08:53:52 am »

I like the comments.
To all those that belittle this man for being successful, I say "Please shut up. You have all the same opportunity he did to make something of yourself. All you need is the ability to work hard and make smart choices to be wildly successful. There are only 5 basic necessities in life, everything else is a luxury and it is society that has done you the disservice of letting you believe that these luxuries are the new standard." Please open your eyes and talk to someone who has more than you and tell them to their face that they owe you something. Don't speak of classes or in generalities but directly to them. They don't owe you a red cent. Accept your station in life or take responsibility to improve it and help anyone you can along the way.
"It's not my fault you've all wasted your golden opportunities by being lefty pansies, now, is it? Just think - when YOU'RE rich, will YOU want higher taxes?"
My wooden badge was delicious.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6366 on: October 10, 2012, 10:28:25 am »

Billionaire resort developer sends letter to his employees wherein he threatens to take his ball and go home if Obama is elected.
By which I mean, "dissolve his company, fire all his employees, and retire to an island in the Caribbean".

In *my* just world, this guy is one of the first with his brains all over the wall when the revolution comes. I'm tired of playing nice with fuckwads like this.

Meh. One of the privileged assholes gets told his whole life that he is the ultimate benefactor and should be not only pampered, but worshiped. Now he realized that the world doesn't seem enthusiastic about revolving around him and this is his way to deal with the cognitive dissonance. I can't even feel anger, only mild amusement.

It's the comments under the text that make me angry. I can't find any reason why would anyone want to defend and worship this manchild.

Edit: Oh, wait. Now the article seems a bit fishy.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 10:33:24 am by Gantolandon »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6367 on: October 10, 2012, 10:51:35 am »

I'm at work but I'm compelled to post.

So we're moving from propaganda and slander to indirect coersion and threats? Go America! Show the world how corruption democracy is done.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6368 on: October 10, 2012, 10:51:57 am »

So it's a fake, I'm not surprised.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6369 on: October 10, 2012, 10:54:52 am »

So it's a fake, I'm not surprised.

Actually it's true. They called the guy up, and he confirmed it.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6370 on: October 10, 2012, 10:56:10 am »

When do we start getting this up north?

"Hello, this is the CEO. Recently I've been worrying about my tax burden, and it would be really nice if you guys voted for Steve again so I don't have to sell the car and bring the kids to office daycare. If things got really bad we might have to get the utility company to cut off the maple syrup lines, and then you'd have nothing to put on your pancakes, so please vote responsibly."
My wooden badge was delicious.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6371 on: October 10, 2012, 10:56:39 am »

Well that's crazy. I checked the snopes thing and that had been debunked, so I assumed it was another fake.

Billionaires be crazy, yo.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6372 on: October 10, 2012, 10:58:57 am »

Well that's crazy. I checked the snopes thing and that had been debunked, so I assumed it was another fake.

Well apparently he used that chain letter as a guide for some reason, because he liked the message behind it or something. I don't know.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6373 on: October 10, 2012, 11:24:02 am »

Well apparently he used that chain letter as a guide for some reason, because he liked the message behind it or something. I don't know.
That's the gist I got. "Okay, I like the cut of this man's jib! What's that you say? It's not real? Even better! I can just change a few names and nobody can sue me for plagiarism! Who's got two thumbs, a billion dollars, and knows how to cut corners like a boss?"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6374 on: October 10, 2012, 11:52:06 am »

Boy, won't it be a bitch when he has to pay all those people unemployment?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 714