Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 717355 times)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #7440 on: October 29, 2012, 04:53:17 pm »

Proposal One: To add the "Emergency Manager" protocol to the constitution. The only one I support.

Wait, you support unelected dictators being appointed to liquidate cities?
Proposal One is actually voting for a referendum on the emergency manager law, so that the law itself can be accepted or rejected by direct vote.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7441 on: October 29, 2012, 04:54:49 pm »

Personally, I think it'll cause problems when hunting a specific species is outlawed because of it's population dying.
It states that the amendment is to act in such a way to conserve hunting and preserve the future of hunting through population control, so not allowing the hunting of an endangered species wouldn't be challenged, it would be mandated.
True. However, do you really think that people will read it like that? I still envision a lot of people screaming "IT'S OUR RIGHTS".
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7442 on: October 29, 2012, 04:58:13 pm »

Personally, I think it'll cause problems when hunting a specific species is outlawed because of it's population dying.
It states that the amendment is to act in such a way to conserve hunting and preserve the future of hunting through population control, so not allowing the hunting of an endangered species wouldn't be challenged, it would be mandated.
True. However, do you really think that people will read it like that? I still envision a lot of people screaming "IT'S OUR RIGHTS".
Yes, I think people will read it like that. Hunters are not stupid, they understand how the life cycle of an ecosystem functions and the consequences of both over and under hunting.

More importantly, the courts are sure to read it like that as well, and that is what really matters.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7443 on: October 29, 2012, 05:07:38 pm »

So why is no one talking about the asshole who owns the bridge? I thought I was careful to emphasize that portion.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7444 on: October 29, 2012, 05:11:46 pm »

What is there to say? That he's an asshole? That has been established.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7445 on: October 29, 2012, 05:25:52 pm »

I heard a conservative say once that "separation of church and state is only one way- to stop the state from interfering with the church, not the other way around". I proceeded to laugh and cry at the same time at his outright ignorance.
But that is exactly how it works. Maybe not how it was designed, but how it works.
Even Obama's "forcing churches to fund abortion" was only forcing an employer to provide a complete health care package. The church could still excommunicate anyone who took it.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7446 on: October 29, 2012, 05:26:46 pm »

I heard a conservative say once that "separation of church and state is only one way- to stop the state from interfering with the church, not the other way around". I proceeded to laugh and cry at the same time at his outright ignorance.
But that is exactly how it works. Maybe not how it was designed, but how it works.
Even Obama's "forcing churches to fund abortion" was only forcing an employer to provide a complete health care package. The church could still excommunicate anyone who took it.

I know that's how it currently works. But this guy was under the impression that that was the idea the whole time.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7447 on: October 29, 2012, 06:25:28 pm »

Wow. I was just trollin the interwebz when i came across THIS:
http://fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=88136&Page=1

......... I HAVE NO WORDS WTFBBQ
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7448 on: October 29, 2012, 06:43:12 pm »

Wow. I was just trollin the interwebz when i came across THIS:
http://fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=88136&Page=1

......... I HAVE NO WORDS WTFBBQ

Most of it was just standard right-wing talking points... but then I saw that they wanted to repeal VRA 1965.

The only thing that could accomplish would be removing the guaranteed right to vote from minorities.

Man, these Republicans just get more and more blatant about how extreme they've gotten.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7449 on: October 29, 2012, 06:44:33 pm »

Keep in mind, those are Texas Republicans, who can hit a whole new level of crazy than you'd expect.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7450 on: October 29, 2012, 06:49:59 pm »

Keep in mind, those are Texas Republicans, who can hit a whole new level of crazy than you'd expect.

Yeah... it's conservatives in the most conservative state in the country. So it's like conservative^2.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7451 on: October 29, 2012, 06:54:08 pm »

I just realized that I messed up some of the tenses in my previous post. Drat.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7452 on: October 29, 2012, 09:25:59 pm »

I thought Utah was the most conservative?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7453 on: October 29, 2012, 09:30:53 pm »

Different forms of conservatism. Utah has the lowest approval rating for Obama, and hasn't voted for a Democratic president since the 60s. At the same time, they're not super racist or homophobic here (still plenty of that, but it's comparatively benign).

A racist in Texas will shoot you. A racist in Utah will ignore you to death.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7454 on: October 29, 2012, 09:32:14 pm »

kaijyuu beat me to it. Curse my sudden impulse to see if a forum game I wanted to start had already been done here!

Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 714