Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 720799 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #7560 on: November 01, 2012, 11:04:14 am »

Trust me, none of the electors are going to be faithless. Just because they theoretically have the option doesn't mean that it would at all be something they could actually end up carrying out. There would be riots.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #7561 on: November 01, 2012, 11:04:34 am »

The talk about Congress being involved (in a 269-269 tie) is just the media running out of shit to talk about and going "Wow, wouldn't it be crazy if?"

What scenarios- theoretically, of course- would give us a 269-269 tie?

Of course, there's always the question of a faithless elector or two...boy, that'd be fun. A faithless elector throwing the election would have to go into hiding because half the country would be baying for his blood.

http://electoral-vote.com/

if Romney won all ties + ohio, iowa and nevada, it could be a 269-269 tie. This also depends on the split that happens in Maine and Nebraska because they are not winner take all at the state level.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7562 on: November 01, 2012, 11:10:26 am »

And like I said, the "states don't exist in a bubble" thing makes this highly unlikely. If Mittens wins Iowa and Nevada, he's going to win Colorado and Virginia as well, considering they're much closer races than either Iowa or Nevada.

Given the way momentum appears to be going, if there's no major last-minute surprise, I think Obama wins with 300+ electoral votes. Popular vote may be far closer, but that's irrelevant other than giving Republicans a reason to scream that the vote was rigged because they either don't understand math or choose not to understand math because it gets in the way of a good rhetorical screaming point.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 11:13:48 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7563 on: November 01, 2012, 11:25:29 am »

I wonder how much Hurricane Sandy is helping Obama. It gave him a last minute opportunity to show himself as a proactive and caring leader. Heck, it got the Republican governor of New Jersey to speak highly of how well he's handling things!

If anything was going to give him a bounce, or at least firm up support, this is the kind of thing that'll do it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7564 on: November 01, 2012, 11:26:55 am »

Yeah, in general the whole "not fucking up" thing has worked well for him.

Albeit, I just realized how low the bar has been set when "doing your job and not fucking it up" gives you a measurable increase in polling support. Thank you, George W. Bush.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7566 on: November 01, 2012, 01:32:58 pm »

Reading Yahoo commentaries makes me want to enact God Bless America.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7567 on: November 01, 2012, 01:46:59 pm »

Reading Yahoo commentaries is hazardous to everyone ELSE's health, because it's likely to incite homicidal rage and a belief that the human race doesn't deserve to live.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7568 on: November 01, 2012, 01:51:03 pm »

Reading Yahoo commentaries is hazardous to everyone ELSE's health, because it's likely to incite homicidal rage and a belief that the human race doesn't deserve to live.

Yea. There was a comment I read  by someone threatening to sodomize Obama's daughters to death. It really makes me wish I could reach through the internet and crush a few windpipes.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #7569 on: November 01, 2012, 02:04:49 pm »

"What about the VOTING MACHINES that automatically PRINT Obama's name when you VOTE ROMNEY?"
"Obama is responsible, for four people massacred and sodomized and yet he still wants to be president"
"notify all the illegals with the truth how they are selling their soul!!"
"Next think you know were gonna hear about black panthers being used to intimidate voters"
"Obama hates white people"
"theres no mystery here about this tweet.Hussein is an idiot.We can NOT afford 4 more years of this non sense.People who spout such stupidity should be FORCED to LIVE IN IT"
Let Hussein survive in food stamps and un employment"
"I say we all go to church on sunday and beat up an old lady republican until she says she will vote for Obama."
"ccAdvertising is billed as a Republican supporter. Can it be that is is a facade funded by Democrats?"
"Other BAD LANDS burn our flag.... WE AMERICANS BURN DIRTY LAUNDRY"
"Yep, America has come a long way. Next thing we'll hear is that someone excavated Lincolns grave and burned the remains."
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 02:08:05 pm by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #7570 on: November 01, 2012, 02:09:09 pm »

Reading Yahoo commentaries makes me want to enact God Bless America.
I liked these ones :P:

Yo, Erectile Dysfunction...lay off the Blue pills they have clouded your judgement. The Liberal Media is a myth spawned by the conservative media and the weak minded have bought it hook line and sincker
America has had four years of communism, lies, cover ups.
Enough is enough, out with the commie and his cronies, zars, buddy commies and the muzzie brother hood.
Sunny - the "Office of the President of the United States" is currently VACANT.

Obama (Soetoro) was not eligible to run and, therefore, could not be elected, no how many "votes" he got. Pelosi falsified the qualifying documents and should be tried for her crimes, as well.
1. Racism is perpetuated by liberals, not practiced by conservatives.
2. If/when it comes to light that Obama really was not eligible for office, will all his executive orders be immediately repealed? Along with any other orders he gave?

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #7571 on: November 01, 2012, 02:10:18 pm »

This idea of voting machines sending in an Obama vote when you press Romney seems to be coming up more than once. Anyone know where this one's coming from?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7572 on: November 01, 2012, 02:13:54 pm »

Can we please not have Yahoo comments here?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7573 on: November 01, 2012, 02:16:17 pm »

This idea of voting machines sending in an Obama vote when you press Romney seems to be coming up more than once. Anyone know where this one's coming from?

Probably from the voting machine manufacturer executives who promise to deliver elections for republicans and have conspired to do the exact same thing in the opposite direction in the past.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7574 on: November 01, 2012, 02:19:53 pm »

Yea. There was a comment I read  by someone threatening to sodomize Obama's daughters to death. It really makes me wish I could reach through the internet and crush a few windpipes.

I've been working on something like that but right now it relies on people being really really close to their CD drive.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 714